Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM

471 posts, read 1,043,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
How do I know? Maybe because I studied anthropology! That's how I know. I also dated two Asian women and spent time in Japan and seen many of their customs. It's night and day to our society. I also missed the part where I mentioned "White women" I said "Western." Had you paid close attention, you would've noticed that. Nice try, but it won't stick!

Also, why do you feel the need to point out how good you are or mentioning how other people just don't get it? Does it really matter if an individual gets it or not? And if you feel the need to teach someone to get it then why are you being so condecsending about it? I mean, if you're such a good nice guy why do you write things that would indicate you as being anything but?

Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times
Quote:
How do I know? Maybe because I studied anthropology! That's how I know. I also dated two Asian women and spent time in Japan and seen many of their customs. It's night and day to our society. I also missed the part where I mentioned "White women" I said "Western." Had you paid close attention, you would've noticed that. Nice try, but it won't stick!
You really are pompous. You studied anthropology so therefore you are an expert on the subject. You dated two Asian women, spent "time" in Japan and therefore are an expert on their customs and culture too. And no mention was made by Seeniorita of "White women" so maybe you should pay better attention before leaping up on the soap box.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 PM

453 posts, read 458,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You really are pompous. You studied anthropology so therefore you are an expert on the subject. You dated two Asian women, spent "time" in Japan and therefore are an expert on their customs and culture too. And no mention was made by Seeniorita of "White women" so maybe you should pay better attention before leaping up on the soap box.
Or maybe you should take some Midol if you can't handle me speaking my mind and telling the truth. How does that sound? I don't have to explain or justify anything to anybody.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Also, why do you feel the need to point out how good you are or mentioning how other people just don't get it? Does it really matter if an individual gets it or not? And if you feel the need to teach someone to get it then why are you being so condecsending about it? I mean, if you're such a good nice guy why do you write things that would indicate you as being anything but?
That may be how you perceive it. Part of the reason is because I'm getting impatient. So far only one person on here has given me a straight answer while everyone else here either keeps giving me the runaround or tries painting me out to be the bad guy because they don't like my approach even after I sympathized with that one girl with the scars.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times
Quote:
Or maybe you should take some Midol if you can't handle me speaking my mind and telling the truth. How does that sound? I don't have to explain or justify anything to anybody.
How does that sound? Rather like the response of a two year old throwing a hissy fit. Trust me, sweetie, I'm WAY past the Midol days. And if you don't have to explain or justify anything then don't keep doing so. That simple.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,414,085 times
32 going on 18.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:
That may be how you perceive it. Part of the reason is because I'm getting impatient. So far only one person on here has given me a straight answer while everyone else here either keeps giving me the runaround or tries painting me out to be the bad guy because they don't like my approach even after I sympathized with that one girl with the scars.
I don't need your sympathy, sweetie, especially after you refer to me as 'that one girl with the scars'.

You do come off as kind of a jerk, especially if you're pushed... if this is how you're acting around the ladies I can see where your problems are coming from.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:57 PM

29,758 posts, read 34,454,278 times
Most women who are normal and well-adjusted have no interest in a "bad boy" (whatever that means.)

Thing is, OP, is that if you're anything in real life like you are here you're coming across as hostile and aggressive, which is going to chase the "nice" girls away real quicklike. You say you're a decent guy, but you're presenting yourself as the kind of guy only a masochist would want.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Plenty of us have given you staight answers, you just don't like what we've had to say.

Here goes my attempt again, okay?

You basically want to know why women would go for the bad guy types and not see them for who they truly are, right?

Like I told you before, woman who do that usually have issues of one type or another - most often low self esteem.

In addition, even very high IQ people do not always get a high EQ (emotional quotiant) - they lack the ability to be discerning when it comes to picking the best partners for themselves. It just is what it is, and no one is doing this to purposely offend or upset you - quit taking it personally.

Instead of wasting your time being angry about the women who choose the men you find offensive, you should just spend your energy looking for other kinds of women.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't need your sympathy, sweetie, especially after you refer to me as 'that one girl with the scars'.

You do come off as kind of a jerk, especially if you're pushed... if this is how you're acting around the ladies I can see where your problems are coming from.
Then so be it. As Immanuel Kant once said, "It's not the object that makes the representation possible; it's the representation that makes the object possible." I am a nice guy, but I don't take crap from anyone anymore. Whenever you guys are done trying to segue the conversation, paint me as the bad guy, and trying make me feel guilty, maybe we can carry on and explain why women like bad boys that treat them like dirt? I mean if I'm really a jerk, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Last edited by daugenstine; 01-18-2011 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships