Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:30 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,682,798 times

Advertisements

Annulment is a religious based concept.

Basically, I believe that sex is like money; only money is more competitive due to its monopoly as legal tender for all debts, public and private; which makes the purchase of sex a much easier social transaction than not using money for free.

If a woman does not use money to "purchase" a relationship then she must be using sex because relationships are not "free".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,401,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
If a woman does not use money to "purchase" a relationship then she must be using sex because relationships are not "free".
Let me try to explain this in simple terms for you, since you seem to have trouble with people and emotions.

There is such a thing as people actually LIKING other people. They enjoy spending time together. They laugh. They talk about common interests. It's called 'friendship'. Sometimes in the midst of this 'friendship', feelings of familiarity and consideration turn into love and romance. The people involved then decide to be 'more than friends' and express their feelings physically instead of verbally.

Relationships and sex are not commodities that can be exchanged. They are interactions.

I can't believe I'm explaining this LOL!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,906,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post

Just make money. Girls love guys with money and power. Don't waste time on this forum. If you're spending 10 hours per week thinking about girls, trying to get girls, and etc; that's 10 hours you could be using to make money or get a better education. Once you get 30 or 35 and are making 100K+ then you're gold. Become some kind of manager or executive. If you don't have money, then you can get girls if you have the looks (90% genetic, working out is neccessary but not enough) or if you have extremely good charisma (probably too late to develop if you're already 20 or so). Were you a bully when you were a kid? If not, then you probably don't have what it takes to get girls at bars. Were you some kind of captain or leader in a club? If not then you don't have a charisma. The easiest thing to do is probably money. I guess you can join toastmasters to develop public speaking skills but that doesn't teach you how to go up to a girl and get her number.
whatever you do, DO NOT listen to this guy, he has no idea what he's talking about. i'm 27 now and got past the 100K/yr barrier back when i was 25; let me tell you that it made not one ounce of difference to the number or quality of women i was getting. no woman has ever asked me how much i make, or where i got my jeans or shirt from - if she did base her decision to go out with me on that, i wouldn't want her anyway. as long as you have a job and a good head on your shoulders, that will be good enough for 95% of women out there.

sure, girls love guys with money and power, but spend some time actually observing people in bars, clubs and in crowded places, and i guarantee you that you'll see just as many smokin hot girls with completely average and broke guys as you'll see girls with rich+powerful guys. i have guy friends that are not rich in the remotest sense of the word who regularly get hot women, and i also have some really attractive female friends who go for completely regular guys. there really is no 'secret sauce' to it, and like it or not, luck does play a big part. putting yourself out there more will definitely improve your odds, tho. the thing that i've found to play the most important role is having a solid network of friends who can introduce you to attractive women. that seems to be the case most of the time from what i've observed.

also, don't waste your entire youth toiling away in front of a computer. balance is important in life but you'll have the rest of your life to slave away in an office; your youth will only last a small fraction of your life. and as much as we guys like to delude ourselves into thinking that we never get old, the fact is, age catches up with everyone, sooner or later. for the most part only the shallowest young girls go for the old rich guys (there are SOME exceptions, but i'd say this is at least 95% the case), most of the cool young girls that actually have some personality tend to prefer guys that are closer in age to themselves (5 - 7 yrs older is OK but most will start to have doubts beyond that much of a difference).

and no, you don't have to have been a bully back in school. it just takes practice. rejection hurts, but what choice do you have? i for one would much rather strike out with a smokin' hot girl than just settle for the first one that smiles at me. and you know what? it actually works (not as often as i'd like it to, but still ). i hate goin home at the end of the night regretting not having approached that cute girl at the bar or club, so i never let that fear get me down or hold me back. and yes i've been turned down in horribly rude ways, but i just get right back up. as guys it's what we're expected to do.

good luck, and bang on.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,682,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Let me try to explain this in simple terms for you, since you seem to have trouble with people and emotions.

There is such a thing as people actually LIKING other people. They enjoy spending time together. They laugh. They talk about common interests. It's called 'friendship'. Sometimes in the midst of this 'friendship', feelings of familiarity and consideration turn into love and romance. The people involved then decide to be 'more than friends' and express their feelings physically instead of verbally.

Relationships and sex are not commodities that can be exchanged. They are interactions.

I can't believe I'm explaining this LOL!
Sex for money is also a social transaction. You may be explaining your view due to a modern divorce rate.

Would women have the same reactions and responses from men; if the men knew there would be no sex involved (consider at this point, that even evolutionary biology may have some influence).

Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,575,507 times
Well, Samston, maybe it's because you don't have friends who are girls?

You should meet "Why everyone has a boyfriend but me?" I'm sure you two would be a very cute couple.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,575,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I wish that were the truth

Women like agresive Men unless youre good looking enough for them to approach you..

I dont agree with the facial thing either..A women might date a guy in worse shape then her becasue it makes her look better in contest..

Hhhmm, from someone who is too shy and insecure of actually approaching women, you got a sound theory. And yes, that above you've qouted is the truth. I bet there were some women who thought you were cute but your self-loathing behind walked right past them!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM

523 posts, read 3,808,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
If I was rude to you, it's because you said nobody wanted to care about a thread I posted. I consider that an affront and presumptuous. Why then should be accommodating? A healthy appraisal of human interaction shows my reaction to you is fully justified.
you completely miss the point, samston - this thread is about you, not me. and my post was about why you don't have a girlfriend.

you may not care for my opinion, but i offer it anyway. you are a highly peculiar (i choose this word carefully, and im being about as generous as i can be) individual, and in a free market, unless you have positive attributes that outweigh this, i don't see why any woman would choose you over other potential partners (and remember, biology dictates that the dating game is competitive).

im not saying that you'll never get a girlfriend, but your behavioural and personality "quirks" probably go an awful long way to explain why you currently dont, and why apparently you have always found it hard.

as others have said, try to cultivate some interests. get off the computer. get out more. develop a social life of any sort. practice friendly interactions with both sexes. develop a sense of humour.

if you are confident, interesting and funny, then the battle is more than half won.

currently you are none of those, and even more concerning, you give off a kind of affect on here, which, if replicated in real life, would spook the hell out of most people, of both sexes.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:54 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,395,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
you completely miss the point, samston - this thread is about you, not me. and my post was about why you don't have a girlfriend.

you may not care for my opinion, but i offer it anyway. you are a highly peculiar (i choose this word carefully, and im being about as generous as i can be) individual, and in a free market, unless you have positive attributes that outweigh this, i don't see why any woman would choose you over other potential partners (and remember, biology dictates that the dating game is competitive).

im not saying that you'll never get a girlfriend, but your behavioural and personality "quirks" probably go an awful long way to explain why you currently dont, and why apparently you have always found it hard.

as others have said, try to cultivate some interests. get off the computer. get out more. develop a social life of any sort. practice friendly interactions with both sexes. develop a sense of humour.

if you are confident, interesting and funny, then the battle is more than half won.

currently you are none of those, and even more concerning, you give off a kind of affect on here, which, if replicated in real life, would spook the hell out of most people, of both sexes.
I was rude to you since you deserved it. And everybody does have normal knowledge, so why not me? Stating pseudo-fatalistic nonsense doesn't fly. Moreover, you don't know me in real life, so you have no basis on which to judge.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
You said that you look down on people on one of my threads. I find that very unattractive whether it be for dating or for friendships.
Western society is judgemental. that is no new news. Besides, people aren't always kind to me, but I have the confidence to override it. It's not true to say that everybody is always kind/respectful.

Quote:
also, don't waste your entire youth toiling away in front of a computer. balance is important in life but you'll have the rest of your life to slave away in an office; your youth will only last a small fraction of your life. and as much as we guys like to delude ourselves into thinking that we never get old, the fact is, age catches up with everyone, sooner or later. for the most part only the shallowest young girls go for the old rich guys (there are SOME exceptions, but i'd say this is at least 95% the case), most of the cool young girls that actually have some personality tend to prefer guys that are closer in age to themselves (5 - 7 yrs older is OK but most will start to have doubts beyond that much of a difference).

and no, you don't have to have been a bully back in school. it just takes practice. rejection hurts, but what choice do you have? i for one would much rather strike out with a smokin' hot girl than just settle for the first one that smiles at me. and you know what? it actually works (not as often as i'd like it to, but still ). i hate goin home at the end of the night regretting not having approached that cute girl at the bar or club, so i never let that fear get me down or hold me back. and yes i've been turned down in horribly rude ways, but i just get right back up. as guys it's what we're expected to do.

good luck, and bang on.
I've never bullied anybody. Have you?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Well, Samston, maybe it's because you don't have friends who are girls?
I find younger women are difficult to befriend. they're too shallow and a bit self-important. Most women I get on with are older, perhaps 35 and older. That is my ideal dating range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships