Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I wish I could find a pair of thigh highs that worked for me. I have rather, ahem, healthy thighs ...and every pair I try feels like a rubber band.
Same here. I just don't know how other women wear them. I don't think they can really work no matter how skinny you are...

Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I made chocolate crinkle cookies yesterday and am baking gingersnaps today. I also have to wrap a bunch of stuff and ship some boxes. Pick up my daughter from school at 12:15 and take her to get an ambulatory EEG, as she has been having blackouts and we're trying to figure out why. Doctor's appointment for the other daughter at 4 to get a shot.

If you see me here later, tell me to leave, OK? I have things to do!
Let us know how it works out, do you have any clue as to why there is?

And first you teased us with the cake and now cookies. Sharing is caring!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:24 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I made chocolate crinkle cookies yesterday and am baking gingersnaps today. I also have to wrap a bunch of stuff and ship some boxes. Pick up my daughter from school at 12:15 and take her to get an ambulatory EEG, as she has been having blackouts and we're trying to figure out why. Doctor's appointment for the other daughter at 4 to get a shot.

If you see me here later, tell me to leave, OK? I have things to do!
Hope you get to the bottom of it and it all turns out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I wish I could find a pair of thigh highs that worked for me. I have rather, ahem, healthy thighs ...and every pair I try feels like a rubber band. I usually just go barelegged...and I always forget the heels. God I am SUCH a poor vamp! The lingerie never stays on that long so I guess I've gotten a bit lackadaisy about it. I will try to do better!
Yeah, I have to dust off those vamp skills too.

The last pair of thigh-highs I owned were Wolford and I didn't seem to have any problems with the fit, so I'm going to stick to the same brand. Worst case scenario, I'll get the ones without the band and add a garter belt. That's provided the babysitter ever calls me back .

Old 12-17-2010, 08:33 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
...Worst case scenario, I'll get the ones without the band and add a garter belt...
If that's the worst case, I think the best case would give out heart attacks.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:19 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
If that's the worst case, I think the best case would give out heart attacks.

He's still alive, so I must be doing it wrong?

Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Same here. I just don't know how other women wear them. I don't think they can really work no matter how skinny you are...
I've worn them for years without a problem and if you run one you don't have to throw out the whole pair, just the one.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I've worn them for years without a problem and if you run one you don't have to throw out the whole pair, just the one.
It's probably a matter of getting used to them. I'm not usually fem fatale and somehow have gotten through life wearing mostly pants. I did switch to thongs at ripe ol' age, though (now that they're supposedly not fashionable I hear)! I normally do those things as soon as something is going out of fashion. At first I find it hard to accept. For the longest time I thought boot cut jeans wouldn't look flattering on me. Now that I love them, the skinny legs are trendy. I've never been one to follow fashion blindly, though.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post

He's still alive, so I must be doing it wrong?
LOL - I was thinking of a surprise in another set of drawers, but C'est la Vie...

Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I've never been one to follow fashion blindly, though.
Granted you're not up there with Lady Gaga, but you'll do.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:10 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
It's probably a matter of getting used to them. I'm not usually fem fatale and somehow have gotten through life wearing mostly pants. I did switch to thongs at ripe ol' age, though (now that they're supposedly not fashionable I hear)! I normally do those things as soon as something is going out of fashion. At first I find it hard to accept. For the longest time I thought boot cut jeans wouldn't look flattering on me. Now that I love them, the skinny legs are trendy. I've never been one to follow fashion blindly, though.
I am the say way Sierra! I love boot cut jeans. I don't think I can ever go back to skinny jeans though.....that will have to stay in the past (80's) along with the ballerina shoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships