Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 03:23 PM

389 posts, read 777,281 times

Advertisements

Hmm, actually it interests me. All this Astrology stuff and reading of the stars and what not. I've always been a sceptic. I need proof that my horoscope is true. I'm a Capricorn, which apparently is supposed to mean lucky or sweet or something cute like that. Really I think I'm a draw between a Scorpio and a Gemini as far as my personality. I never read my horoscope because it's never told me the right thing, or like someone else said, it's told me something so general that could be true with any Tom Dick or Harry on Main street. so how does it work? I'd like to have it explained to me, or at least to be told something about me that's true for ME MYSELF AND I.

Jessie

Old 11-20-2010, 07:16 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Haha I probably exaggerated my masulinity. I dont go out of my way to act like a MANS man whatsoever, but theres times where I do have to force myself to talk about sports or work or something when I really would rather be talking about something more intellectual, accept im in the company of MENS men.

Im terrified of what people think about me. It sucks. I have such huge ideas that I want to pursue and get out into the public arena, but im limited to hiding behind a screenname online or writing into my local newspaper at best, because im afraid to open myself up to peoples criticism. Ah the life of a Cancer.
Afraid to open yourself up to criticism, that comes with the egotism of the Cardinals, and a bruised ego can takes longer to heal than a physical injury.
The damaging effects of criticism, ego-wounding is more likely to roll off the backs of the Mutable and Fixed signs, they'll bounce back much quicker.
The Mutables (Gemini/Virgo/Sag/Pisces) are largely ego-less and this egotistical Cardinal (myself an Aries) envies them to no end for those capabilities. Lucky them! Lucky Lyra!

When my ego takes a major bruising, it may take several weeks in a Rehab facility to recuperate, and that's just wrong!

Like I said before, if you lived in a foreign country, you might not need that masculine outfit you have to put on, from time to time, to prove to others
you're not wimpy, and you're a far cry from being wimpy! I pity anyone that stupidly picks a fight with you! And, oddly enough, you may not even know yet of how much strength you pack in, particularly if you're engage in a fight for your life or ego. Water is the strongest, most powerful of the elements, beware! That lake, river, ocean looks so peaceful and calm, and?

I'll comment on those birthdates in a second post.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:25 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyharmless View Post
It's funny, because I'm generally very skeptical with any pseudo-science, but zodiac sign descriptions are pretty uncanny. I'm a textbook aquarius. However astrological predictions are ridiculous. You have to take everything with a grain of salt. I don't think I would ever date a Leo, but I won't just disregard any man who's born in August. All the Leos I know are not my cup of tea, but you can't judge someone solely on that.

I'm exactly the same as you, I fit the Aquarius description to a tee and my Cancer/Scorpio family does too. . Seems to hold true among my friends too. Egotistical Leo, dull Taurus... I think it's mostly just us noticing things, though.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:34 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Well, your horoscope actually goes much more in depth than just your sun sign alone. You also have to take into account your Moon sign, Rising Sign, along with the rest of the planets, etc etc.

The planets represent different aspects of our personalities, which are usually signs quite different from our basic Sun sign.

As long as you know the exact time & place of birth, you can easily have your own personalized chart drawn up free at this site:

www.astro.com

Pretty sure you just click the Free Horoscopes option on the left and go from there.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Im July 6, 1987. Shes September 2, 1983.
Well, if you inadvertently call your partner Mother sometime, don't be surprised, as she has a big chunk of Leo in her, both Venus/Mars in Leo.A little on the hot-tempered side? Any number of people, unknown to them,can find themselves in relationships with shades of their parents in them.My niece, in her earlier dating, dated 2 Aquarians in a row (father is an Aquarian) and who knows? She may have gotten tired of dating her "father"and switched horses finally and married a very stable, ambitious earth sign.

I've done the same thing, and wouldn't you characterize these relationships as slightly incestual? And what's wrong with that? Jump in bed with your real mother or father, it's illegal, and in this case it isn't! Enjoy!

Your partner, surprisingly enough, has her Moon in Cancer, your Sun Sign.Romanesque, in a way, in that back in Roman times, from my readings, they'dtake a woman's Moon sign and attach it to a Man's sun sign for harmonic purposes. But, harmonic, in many cases, it isn't. If one or the other exprsses that sign negatively, there could be warfare as well. She can be as potentially moody as you, although she has that Mercury in airy Libra/Virgo sun to come to the rescue if she sinks too far into the water. You don't have the luxury she enjoys as you are far more waterlogged than she is with an absense of those signs to detach yourself from your feelings/emotions.
What do we have here? Sun/Mercury/Venus in watery Cancer, and Moon in watery Scorpio. Your Mars is in limbo, so to speak, as Mars changed sign on the 6th at 16.48 Greenwich time, 11:48am EST. If you were born before
11:48, then your Mars joins your other watery placements in Cancer, after that time, in hot-tempered Leo. Do you know your time of birth? And, with three placements in Cancer, there's going to be some opposite flavor here, Capricorn.

So you both have your share of Cardinal placements, so there may be some leadership battles, now and then, and both capable of being manipulative,perhaps manipulation contests, now and then, who can manipulate the other the most succesfully, and I wouldn't place any bets on these contests,as any number of these may end up in a tie.

I fail to see any cheating signs in either of your charts, I don't see either one of you as cheating types.

Moon in Scorpio has this aura that can be quite intimidating to people,an overly-serious, intense persona and when these people are in a bad mood,angry, you won't ever need to threaten your offenders with a gun, your facial expressions will work better than a gun or pepper spray. They get the message instantaneously: Beware!

You'd probably make a great police officer, security guard or nurse, but not a very good criminal. Don't even go there! You would need the help of a mutable sign or two to accomplish that!

Your wife has a nurse parked in her as well.

That's enough for now, perhaps others on this thead can shed light on this as well, and offer other insights.

Last edited by tijlover; 11-20-2010 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: tighten up lines

Old 11-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
What's wrong with not stinking? It's weird that I would end up strong in Pisces. I've always liked my sun sign being in Gemini. All these years of dealing with my master manipulator brother who's sun sign is Pisces. So it has been kind of a shock to learn I'm so strong in Pisces with my moon sign and mars sign landing there. I hate thinking I manipulate others because I hate feeling manipulated. Could it be Pisces don't realize they are doing it? Although, in my brothers case he has to know!!! And he does smell. Hmmm, maybe he's a Pisces sun and Cancer moon.

*runs off to check*

Sun Pisces
Moon Capricorn
Mercury Aquarius
Venus Acquarius
Mars Gemini
Jupiter Aries
Saturn Cancer
Uranus Scorpio
Neptune Sagittarius
Pluto Libra
Lilith Aries
Asc node Scorpio.

Pisces ascendant Scorpio

Hmmmmmm, is this a chart of a master manipulator? All I know is that he and I clash like you would not believe! And I get along with everyone!
If I met this person I probably wouldn't even detect any Pisces in this person, all that water dehydrated by all those air placements or Water Vac's . I would look upon this Pisces Sun placement as a 10-watt bulb in his chart, if that! I've met other Pisces Sun only individuals with a chunk of Aquarius next door and there's hardly a drop of water left to be seen.

If there were such a contest to be held, who's the more Piscean, you'd win hands down, as the Moon carrier can exemplify the characteristics of that sign more easily than the Sun carrier, providing you pull the switches on your Gemini placements, for a minute or two!

As far as manipulation of water signs, I don't think most watery people are aware of what they're doing, it may be more subconcious than conscious,although it's hard to believe that consciously, they're tempted to do it as well. In the the case of Cancer, first/most primitive of the water signs, I believe it's more conscious. The smell is usually there, quick with the tears
and tears/crying ain't gonna move this "mountain" an iota! For some, tears work wonders, it brings them crashing to their knees! Scorpio would be more likely to manipulate you sexually, hunt high and low, for all the buttons to press to find out what turns you on like you've never been turned on before,and there! Gotcha! You're now my slave!

Pisces is the last of the water signs, the most refined of the water signs, and you'd naturally expect the most refined manipulations coming from this sign.

That Cap Moon can be a user moon (Capricorn: I use) and they can manipulate you if they know you can use you in some way, and after that,throw you to the sidewalk, speed away, and never look back. That's that moon sign in its most negative way.

With a highlighted Mars in Gemini, if you're expressing your Gemini placements positively, and him negatively, there's going to be friction for sure. I would guess this person is extremely restless, does he usually look like he's sitting on pins and needles, finding it an impossible task to kick back and relax?

Last edited by tijlover; 11-20-2010 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: edit words

Old 11-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Hmm, actually it interests me. All this Astrology stuff and reading of the stars and what not. I've always been a sceptic. I need proof that my horoscope is true. I'm a Capricorn, which apparently is supposed to mean lucky or sweet or something cute like that. Really I think I'm a draw between a Scorpio and a Gemini as far as my personality. I never read my horoscope because it's never told me the right thing, or like someone else said, it's told me something so general that could be true with any Tom Dick or Harry on Main street. so how does it work? I'd like to have it explained to me, or at least to be told something about me that's true for ME MYSELF AND I.

Jessie
Submit your birthdate and time of birth and place if you know it and we'll see if we can override your earthy skepticism. If you want it done more secretively, DM me.

Skepticism of the metaphysical (earth is physical) comes naturally to the earth and air signs. That's just normal, to be expected.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
hmm speaking of Pisces....lol

Sun Aquarius
Moon Pisces
Merc Pisces
Ven Aries
Mars Virgo
Jup Virgo
Sat Virgo
Uran Scorpio
Nep Sagittarius
Pluto Libra
Asc Cancer

at your leisure...

Old 11-21-2010, 10:32 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
anyone want to peg all the signs with an a description such as Leo:loves the limelight Capricorn: stubborn, Virgorganized....just curious what most see

Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
Talking CrappyCorns....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post

Jessie
I like your user name, bit of a rebel myself and a Capricorn as well.
In fact, I have three Capricorn placements, Sun, Moon & Mercury.
I have studied astrology for over half my life and what I have found is that it is quite accurate. And I have proof!
I would not call Capricorn, as a sign, cute or sweet...quite the opposite actually. Capricorn is driven, stubborn and a skeptic! Capricorn energy is very determined and a Capricorn can be ruthless in getting to the top.
If you where to meet me, knowing I am a Capricorn, you would think that Capis are sweet and cute, for that is what I am, but that sweetness mainly comes from my Virgo rising and Mars in Aquarius.

Horoscopes found in newspapers and the like are fairly worthless. If you know your rising sign and your moon sign, then if all you have is the newspaper, read the horoscopes for these signs as well.

How does it work? That question does not have a short answer.
But it goes something like this-
The sky is divided into 12 sections in a 'circle'- each section is designated by a constellation, which gives the signs thier names.
Out there are planets, these are the guys that bring the sign to the table.
As we view the sky from earth, we see these planets (and luminaries; Sun & Moon) move through this circle.
Your natal, or birth chart is a snap-shot of the sky at your time of birth.
Where the planets are, within these 12 sections determines your personality and potential.
The idea is that each section has a specific (and detailed) 'way about them'. Aries is hot headed, Scorpio is overly jealous, etc.
Planets are somewhat the same way, each has a defined way of 'being'.
The Moon is emotions, Venus is about joy and pleasures, Pluto is about legacy.
So a planet is in a sign, that planet, with it's own nature, will wear a mask that is of that signs nature.
So if we put the Moon into Leo, then this person will express emotions in a Leo manner. (Leos are the sweet one in my book).
But it does not end there. The sweetness of a Leo Moon can be totally disrupted by some other planets placement and it's relation to that placement.

There is a lot of misunderstandings about astrology and one is 'free will'.
Somehow people seem to think that our astrological charts are something that is written in stone and determines who we are and what will happen to us with no variation.
To an extent, yes, the natal chart does define who we are, but these are strong inclinations on how we MIGHT be. We still have our free will.
An Aries Sun that is heavily afflicted does not have to be a self centered jerk, but it is in their nature none the less.

When one deeply studies thier own natal chart, they can find that much of the hardships they have faced is reflected in the chart through personal weakness or some other hard personality trait. And as the saying goes, 'knowing is half the battle'. So if you are that Aries jerk, you know why and now you can look at yourself and work on making yourself a better person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships