Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 12:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Oh, damn! I had a macaw at one point - even taught it to speak piratese! Sadly, I gave him to a good friend who had a greater need for company...just wonder how he's dealing with a parrot who yells "WENCH! WENCH"!" and "Ya chum-bucket!"
I should work on that with my grey. Mine hated my ex wife. She would attack her feet and the whole nine yards. She didn't care much for dogwalker when she came to visit. The bird sure does have a jealous bone.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Did I just hear a man offer me to take them shopping!?? I will be delighted to take you shopping. We'll see all about that timberwood later when I get you all dressed up.
LOL! If you didn't already know, I lead the life of a monk - I haven't been "shopping" in several years. You could call me a reclusive nerd - I dress totally in black and don't wear anything that costs over $25.

But if you're up for a challenge - charge away!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I should work on that with my grey. Mine hated my ex wife. She would attack her feet and the whole nine yards. She didn't care much for dogwalker when she came to visit. The bird sure does have a jealous bone.
LOL - they're people, aren't they? Personalities, jealousies, likes and dislikes - I really loved him, but my lifestyle doesn't lend itself to committing to all those years of companionship. I rescued him from an abusive household and I guess I was just acting as a steward, but my hobby of doing pirate re-creations seemed to appeal to him.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
LOL - they're people, aren't they? Personalities, jealousies, likes and dislikes - I really loved him, but my lifestyle doesn't lend itself to committing to all those years of companionship. I rescued him from an abusive household and I guess I was just acting as a steward, but my hobby of doing pirate re-creations seemed to appeal to him.
My grey is almost human. And my dogs too. They have personalities that are amazing too.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
My grey is almost human. And my dogs too. They have personalities that are amazing too.
Yep. I think that's why so many people prefer the company of animals to humans - it's as if they're the "pure" form of homo sapiens.

Given the examples of humans that I deal with on a daily basis, I tend to agree.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Yep. I think that's why so many people prefer the company of animals to humans - it's as if they're the "pure" form of homo sapiens.

Given the examples of humans that I deal with on a daily basis, I tend to agree.
The more I go through life the more I like my dogs.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:40 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Oh, damn! I had a macaw at one point - even taught it to speak piratese! Sadly, I gave him to a good friend who had a greater need for company...just wonder how he's dealing with a parrot who yells "WENCH! WENCH"!" and "Ya chum-bucket!"
When I was in high school I worked at a men's store in the shopping mall. There was this little old man that worked with me and for his daily entertainment he would walk across the hall once a day and go up to the minor bird cage they kept outside this pet store and whisper in in it "f### you." It took several months and the bird finally said it, loud and a lot, and one day that bird was gone soon after.

We were all standing outside the store and could hear it all the way across the hall and he was coming back just grinning. We were in tears laughing so hard at how proud he was of himself.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
When I was in high school I worked at a men's store in the shopping mall. There was this little old man that worked with me and for his daily entertainment he would walk across the hall once a day and go up to the minor bird cage they kept outside this pet store and whisper in in it "f### you." It took several months and the bird finally said it, loud and a lot, and one day that bird was gone soon after.

We were all standing outside the store and could hear it all the way across the hall and he was coming back just grinning. We were in tears laughing so hard at how proud he was of himself.
Its Myna bird.

"A Minor Bird" is a poem by Robert Frost.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:02 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times
Quote:
LOL! If you didn't already know, I lead the life of a monk - I haven't been "shopping" in several years. You could call me a reclusive nerd - I dress totally in black and don't wear anything that costs over $25.

But if you're up for a challenge - charge away!

Lmao. Just hand over that credit card.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
So it's just the two of us...hmmm.

What do you say we head on out to somewhere where we can be more comfortable?
Quote:
Sounds good to me. Let's head out to the C-D Lounge - I hear they have a comfy sofa there...I could show you a few Taoist techniques...
Quote:
No, thanks. I've been to the C-D Lounge and all they ever do there is play music videos. I doubt they have any couches...

Tell you what, it's getting late, i'm getting kindda hungry. What do you say we go out to a nice little cafe around the corner that's open all night? Bring your wallet, I forgot mine at home. If you pay for dinner, I might pay next time...

and put on a shirt!

*hopes Phil pays, cause I lied about paying next time....
Oh, serious business here! No towel dropping in public!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships