Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:20 AM

6 posts, read 24,547 times

Advertisements

Has anybody had any luck finding a girl who is a 10 in personality and a 10 in looks or anything close? Are there really girls out there who are like thar?

Idk about you guys, but I just love the girls who are attractive but don't think they are or don't flaunt it.

Last edited by SlimThunder; 10-09-2010 at 05:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 05:36 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Your claim of being a 'nice' guy doesn't hold water. You have eliminated every girl you perceive as 'unattractive' (and yet nice like you)....you need to realize that your attitude is much more 'unattractive' than you claim those girls to be.

Time for you to grow up.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Your claim of being a 'nice' guy doesn't hold water. You have eliminated every girl you perceive as 'unattractive' (and yet nice like you)....you need to realize that your attitude is much more 'unattractive' than you claim those girls to be.

Time for you to grow up.
I probably worded that a little harsh. Just what I was saying is that I don't really "click" with any of those girls. Them not being attractive is just a part if it. But our personalities just don't "mesh". I'm really just trying to find the girl who is pretty and nice because I feel like that would be the best fit.

I don't really have that attitude in real life. Sorry I just vented a bit when writing it.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:51 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,074 times
Of course there are girls out there that are pretty and nice. Not all nice girls are named Bertha, have buck teeth, weigh 300 lbs etc.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimThunder View Post
I probably worded that a little harsh. Just what I was saying is that I don't really "click" with any of those girls. Them not being attractive is just a part if it. But our personalities just don't "mesh". I'm really just trying to find the girl who is pretty and nice because I feel like that would be the best fit.

I don't really have that attitude in real life. Sorry I just vented a bit when writing it.
Forget looks entirely. Just concentrate on the personality you like. It's obvious, even if not to you, a peaceful personality is more important to you than looks, otherwise you would not be complaining about the pretty female's personalities.

You probably have some feelings of shame in being seen with less than a socially acceptable physically attractive female. But that is merely outside societal pressures trying to tell you what you like and not really you.

Also, it may be a sign you unconsciously prefer to be alone in general from the fact that you find the pretty female's personalities too offensive to be with. Most people who really want to be with people either have those nasty personalities themselves or just ignore it in the person they want to be with.

People, in general, are troublesome. It is always harder to make yourself and another person happy and content than it is to just make yourself happy. And I think that is what you are learning.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,048,932 times
Are you looking for someone to just date, or to be a friend, a companion, or are you seeking a life-long partner?

"Pretty" doesn't last...so if you're wanting someone who is a trophy on your arm as you walk down the street...then have a good time seeking out the "looks" that impress you.

If you want substance, a gal who is down to earth, has good values and beliefs, then those are the qualities you would seek.

There 'are' woman (not girls) who are very attractive and are very good women.

You will learn as you move through life that the most beautiful women are the ones who shine from within. Anyone can put on an illusion of beauty; but the real beauty, the beauty that is lasting and true does not come from a hairstyle, make-up, fashiion, or from having the perfect figure and a good tan.

Remember, to make friends, you yourself need to be a friend first. Have more of an open mind....look within instead of on the surface.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Shank is right about finding a girl with a personality you like. Then, she WILL be beautiful to you.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Forget looks entirely. Just concentrate on the personality you like. It's obvious, even if not to you, a peaceful personality is more important to you than looks, otherwise you would not be complaining about the pretty female's personalities.*

You probably have some feelings of shame in being seen with less than a socially acceptable physically attractive female. But that is merely outside societal pressures trying to tell you what you like and not really you.

Also, it may be a sign you unconsciously prefer to be alone in general from the fact that you find the pretty female's personalities too offensive to be with. Most people who really want to be with people either have those nasty personalities themselves or just ignore it in the person they want to be with.*

People, in general, are troublesome. It is always harder to make yourself and another person happy and content than it is to just make yourself happy. And I think that is what you are learning.
Well, I like the pretty girls. It's just that people say they have a bad personality so it makes me wonder if I should be with them. There are many who are complete jerks but there are others who might just have been hurt. For example, there's this one girl I know who is probably the most drop-dead gorgeous girl I have ever seen. People say she is a b**** to guys and has no respect for them, which I can kind of see. But at the same time, I found out a guy took advantage of her (sexually), so can you really blame her?

Some people might say it's shallow, but looks are very important to me. I'm not sure if I'd totally disregard personality but I just can't see myself happily with a girl who doesn't have the looks. Maybe it's because I take care of my appearance so I would expect her to as well. Idk, probably sounds shallow but that's just me. Maybe things could change. After all, I'm 17 and have never been with a girl.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
Mine goes to eleven.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Are you looking for someone to just date, or to be a friend, a companion, or are you seeking a life-long partner?

"Pretty" doesn't last...so if you're wanting someone who is a trophy on your arm as you walk down the street...then have a good time seeking out the "looks" that impress you.

If you want substance, a gal who is down to earth, has good values and beliefs, then those are the qualities you would seek.

There 'are' woman (not girls) who are very attractive and are very good women.

You will learn as you move through life that the most beautiful women are the ones who shine from within. *Anyone can put on an illusion of beauty; but the real beauty, the beauty that is lasting and true does not come from a hairstyle, make-up, fashiion, or from having the perfect figure and a good tan.

Remember, to make friends, you yourself need to be a friend first. *Have more of an open mind....look within instead of on the surface.
I'm trying to find the happy median. The girl with looks and personality. I just can't see myself with a girl who might have a decent personality, but no looks. The issue I guess is out of the girls who like me now, they are unattractive to me. It's just me, but it all really starts with physical attraction. If there isn't any there, there really isn't much the girl could do to make me like her. That's just me...

Let me elaborate on the girls who like me:

Girl 1: Skinny but have a hard time looking at her face. Messy hair, big glasses. Manic Depressive. Cuts herself & does drugs
Girl 2: Plain looking. Nice but too timid for my liking in a relationship. No chemistry. Shy. Probably a better friend.
Girl 3: Somewhat attractive. But only attracted to her physically. Nice. Personality-wise, we just don't mesh. We don't dislike each other, but talking and hanging out socially is a constant and tiring effort.

Last edited by SlimThunder; 10-09-2010 at 06:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships