Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You know what really pisses me off, the explosion happened right before May 1st Labor day holiday and instead off warning people to stay inside to avoid radiation, everyone went outside for the parade!!! I still find this sickening.
I remember exactly when it happened. And everybody was happily eating fresh spring salads and all...

Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,400,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I remember exactly when it happened. And everybody was happily eating fresh spring salads and all...

I know. I wonder if it contributed to my mom's cancer in some way. You know, when I got pregnant, I was on my knees praying for my baby to be normal. The aftermath of the explosion is so tragic. I have seen babies being born completely abnormal, like with 12 toes or something even worse, like terrible mental issues.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I wonder if it contributed to my mom's cancer in some way.
It probably has... particularly since you were that close...

Quote:
You know, when I got pregnant, I was on my knees praying for my baby to be normal. The aftermath of the explosion is so tragic. I have seen babies being born completely abnormal, like with 12 toes or something even worse, like terrible mental issues.
I can imagine... Glad you had a healthy child!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,821,877 times
I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm not in a hospital! I have an appointment tomorrow at 9 am. Just been kinda doped up on painkillers and not online much.

The swelling on the top of my left foot has gone down, but the side has a goose-egg on it (the pic that looks like a knee). The other side, the inside of my ankle is bruised. I am able to put some weight on it, now, but not for long or I start seeing stars. Had to sit down in the shower, today, when I was trying to wash my other leg. My other ankle, which I use for support, is wrapped in an ace bandage to keep it stable, since it's sore (twisted and bruised, but nothing major). I have the abrasions clean and have been putting antibiotic stuff on it. I also have new bruises on my right arm, and a sore shoulder, and my right thigh, just above the knee that got banged up.

My mother also had a slip on the ice last night after coming home from Shenanigans. She spun out on the way out, and turned around to come home, stepped out of the SUV (it's an Explorer, so quite a step down, and she's only 5'3) and stepped right onto a patch of ice, slipped and hit her coccyx. She's feeling pretty sore, herself, today.

Feeling a little loopy, but am otherwise okay. Sorry to worry everyone!!!

Edit... sorry to interrupt, too. Still catching up... :-/

Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It probably has... particularly since you were that close...

I can imagine... Glad you had a healthy child!

Thanks...
Well, enough with gloomy topics, I need some humor tonight.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm not in a hospital! I have an appointment tomorrow at 9 am. Just been kinda doped up on painkillers and not online much.

The swelling on the top of my left foot has gone down, but the side has a goose-egg on it (the pic that looks like a knee). The other side, the inside of my ankle is bruised. I am able to put some weight on it, now, but not for long or I start seeing stars. Had to sit down in the shower, today, when I was trying to wash my other leg. My other ankle, which I use for support, is wrapped in an ace bandage to keep it stable, since it's sore (twisted and bruised, but nothing major). I have the abrasions clean and have been putting antibiotic stuff on it. I also have new bruises on my right arm, and a sore shoulder, and my right thigh, just above the knee that got banged up.

My mother also had a slip on the ice last night after coming home from Shenanigans. She spun out on the way out, and turned around to come home, stepped out of the SUV (it's an Explorer, so quite a step down, and she's only 5'3) and stepped right onto a patch of ice, slipped and hit her coccyx. She's feeling pretty sore, herself, today.

Oh boy, when it rains, it pours!!!!
Well, keep us posted poor thing...

Old 12-16-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Yey, glad to hear you're not in a hospital, Neemy!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,454,254 times
Quote:

Girl, you better get that bad juju out of your house, now!

Anyway, feel better soon Neemy.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:12 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,310,797 times
Quote:
Glad to see you back on here, Neemy.

Stick around and we'll help distract you.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,821,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Girl, you better get that bad juju out of your house, now!

Anyway, feel better soon Neemy.
Right now it's 60 degrees out, so at least the ice is not a risk factor. I do run with scissors, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships