Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,257,499 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow is another day. Another day closer to your new life. You've come so far and handled things so much better than I could have. You are my hero!

I understand how someone new to this thread could misinterpret what it has come to be. That's okay. It's like the elephant. Those that have been here since the beginning see the whole elephant, while those who have come lately just see the trunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,014,147 times
Robyn, I spent a lot of time on another board at one point in my life. I learned a lot about my husband, our marriage, and mostly about myself. I didn't go about it quite the same way as you have, but thank God I found that public message board when I did. Those people saved my sanity at the time, and they were there for me when I was widowed. We are still close...we created a chosen family. Oh....there were fests. Some were attended by 70+ people. We came to know each other in real life. They are more wonderful IRL than they were on line. We had holidays together. Some of them came to visit two weekends ago. I enjoy their company. They are wise, intelligent, compassionate people. They also loved me enough to give me a well placed kick in the butt when I need it. They didn't demean me on a personal level. They addressed the situation, and that's what I needed. I couldn't ask for better friends.

It's been ten years since those days. Our lives have all changed, but we are still connected in a way that defies description. They have been a true blessing in my life. All from a few words on a screen.

Not everyone was sensitive to my personal time frame. We came up with a standard phrase....."Take what you need, and leave the rest."

Everyone goes through these things in a different way and a different time frame. Just as each person deals with grief in their own way. When I was at my lowest, those cyber ((hugs)) meant the world to me. Funny how I could actually feel them.

So, ((((Robyn)))) keep on going. You are doing well. Make sure you are safe. You will survive, and you will thrive....one baby step at a time.

btw, you are very welcome. I truly believe you need local support...emotionally and legally. ((('nother hug!)))

Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,791,800 times
Smile Rockky, you're the best

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rockky again."

Last edited by Macrina; 08-20-2007 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: spelling..

Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,014,147 times
Thank you, Macrina. I think collectively we are all the best.

Just like everyone, I had some very tough times over the last 15 or so years. I would like to think something positive might be gained from those experiences. Hopefully, I'm a stronger person for it and can offer some insight.

Here's another one of those bunches of words that has helped me. Good 'ole Eleanor Roosevelt wrote/spoke them:

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience which you really stop to look fear in the face.

You are able to say to yourself, "I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." You must do the thing which you think you cannot.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,645,835 times
You are able to say to yourself, "I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." You must do the thing which you think you cannot.[quote]

sunny

Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 PM

72,484 posts, read 18,232,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
No I have not read all the pages of your one-sided novel. I don't think you really live in fear of the man. You have flair for airing dirty laundry with poetic license. You seem to live for the drama. I hope while you're entertaining your friends here at City-data, you take time to tend to your children's well being.
Why don't you think she is not tending to the children? What proof do you have?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,445,643 times
Good morning! I have some respite from the toll of the day behind me. I woke up thinking of Grace.

I wonder of the difference of the fall from it, or the never having of it, which would be worse.

I then think of the regaining of it, and know that of the three, nothing could be better....Having the Grace of God is having everything. I woke up a few minutes ago feeling that, and I will hold onto that, knowing what all I have been through, what my kids have been through.

At this point, I have come so very far for the kids and myself, that for grace, I won't be brought down, but if for the fall from grace, maybe I would have.

I don't know, just something to think of. Yes, tomorrow is another day, it is actually today!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Rockky, you have said a few things in your posts that i really like...here is one of them...

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience which you really stop to look fear in the face.

You are able to say to yourself, "I've lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." You must do the thing which you think you cannot

I think it is very fitting, not only for myself, but for many of us here. I suppose if you have nt been there, done that, got the t shirt... you wouldn't know, or begin to understand it...

But, if you have, in an instant, when you see someones words, and you know what they are saying, that oh too familiar pain can jump out at you, and take you back, or remind you of your here and now. Whichever the case may be.

This too, shall pass...

Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 PM

and once again, i will say goodnight, I can feel my eyes tiring, the couch beckoningwheres mollie?

Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 PM

72,484 posts, read 18,232,585 times
It is very true.I have been through a lot in my lifetime.I have not been through a divorce,but have been through things that other people have not.And not that many people can understand.One thing after another,you try and try,and it seems like an evil force just stops you from going forward.I just keep on going.Now my life is better.I am not afraid of confrontations any more.With the strength and courage and the trust in God.thing will turn around.
My dear friend,robyn - you will succeed!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships