Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 07:59 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,489,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Once again, you've got it ALL wrong. You truly are your own worst enemy.
I actually agree with ChessieMom for once. You had something good TVSG. Why would you want to ruin it? And this is coming from someone young enough to be your son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Maybe there's nothing wrong with TVSG. Maybe he just has high standards so that's why he doesn't have much luck with dating.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but that's how you make it sound. You made it sound like his relationships end because she's not good enough for him.
That's really very funny. If you knew TVSG like we know TVSG - oh, oh, oh what a boy ...

Quote:
I actually agree with ChessieMom for once. You had something good TVSG. Why would you want to ruin it? And this is coming from someone young enough to be your son.
Oh my Lord, don't lay THAT on him. He turned 35 this year and was MOST affronted when I added the year on before his actual birthday and couldn't wait to correct the error. If he thinks someone young enough to be his son is offering advice he'll have an apoplectic hissy. (You ARE old enough to post on CD?)

Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
That's really very funny. If you knew TVSG like we know TVSG - oh, oh, oh what a boy ...

Oh my Lord, don't lay THAT on him. He turned 35 this year and was MOST affronted when I added the year on before his actual birthday and couldn't wait to correct the error. If he thinks someone young enough to be his son is offering advice he'll have an apoplectic hissy. (You ARE old enough to post on CD?)
I knew what the poster meant on that post. But I was just showing how someone might twist their words around and make it sound like there's something wrong with TVSG's partners.

I'm 19, so I'm old enough to post on city data. TVSG was born in 1975, so that would make him 15 or 16 when I was born, depending on when his birthday is.

Last edited by city_data91; 12-22-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,830,020 times
Quote:
TVSG was born in 1975, so that would make him 15 or 16 when I was born, depending on when his birthday is.
Biologically old enough to be your father but, well, let's leave it at that ....

Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,357,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
A girl who likes a guy will welcome his call almost anytime. Guaranteed. Unless of course, she has her own PURPOSE in mind. Where are you getting your "dating guide" from?. Your approach makes sense in a business office, but not in communication in the dating world....
He's certainly not using any advice from this forum. So it must be from a "how to drive them away" forum.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:30 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,357,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I called tonight and asked her how her day was and what her holiday plans were this week. I only talked for 10 mins because now that the 1st date has already happened, I don't need to chat it up on he phone anymore. My next call will be asking her out next week which will be tomorrow or Thursday
Ok, not a great move right there. You should have asked her out for next week right then and there. There's a good chance she'll think you're not all that interested.

The call after the first date is always the best opportunity for the guy to ask the girl out again.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 AM

My brother is in high school, and TVSG reminds me of one of his teachers. The teacher is 37 and he asks my brother and his friends for dating advice

Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
He's certainly not using any advice from this forum. So it must be from a "how to drive them away" forum.
I think TVSG is just interpreting the posts the way he wants to believe them. Like the post earlier about the partners failing to meet his requirements. TVSG will probably interpret that to mean there's something wrong with her, just because that's what he wants to believe.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You need a car.

You also should have asked her out when you talked to her today.
He lives in Philadelphia. You can get by without a car in Philadelphia. I get by without a car in Las Cruces. Maybe he can't afford a car. Not everyone can afford a car. I can't and I hate when people act like I'm crazy for not having a car.

If you think TVSG needs a car, why don't you pay for him to have a car

Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM

6,472 posts, read 9,856,546 times
Quote:
He lives in Philadelphia. You can get by without a car in Philadelphia. I get by without a car in Las Cruces. Maybe he can't afford a car. Not everyone can afford a car. I can't and I hate when people act like I'm crazy for not having a car.

If you think TVSG needs a car, why don't you pay for him to have a car

City_data91 I know you feel like you need to defend TVSG on here because some of the comments. Reading only 1 thread I would get that impression also. Please go look at some of the threads he has started and read through a few of them. They are all the same. he is given good advice, doesn't listen, and for whatever reason the girl doesn't meet his requirements.

The requirements are not what a normal person would impose on a future partner lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships