Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Only very stupid American men truly believe dating someone from overseas is any better. Many foreign cultures appear nicer but scratch the surface and you'll find people are people.

The real issue here is that some men just can't get a nice woman because they themselves are substandard.
Actually only very ignorant Americans think they are the same, meaning they have never been overseas. That's kind of the issue isn't it? Some people like appearances including hypocritical, popcorn bucket munching Americans who plopped down box office records to see the Navi of Pandora, the compete opposite of themselves.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:17 AM

55 posts, read 49,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Yes, men are flakes too.

But the sad fact for all of us who've been flaked on is this: if a person flakes on you, they view you as a B list date. You are someone they will go out with if nothing better comes along. The larger city you live in, the higher the likelihood that someone better will come along and trump you.

If you are being flaked on a LOT, it means you aren't as desirable as you think and need to stop trying to date out of your league. Everyone you are trying date views you as B list: you are good enough if they don't have other plans, ok to sex up a bit too, but that's it. This is a sucky truth to face - I had to face too - but things aren't going to get any better unless you face the facts.

Have to admit: This idea of being a B-List date is SPOT ON. Sounds shallow, but its the hard truth. A lot of us tend to think too much of ourselves. With online dating, there's a PLETHORA of people to choose from and while you may think you're the cat's meow, chances are they see you as leftovers - Keep it in the refrigerator in case you're hungry.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
To the guys who find American dating hard.....go overseas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Not quite, it depends on where you go.

Japan, Brazil, China, Phillipines and other parts of latin America.
Let me get this straight. You fellas that complain about dating, complain about having to take initiative and pay for dates, and promote dating abroad cant/wont pay for dinner and a movie in the US, but you can afford to take time off work and afford to fly/pay for hotel/taxi or car rental to go to Japan, Brazil, China, etc. to find a date? But your still single and not dating?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Let me get this straight. You fellas that complain about dating, complain about having to take initiative and pay for dates, and promote dating abroad cant/wont pay for dinner and a movie in the US, but you can afford to take time off work and afford to fly/pay for hotel/taxi or car rental to go to Japan, Brazil, China, etc. to find a date? But your still single and not dating?
Its confusing and many of these posters refuse to acknowledge the real problem in most cases. In most cases the real problem is them and the women they are going after. A hot women in any nation will have hundreds of suitors and most of these suitors are good looking, have good paying jobs, rich, have depth. So why should she consider you? Its the same around the world.

Also if you want a women to be nice. Than look for a nice women. I know that is what they are looking for. A women who is a 10 and is nice. There are those around the world but because most women in the states are not as good looking as those in Europe or Asia or Latin America because they don't walk as much and eat a lot. On top of that they are spoiled and spend much time watching television so conversation of deep things will be boring with them. They figure going to these continents will make things easier. It won't. The best you can get will be a prostitute but don't tell them that

Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Its confusing and many of these posters refuse to acknowledge the real problem in most cases. In most cases the real problem is them and the women they are going after. A hot women in any nation will have hundreds of suitors and most of these suitors are good looking, have good paying jobs, rich, have depth. So why should she consider you? Its the same around the world.

Also if you want a women to be nice. Than look for a nice women. I know that is what they are looking for. A women who is a 10 and is nice. There are those around the world but because most women in the states are not as good looking as those in Europe or Asia or Latin America because they don't walk as much and eat a lot. On top of that they are spoiled and spend much time watching television so conversation of deep things will be boring with them. They figure going to these continents will make things easier. It won't. The best you can get will be a prostitute but don't tell them that
Yes, Im assuming there are plenty of men in latin countries that dates wouldnt need to be imported. Especially China. Isnt the ratio of men to women 2+:1.

One could say the same about American men (eating too much and not exercising, spoiled and watch T.V. and play video games).

Im wondering how these average American men afford trips around the world just to date (yet they venomously protest at paying for a salad on a date with an American woman).
If one travels via work, how do you find the time and how do you find a legit. date(s). Are young hot women just hanging around hotel lobbies and bars desperate to pay for a date with an American man.

If that is the case I would think dating outside of America is even worse.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
I am so glad this thread got bumped to the top of the list again. I'm a huge fan of it. It's premise is priceless... in the near future, Americans will become too fat to date... lololol. Fatties date too.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Absolutely. I hated "dating". Dinner and a movie was the last thing I was interested in. Unless you are just interested in the hookup, it was much better. Rather than plan yet another lame activity like dinner and a movie, or mixing it up with indoor rock climbing, I went to the castle district in Budapest, mountain hiking in Switzerland, a ballet in Russia, snorkeling in Kauai, and wine country in Oregon. I also have met people from all over the world as a result. I am happy with everything but the weekend dating circuit. It was at a lovely distance until marriage where again, I did not have to look forward to the cracker jack prize of the week. What I did was what I regard as a blast.

That is not to mention the quality I can find outside of hometown fried chicken. If its the same everywhere, how about a romance in Afghanistan? In some places, its simply better, and that certainly goes for both sexes.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
Quote:
Yes, Im assuming there are plenty of men in latin countries that dates wouldnt need to be imported. Especially China. Isnt the ratio of men to women 2+:1.

One could say the same about American men (eating too much and not exercising, spoiled and watch T.V. and play video games).

Im wondering how these average American men afford trips around the world just to date (yet they venomously protest at paying for a salad on a date with an American woman).
If one travels via work, how do you find the time and how do you find a legit. date(s). Are young hot women just hanging around hotel lobbies and bars desperate to pay for a date with an American man.

Well its happen many many times where you see a good looking women with an average guy. Don't believe that a good looking women will ever date ugly. She won't. But average you still have a chance with her. So these guys assume because they are average it gives them a higher chance of success. And it has happened to me. BUT I have to say I met this German guy in a hostel who talked like a lot of guys on the internet. On how women back home were terrible, etc, and I saw the women he was with in Lithuania and man she was ugly. You couldn't pay me to be with her. But he was all like she is so hot and everything. The German guy wasn't too ugly but his personality was. That's the problem there are many of these posters here who have ugly personalities and it shows through their posts. So they assume because a women is desperate to be with a guy; she will treat him like a God. And most do just that. However, these women are not top of the crop for their respective countries. They are average or below average. But these guys want a women to serve them, ie be their slave.

What these men do not understand is that the women are very deceptive. Its crazy how intentional they blind themselves to the truth. But whatever, it is their life.

When it comes to business travels. Most hotels in Eastern Europe, Asia, I don't know about Latin America, have hookers in the bars for the business men. Or they are in areas where finding a prostitute wouldn't be a hard thing to do. You know most hotels hire these women for servicing these men. They take their share or look the other direction. In nations like Ukraine, Baltics, Russia there are so many hookers. Its nice if you are into it. But bad if you are not.

For me, I do not know why. But many(3) HOT women wanted to talk with me. Paid for my drinks, etc. They were smart and into history and hot. So it all evened out. Because it is important for a women to be into the same things as I am. But often the case in the states the women is ugly or is she not ugly. She is with someone.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I am so glad this thread got bumped to the top of the list again. I'm a huge fan of it. It's premise is priceless... in the near future, Americans will become too fat to date... lololol. Fatties date too.

You missed the premise. Men will negotiate with their other qualities much more so than will the women since it is a biological consequence that men are more interested in looks. If both sexes look bad, it will tend to fall harder on male satisfaction. Its pretty simple logic.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Its no different than any other on-line dating experience except that you don't need to worry about what to do every Friday and Saturday night. Yes, you need money, a passport, and possibly the ability to speak basic foreign languages. Good way for women to find men who are not dead beats too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships