Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm gonna get nasty here, so everyone buckle up and save your dm's for someone who gives a hoot.

I read thread titles like this and it really really irks the shyt out of me.

"Why is it that bad boys are sooo addicting"

Complete and utter crap.

I've spent a better part of my adult life, trying to be a better man, and I read shyt like this.

Yeah, bad boys are so cool when they are f&cking your sister and stealing money from you.

Mad hound!

Bad boys are only addicting to the young and immature. When you're mature and know what really matters, the bad boys go right out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 09:29 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Nicely played, Chowster.

...but...

One of the possible reasons that bad boys are popular is that they are larger than life, so to speak ... they are almost parodies of Alpha-maledom ... and perhaps for women who are tired of the Pointdexters of the world, they are an alluring species.

Just a thought ...

Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Thanks for looking at the article. I always appreciate it when people make an effort to understand something.

Too many women are co-dependent and ruin their lives in pursuit of men who are bad for them.
Sigh.....there was this gal once, she married this guy who thought she hung the moon. He couldn't have loved her more if he tried. The world was hers for the asking of him. Long story short , she left him and bout broke him in two. Ended up with some fleabag that did little better than slaving her out. Because of baggage left by another relationship, turns out she felt she didn't deserve the guy who treated her right. Seems she wants to punish herself and the guy who genuinely loved her was not conducive to that goal.
Well, from my house, the "bad boys" can kiss my horses' posterior end. They cause pain, and suffering, all the while telling themselves they are something special.
Either spending all their time in the gym, admiring themseles in the mirror, or at the bar playing the role of the king of cool after a line of coke and a shot of Jack grows them some guts.
These clowns are "addicting"?? Grrrrrr.....I would rather drink gasoline and **** on a brushfire than be one of these rodents. I have seen the damage up close and personal that comes from letting guys like this in.
Might be that " nice guys" finish last......yea, we are always bringing up the rear trying to clean up the mess. Lmao....seems we are looking for something ...so we don't want to travel very fast anyway.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Women who continue to run after the bad boys are gluttons for punishment.

And their are many women who go after them. Sometimes it's just one guy.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
I am tired of repeating myself.

It's not that bad boys are addicting, it's the qualities that they exude. Women like those qualities.

1-They are confident

2- They have exciting lives.

No one likes a bore!!! No one!!

That's what women like........

Will you guys stop asking this same old crap and get some balls.

I am what you would call a NICE GUY, I have never had a problem dating nor attracting women. Why? I am confident and I live an exciting life................I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING A BAD BOY.

No one likes a jerk, not even women, it just happens those jerk bad boys have the 2 qualities that women like.

Last edited by Ron.; 09-05-2011 at 10:15 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 PM

76 posts, read 110,701 times
who doesn't want someone attractive.. fun and who is good in bed?
Ehh who wants a bad boy ...I wants a bad MAN.

people have different definitions of "nice"

Last edited by indigorose33; 09-05-2011 at 10:03 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
i hate how most girls my age want a "bad boy," whatever that term means to you

i mean christ, so much for the golden rule. i feel like I was lied to my whole life.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 PM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Nicely played, Chowster.

...but...

One of the possible reasons that bad boys are popular is that they are larger than life, so to speak ... they are almost parodies of Alpha-maledom ... and perhaps for women who are tired of the Pointdexters of the world, they are an alluring species.

Just a thought ...
Well, see, I think a guy like yourself would be "bad boy" but in a good way.

You still handle business and aren't a complete jackass, you're probably "bad" just because your lifestyle is slightly different then the mainstream, which I think might be an appeal for some.

I don't picture you being a dyckhead to the ladies.

That's what I'm talking about, a guy who is a complete and utter a hole.

I'm not as a nice guy as I come off sometimes here on CD... am I a "bad" boy, no, I have respect for people's feelings and whatnot.

I'm talking about people who exhibit sociopathic tendencies, which get sorta swept under the rug of "being a bad boy"

Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Just a theory: As little girls, we're taught to be nice and quiet, to play quietly, to sit with our legs together, not to get our white tights dirty, not to be noticed too much, not to be too loud, not to speak out of turn, not to be greedy, not to take what we want, not to ask what we want, never to take the biggest piece, never to take the best piece, and so on.

We keep dreaming of the day WE'LL call the shots in our own lives. But as we grow up and become more aware of nuances, we begin to notice that many women, even after they've achieved that brass ring of college and career, still do 80% of the housework, a far greater percentage of dealing with the children, etc. than the men and we know deep down that chances are for that happening to us too...no matter how hard we work at having it not happen. Deep down we foresee a future not of greater independence, but of being tied even more down, of being hushed up even more and told to complain even less, and to clean up even more mess, literally and figuratively.

So I think many of us use very bad relationships as our "excuse" not to settle down. I think bad relationships are a distraction, a reason; I think what we're really coveting deep down is to escape a really banal existence, but we don't know how to do that, and it takes a good while to realize that bad relationships are not the answer.

Of course, I'm speaking more for much younger women; I don't know a lot of non-trailer-park living women over the age of 22 or 23 who are still going for the really bad relationships with the very bad boys.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i hate how most girls my age want a "bad boy," whatever that term means to you

i mean christ, so much for the golden rule. i feel like I was lied to my whole life.
Many people are. Hell even I was told to be nice and gentleman like, but I've found that women just don't care for that. From my experience at least.

I think as you get older women change because they keep getting crapped on, so at some point they realize that tbey were going about it all wrong, or they just keep telling themselves that it'll all work out and something even worse happens to them.

Or they become bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships