Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,303,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
but condoms are horrible
For who? Selfish men who would rather a woman get pregnant than sacrifice a few seconds of pleasure and put one on? Clueless men who would rather risk an STD? Equally clueless women who are too naive and self-conscious to get out a tube of lube if they have to?

Because from my perspective as a female, they feel no different and they're better than splash-down an hour later while you're out shopping in the mall or something.

Most women I know, including myself, wouldn't let a man near them without one. If what others have said about young women thinking the Pill is all that's necessary, that is truly frightening. In college not only was I on the Pill, I bought my own condoms so I knew exactly when they were bought and what condition they'd been stored in. I could not possibly have cared less what anyone thought about it, either. And honestly? The guys at my school were down with it. Bands at fraternity parties would throw condoms from the stage.

That was the mid-80s for you. There were no anti-retrovirals. If you got HIV back then, your days were numbered.

If you ever need incentive to use a condom, assume that every woman you are interested in being with is infected, not on the Pill, and ovulating until you can know for sure that she isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,592,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Be safe instead of sorry. You and your partner should have a complete STI screening. If you don't have insurance, there are clinics that will provide you with services either free on or a sliding scale.
Or just use this: Discount Online Blood Chemistry Tests & Results, Wellness & Anti Aging Direct Access Laboratory Testing

Old 01-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
For who? Selfish men who would rather a woman get pregnant than sacrifice a few seconds of pleasure and put one on? Clueless men who would rather risk an STD? Equally clueless women who are too naive and self-conscious to get out a tube of lube if they have to?

Because from my perspective as a female, they feel no different and they're better than splash-down an hour later while you're out shopping in the mall or something.

Most women I know, including myself, wouldn't let a man near them without one. If what others have said about young women thinking the Pill is all that's necessary, that is truly frightening. In college not only was I on the Pill, I bought my own condoms so I knew exactly when they were bought and what condition they'd been stored in. I could not possibly have cared less what anyone thought about it, either. And honestly? The guys at my school were down with it. Bands at fraternity parties would throw condoms from the stage.

If you ever need incentive to use one, assume that every woman you are with is infected, not on the Pill, and ovulating.

+1

Quote:
That was the mid-80s for you. There were no anti-retrovirals. If you got HIV back then, your days were numbered.
People died mostly from the medication back then. That AZT was lethal all in itself, the bottle even had cross bones and a scull on it.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
nothing is sexier then when you are about to get it on with a girl you stop her and ask her to pull out some paperwork saying shes been tested clean
Ideally, you should have talks about sex looooooong before anything even happens.

That's what's wrong with people today, everybody is so willing to jump in and out of the sack with each other. Well, at least for you vanilla club/bar hopping people; swingers actually take the time to do this and they screen out people so they have less STD infections then the general population as a result!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 PM

19,816 posts, read 20,425,468 times
Quote:
Do these men not know how to pull out?!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagnasty View Post
Well I am a female and my opinion is this: If you followed the bible instructions, you wouldn't be having sex until your married. And pick someone who also reads and abides by God's instructions and your pretty safe. Of course, in this day and age there aren't many of us who actually read and abide by that sexual law. But if people did, we wouldn't have so many problems with disease. And for those who don't care what God says, then use a condom. I don't think testing is reliable because you can test your mate one day and be ok, then if next week they have sex with someone else...what good is the test? The testing is not really the answer. As long as people are free with sex and don't care what God says, your going to have diseases. Now please don't send me your hate mail. This is my opinion and we all have a right to that.

lol. Good thing you said that because I was about to go off on your little biblical diatribe. I will say this, tell your god his A&&& is 2000 years too late and we would not even be in this mess if he would have showed up on time!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,702,656 times
Although common sense does dictate you do need to be careful, the std warnings are over the top in these forums. It seems to stem from the uber-religious most of the time. Probably irritates them that people are engaging in premarital sex as opposed to obeying some laws written by a bunch of dead guys who claim a higher power told them too. Back to STD's, it seems the STD problem is a bigger issue with teens. I can't confirm that, but I just remember a study or something claiming teens made up a very large portion of the STD population.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,341,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Although common sense does dictate you do need to be careful, the std warnings are over the top in these forums. It seems to stem from the uber-religious most of the time. Probably irritates them that people are engaging in premarital sex as opposed to obeying some laws written by a bunch of dead guys who claim a higher power told them too. Back to STD's, it seems the STD problem is a bigger issue with teens. I can't confirm that, but I just remember a study or something claiming teens made up a very large portion of the STD population.
There are lies, big lies, and statistics. Check this out!

The number of genital herpes cases seems to be steady, or slightly on the decline, but it is difficult to determine how accurate this STD statistic is since most infected people are unaware of their status.

Sooo, how DID you come up with that?!

2009 STD Statistics - STD Statistics from 2009

Obviously, there are certain groups of people and people with certain behavior who do have to worry somewhat about it...

Old 01-03-2011, 09:41 PM

130 posts, read 336,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I mean, STDs are a risk if you have unprotected sex. This is the reality. I don't know what is over the top about that. You can go out and have as much sex as you wish but just realize if you are having unprotected sex then there is always a risk.

Condoms are a way to easily reduce this risk significantly. If you choose not to use condoms then that is up to you. However, don't act surprised if one day you go to pee and it burns or there's a green discharge down there.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:45 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,702,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There are lies, big lies, and statistics. Check this out!

The number of genital herpes cases seems to be steady, or slightly on the decline, but it is difficult to determine how accurate this STD statistic is since most infected people are unaware of their status.

Sooo, how DID you come up with that?!

2009 STD Statistics - STD Statistics from 2009

Obviously, there are certain groups of people and people with certain behavior who do have to worry somewhat about it...
Hey, I said I remember a study, didn't state it as 100% fact I did know that std's were high amongst minorities, but I didn't want to say it. I was too lazy to google it too. I'm too busy storming around on my soapbox tonight. city-data is now blocked at work so I can't get my fix during the day. Thumbs down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships