Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 AM

339 posts, read 837,208 times

Advertisements

I read an article recently that was depressing. Basically it said that as the population continues to get fatter, the attractiveness of the dating pool will decrease . The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door. One of the main consequences of this will be even more flaking by attractive women. Even today flaking is an epidemic. Over the past 6 months i've been going out a lot. Even if I make out with a girl and she gives me her number I still had a high flake rate.

Flaking is basically when a girl (or guy) goes ghost after the initial contact. From Urban dictonary: to be unreliable, and/or absent-minded, flighty, fickle. Generally unresponsible. A person who uses inaccurate excuses to mask thier non appearance to events, person who says one thing but does another.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ladies, do guys flake on you? Do you find this a problem as well?

Its crazy out there for the single men. There's a lot of competition out there especially with the rise of online dating. For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 guys trying to get her.

But on a positive note: Staying in shape should pay HUGE dividends in the future. With the increase in in obesity a fit body will be highly sought after.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I read an article recently that was depressing. Basically it said that as the population continues to get fatter, the attractiveness of the dating pool will decrease . The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door. One of the main consequences of this will be even more flaking by attractive women. Even today flaking is an epidemic. Over the past 6 months i've been going out a lot. Even if I make out with a girl and she gives me her number I still had a high flake rate.

Flaking is basically when a girl (or guy) goes ghost after the initial contact. From Urban dictonary: to be unreliable, and/or absent-minded, flighty, fickle. Generally unresponsible. A person who uses inaccurate excuses to mask thier non appearance to events, person who says one thing but does another.

Its crazy out there for the single men. There's a lot of competition out there especially with the rise of online dating. For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 guys trying to get her.

But on a positive note: Staying in shape should pay HUGE dividends in the future. With the increase in in obesity a fit body will be highly sought after.
I don't think there's any proof that there's a link between a woman's attractiveness and her tendency to flake or not. I think that YOU are having issues with women flaking and are projecting your problem onto a completely different topic.

There's a lot of information you can find on the Internet about why women flake. This article (http://www.winggirlmethod.com/5393/inner-game/why-do-women-flake-on-plans/ - broken link) is actually written by a woman and does a great job of explaining the phenomenon and how to respond if a woman flakes on you. I hope it helps you.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,641,494 times
also there have been GREAT strides in controlling Obesity, I am a example of that!

Jonathan

Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door.
Ha-ha, it seems like things will start looking up more and more for some of us late in life. As if the "older woman" obsession wasn't enough!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM

339 posts, read 837,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post

There's a lot of information you can find on the Internet about why women flake. This article (http://www.winggirlmethod.com/5393/inner-game/why-do-women-flake-on-plans/ - broken link) is actually written by a woman and does a great job of explaining the phenomenon and how to respond if a woman flakes on you. I hope it helps you.
That was a great article. And I know there are many other reasons why women flake. Some reasons she didn't even cover. The decline in attractive females is just one of these reasons. Thanks for the read tho!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Basically it said that as the population continues to get fatter, the attractiveness of the dating pool will decrease . The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door. One of the main consequences of this will be even more flaking by attractive women.
Is your assumption that only women in America are obese? No? Do you believe these few remaining skinny girls will be attracted to obese men?

Maybe this will be the answer to overpopulation, unwanted pregnancies, abortion, the child support system and divorce.

I think "flaking" is nothing new and has nothing to do with attractivness or weight. After an initial date you find your not really attractive to this person or you have nothing in common, so instead of being brutally honest you make excuses for not seeing them again.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:

Yes, men are flakes too.

But the sad fact for all of us who've been flaked on is this: if a person flakes on you, they view you as a B list date. You are someone they will go out with if nothing better comes along. The larger city you live in, the higher the likelihood that someone better will come along and trump you.

If you are being flaked on a LOT, it means you aren't as desirable as you think and need to stop trying to date out of your league. Everyone you are trying date views you as B list: you are good enough if they don't have other plans, ok to sex up a bit too, but that's it. This is a sucky truth to face - I had to face too - but things aren't going to get any better unless you face the facts.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:47 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
I think it's the same for men and for women. Both genders have flakes.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Oh, men flake too, esp if they're younger which is part of why the cougar thing doesn't interest me.

Speaking of which, all those overweight young ladies may explain why younger men are gravitating towards older women, or at least those older women who don't have as much of a weight problem. I went out with a group of 30 somethings the other night--1 man and about 4 women, all around 20 years younger than me. I was the thinnest female in the group by at least 40 lbs and I could stand to lose 20 lbs. The man didn't have a weight problem at all and he keeps asking me out. I'm hoping he's older than he looks but he can't be over 35 so I'm holding off on that.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:07 PM

153 posts, read 273,606 times
Yea, it's an epidemic. I eat healthy, workout daily, and stay in shape. I have tried to date women who have a few pounds on them. A few pounds, like 10 or so, I really do not mind. However, they continue to put on weight. This last girl I dated for months started out at 125, and by the end, was 140ish. I offered several times to workout with her, she said, her doc would not allow it. But, a sexual workout is okay.?? It is a shame when a woman (or man) let's themselves go. Then complain, they can't get a date.

I've had two girls flake out on me. One, I then dropped, she called me about a year later to see what's up. Since I was having trouble with my last gf, we had lunch. She must had gained 30 LBS. Me, since I saw her, went from 210 LBS to 176 LBS.

The other one, which was more recent, cancelled twice, then started to respond a day or two later from my texts. I just gave up. Shame too. We had a lot in common. But these damn holiday's screw time up to meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships