Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 AM

11 posts, read 27,985 times

Advertisements

My bf has a 900hp Nissan 300zx...its insane & sexy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Question 3: More importantly, do you wanna be perceived as a mid-life crisis 30-something guy, with a small penis and uses just the corvette to attract women????
Answer 3:
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Sorry AC but sports cars in general are just silly to me. And so is my impression of the people who drive them. I would date a guy with a regular Toyota, Hyundai, Honda and the likes over the one with a flashy sports car anyday.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:50 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Sorry AC but sports cars in general are just silly to me. And so is my impression of the people who drive them. I would date a guy with a regular Toyota, Hyundai, Honda and the likes over the one with a flashy sports car anyday.
I wouldn't. I enjoy cars and I would want to date someone who understood that and shared a common interest. I also wouldn't want to date someone who judged people by what kind of car they drive.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I wouldn't. I enjoy cars and I would want to date someone who understood that and shared a common interest. I also wouldn't want to date someone who judged people by what kind of car they drive.
I get where you are coming from. When I met my guy he had a sport bike and a new Golf. It wasn't the cars that I found interesting but his "pride in ownership", he truly loves vehicles, takes immaculate care of them and for me it was knowing that if he showed that much pride in something like a car, it must follow through in other areas and, I was right. It does. There were a couple of times I met a guy with a crappy car and it followed through in their personal life, crappy apartment / home, sloppy, etc... Pride in ownership says a lot about a person. Just my own personal opinions.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes they are however the ones that drive bmw540i 164mph cars -- are manly men -over the top macho. I drink really strong coffee and eat my croissant plain no butter jam or anything like that.
lol !

Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
As a woman, I would never tell my man what kind of car to drive. That's his personal business - he has to drive it every day and it has to make HIM happy. As long as his finances are in order, let him drive a 'vette or a BMW or whatever. I don't get this sick sh*t about making sure he can buy you nice things before he gets himself the car he wants. Go get a job and get your own nice things, you selfish harpies.

I'll tell my man what to drive all day, every day if we are married and have combined finances. There are much more important things in life than driving a car that makes you feel good - especially an expensive car. Now, if the couple has an extraordinary amount of money to spare, then it's not going to harm anything, but an average couple/family cannot afford the payments, insurance, and upkeep on that kind of car.

I find the bolded part interesting... Is that projection? No one said anything about making sure he buys her nice things or her not having a job. Hmm...you pulled that out of thin air.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times
Quote:
Oh, that's cool. We are all different.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'll tell my man what to drive all day, every day if we are married and have combined finances. There are much more important things in life than driving a car that makes you feel good - especially an expensive car. Now, if the couple has an extraordinary amount of money to spare, then it's not going to harm anything, but an average couple/family cannot afford the payments, insurance, and upkeep on that kind of car.

I find the bolded part interesting... Is that projection? No one said anything about making sure he buys her nice things or her not having a job. Hmm...you pulled that out of thin air.
Yes they did! Go back and see where that one poster talked about how it wasn't 'compensating' as long as he could also provide her all those other nice things first.

Of course I am talking about after all the finances are settled and all the basic needs met. No one should own anything they can't afford at the expense of basic needs and common interests and goals of the family. What I gathered from that post especially (and from other women I have talked to who resent their husbands' cars) is that they'd rather have that money and attention lavished on them.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Wow. So much hate, generalization and just robust ignorance in this thread...also a lot of sticky violations. <sigh>

1) To the OP, if you don't own a house yet....save money towards a downpayment and THEN look at getting a toy. I spent 2k on a set of tires this spring so know what you are getting into. I had my house pretty much paid off and kids college taken care of prior to buying one. Prior to that my 2 cars were a combined 19 years old.

2) There were some very immature and unitelligent posts about how the car means the person is a jerk or old or impotent blah blah blah....which makes me even more content in my position that I really don't care what other people think.

P.S. Silver 2007 Z06, paid cash, hate away.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Forget about the Corvette Antlered, get you a classic.....like a 1969 Camaro Z28 convertible! HOT!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships