Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my boyfriend and I were out shopping and I spotted a couple sitting on a bench in the shopping mall. The girl was crying and saying things to the boy, and the boy was just shaking his head. I told my boyfriend of my observation and he said something like “you girls and your drama, we hate it!”

I told him relationships come with drama and that’s when he said “there is no drama, women create drama.”

I said that was a load of garbage and that if there is something on our mind we need to talk about it, we need to tell you our feelings and he said “we don’t WANT to talk about feelings!”. I asked if we were just expected to hold it all in but he didn’t respond, he was already distracted looking at something in the shopping mall.

The weird thing is, if we break up with our boyfriends telling them of the horrible things they’d said or done to us to hurt our feelings, they often say “why didn’t you tell me?!”. I don’t know WHAT we’re expected to do!

Do you believe this is the case? If the world was entirely male populated (impossible I know, but hypothetically speaking), would relationships be drama-free?

N.B. I am NOT looking for relationship advice I am just wanting to know your thoughts on this statement from both the male and female perspectives.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Sorry, but I dated a guy who was such a drama queen he came to the hospital while I was in it having a hissy fit with me and I sent him packing while I was laying there passing a kidney stone. I couldn't take it anymore.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:46 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
I couldn't date your boyfriend, no way, no how.

It depends on people's personalities. It's not based on gender. It comes from genetics, childhood, what people put in their bodies, what goes on in their brains.

If your boyfriend thinks everything upsetting in life comes down to the pat answer,"...women create drama," I couldn't stand that myself. Phew.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:48 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
I don't know. All that I do know is that a woman told me a year ago that women can be very cruel, moreso than men. And it appears to be true. Sometimes talking about things isn't really productive and it's during those moments that the cruelty can present itself in the name of "telling you our feelings".

I don't subscribe to the notion that "women create drama", but they sure do know how to inflame it bc of the need to "tell you our feelings". Somethings don't need to be said.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:58 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
What a funny topic! VaNiLla...what do YOU think? Do you think women create drama?
I think this sounds childish. I think a grown, mature couple would not create such drama, although, it is possible. (shrugs)
I think if you have a problem, you talk it out. Drama? Not necessarilly.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
What a funny topic! VaNiLla...what do YOU think? Do you think women create drama?
No way, I disagree with him completely. I think couples should be able to talk about anything without it being considered drama. Communication is the key as they say!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Sometimes talking about things isn't really productive and it's during those moments that the cruelty can present itself in the name of "telling you our feelings".
Not if you know the difference between communication and downright nastiness I would think?

Old 11-28-2010, 03:14 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
[FONT=Verdana]The weird thing is, if we break up with our boyfriends telling them of the horrible things they’d said or done to us to hurt our feelings, they often say “why didn’t you tell me?!”. I don’t know WHAT we’re expected to do! [/FONT]
We're expected to date men, not boys in men's bodies, like your boyfriend, who is the very KING of drama.

It's discouraging to see a post like this from you, because it indicates that you think your boyfriend is typical of his sex and you're actually taking the idiotic things he says seriously. Sorry, lovie, but this has to be said: Your boyfriend is a lousy excuse for a man. He is not typical of his sex by a long shot.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it is what it is. You really don't know what you're missing. I hope one day you snap out of your complacency and join those of us in the world of good relationships with good men. I'm saving you a seat.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
We're expected to date men, not boys in men's bodies, like your boyfriend, who is the very KING of drama.

It's discouraging to see a post like this from you, because it indicates that you think your boyfriend is typical of his sex and you're actually taking the idiotic things he says seriously. Sorry, lovie, but this has to be said: Your boyfriend is a lousy excuse for a man. He is not typical of his sex by a long shot.

I know you don't want to hear it, but it is what it is. You really don't know what you're missing. I hope one day you snap out of your complacency and join those of us in the world of good relationships with good men. I'm saving you a seat.
Can I get an AMEN up in here!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:19 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
No, it is not gender specific. Drama is not something I can handle, and I am a woman. Personally, I would leave rather than have silly arguments over unimportant things. Also, I am not giving YOU relationship advice. I am just saying what I would do if drama was present in my relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships