Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 08:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Really? Just now? When it rains, it pours, eh?
Yeah, just now. I almost expect my ex-husband to call tonight, even though he chose not to speak with me anymore about a year ago after finding out he no longer has a spell on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I think, unfortunately, this is becoming more and more acceptable. My last job included a wonderful young lady who regularly sent out agency-wide emails with information on meetings, etc., that included:

"B in room 123 @ 3pm"

"Thx"

"Reports rcvd they R in UR boxes"

Her punctuation was practically non-existant and her use of text-speak was atrocious. I never understood why management never called her out.
At work that's totally atrocious IMO!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
I think I've developed CDADD.

Everyone's asleep, I'm bored and yet I can't seem to get through reading any long post or thread bigger than 2 pages. I'm just jumping around, looking to contribute, bit I have nothing particularly interesting or worthwhile to post.

On the bright side, did I say everyone's asleep. It's so nice & quiet.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I think I've developed CDADD.

Everyone's asleep, I'm bored and yet I can't seem to get through reading any long post or thread bigger than 2 pages. I'm just jumping around, looking to contribute, bit I have nothing particularly interesting or worthwhile to post.

On the bright side, did I say everyone's asleep. It's so nice & quiet.
2 pages... you're doing good a couple 3 long paragraphs, and I glaze over.....

Old 12-03-2010, 10:14 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
2 pages... you're doing good a couple 3 long paragraphs, and I glaze over.....
Are you sure that glazed over look is from reading the thread?

Old 12-03-2010, 10:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Are you sure that glazed over look is from reading the thread?
Threads?

I'm at one word sentences

Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Threads?

I'm at one word sentences
LOL

Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There was really nothing wrong with that thread or my post... I could see it moved somewhere, but I've no idea why it'd be closed.

Take it easy, dear! We can't be in the box ALL of the time!

On a different note, I really don't know what other women do with youngsters. Last weekend I gave my number to a youngster against my better judgment (for various reasons). I guess I did it because he was kind of a good-looking and exotic to me and I rarely find men of a different race attractive, so I figured that maybe I should expand my horizons, perhaps check out urban legends, etc. I suppose youngsters are used to flakes because he jokingly called the number while I was with him to make sure it's not fake. Then he asked me if I'd pick it up if he calls me. I said I would as long as it doesn't show up as blocked and he again jokingly/seriously asked me to save it with his name. While doing that and looking for the letters, I made sure to tell him I'm not a texter just in case he didn't notice that himself!

The following day we had a not quite pleasant interaction as we met during a business transaction, I hate that store, didn't hide my feelings about it, it looked to me as if he took it personally, and I thought he had enough of me, so I didn't expect him to call at all. Soooo, what happens today? Youngster TEXTS at 6:30 p.m. on a Friday to ask how I'm doing! Even spelled "good" as "gud," but that's another can of worms... To make the long story short, the question is: are all youngsters clueless, or do they expect women in general to do their work, or do they perhaps expect women older than they are to chase them as if they're special just because they happen to be younger?! Did I specifically said I wasn't a texter?! Oh, yeah! WTF then?! I had sort of started warming up to the youngster idea, but the few recent interactions are cooling me down again...
Sorry I can't relate. Usually when I meet someone, they know I don't carry around a cellphone, so there's no worries about weather or not he will be texting or calling all the time. I'm the one who usually calls them, but I often (too often) don't.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:54 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Neemy, I think I love that little animated guy more than the puppy!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I just downloaded the "explicit" version. Enrique Iglesias singing "Tonight I'm f**king you".... ?? I'm not a fan of autotune, but the good boy gone bad idea? HOT!!!!!

I think I am going to um... listen to the song again...
Is it that much different from the other version? I mean, other than the obvious F-word?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
*looks Heavenward*

You give them eyes, yet they shall not see...
Ha, I didn't notice last night God had spoken!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships