Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:08 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
You just compared a grown woman to a child. That's exactly the attitude I'm speaking against.
You don't get it...
By making that comparison, I meant the amount of force felt. If a man decides to slap back a woman (mainly because he's an idiot... can't think of anything else) his impact will be the same/similar as if I slapped a small child in anger when I could have left.
Seriously what on earth is he defending himself against a slap when the woman was going to leaving anyways? Same would go for me with that kid.

Secondly, that's not a challenge at all because you're striking back with brutal force to an opponent you know will feel this huge impact. In that sense you're a coward indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 10:24 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times
So, striking back makes a man an idiot, or a coward, but you openly advocate that a woman should strike back with a "swift one to the nutz", and other posters advise a "frying pan"

Double standards ? Much ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
mainly because he's an idiot... can't think of anything else
Quote:
In that sense you're a coward indeed.
My abusive ex wife once launched a vicious attack on me because an attractive woman came on TV, and I didn't look away quick enough, so, obviously, I was ogling her. I was a "pervert", and she was a "sl*t".
This attack included various objects being hurled at me, including the TV itself.
I was attacked with various objects, including hands, feet, fingernails, and at one point, was hit in the temple with a large glass candlestick.
Of course, i was struck in places where bruises wouldn't show.

To end the attack, I had to take control of the situation, and use my physical size to restrain her. Initially, she took umbrage at this, and struggled, screaming that she was being attacked.
I slapped her once across the face, as you would with any hysterical person, which seemed to shock her out of it, and she began to calm down.

Does that make me an idiot ?
A coward ?
Or someone who feared for his own safety ?

You decide.

Incidentally, there was one occasion subsequently where she appeared with bruises and cuts on her face. She was evasive about where they came from, so I left it and didn't push it.
I later found out that she'd decided to beat herself up, and was touting herself about her family and friends, claiming that it was, in fact me who caused the injuries.

It's been said before, and it'll be said again. You cannot have revenge against a true abuser. They do not see the world the way we do, and will only use it to further their own case.

I'm not saying this happened with Rihanna and Chris, but only the two of them know exactly what happened. THere are always three sides to a story.
Each participants, and then the truth.

Last edited by bobman; 11-17-2010 at 10:38 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,814,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
So, striking back makes a man an idiot, or a coward, but you openly advocate that a woman should strike back with a "swift one to the nutz", and other posters advise a "frying pan"

Double standards ? Much ?

My abusive ex wife once launched a vicious attack on me because an attractive woman came on TV, and I didn't look away quick enough, so, obviously, I was ogling her. I was a "pervert", and she was a "sl*t".
This attack included various objects being hurled at me, including the TV itself.
I was attacked with various objects, including hands, feet, fingernails, and at one point, was hit in the temple with a large glass candlestick.

To end the attack, I had to take control of the situation, and use my physical size to restrain her. Initially, she took umbrage at this, and struggled, screaming that she was being attacked.
I slapped her once across the face, as you would with any hysterical person, which seemed to shock her out of it, and she began to calm down.

Does that make me an idiot ?
A coward ?
Or someone who feared for his own safety ?

You decide.

Incidentally, there was one occasion subsequently where she appeared with bruises and cuts on her face. She was evasive about where they came from, so I left it and didn't push it.
I later found out that she'd decided to beat herself up, and was touting herself about her family and friends, claiming that it was, in fact me who caused the injuries.

It's been said before, and it'll be said again. You cannot have revenge against a true abuser. They do not see the world the way we do, and will only use it to further their own case.

I'm not saying this happened with Rihanna and Chris, but only the two of them know exactly what happened. THere are always three sides to a story.
What you're describing is a case of actually self-defense to restrain the person that is causing serious harm and can be life-threatening. In this case you had to use reasonable force to get her off you.
What I was referring to was if the man just retaliates for the hell of it just to punish the woman. That in my definition is a coward. If he can walk away a simple slap (that probably didn't hurt that much in the first place) and instead proceeds to striking back with a punch then he deserves to get labeled all sorts of names.... that's a wife-beater alright.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,500 times
there definitely is a double standard when it comes to women hitting men. Its a no no for both sides. Retaliation with violence is never justified. Saying it is just completely wrong and morally bankrupt.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
What you're describing is a case of actually self-defense to restrain the person that is causing serious harm and can be life-threatening. In this case you had to use reasonable force to get her off you.
What I was referring to was if the man just retaliates for the hell of it just to punish the woman. That in my definition is a coward. If he can walk away a simple slap (that probably didn't hurt that much in the first place) and instead proceeds to striking back with a punch then he deserves to get labeled all sorts of names.... that's a wife-beater alright.
The following case has generated a great deal of discussion locally>>>
Felony charges for Cracker Barrel assault suspect *| ajc.com

A woman and her daughter were entering a Cracker Barrel as a man was leaving. Words were exchanged, she is said to have spit in his face and then he hit her.

It seems that the woman has had similar difficulties with others.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:17 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,493 times
Quote:

Wow what a crazy, abusive b*tch. Sorry you had to go through that and congrats on getting out.

Quote:
...Rihanna and Chris, but only the two of them know exactly what happened. THere are always three sides to a story.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships