Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post

So...this will be a fun deductive exercise...So if earth is the strongest element, fire is the weakest, and air evaporates water...does it go like this:

Earth>Air>Water>Fire ???
Capricorn is considered to be the strongest of the zodiac signs, Scorpio coming in second.

As for the strength of the elements, think of where you live. I live in Las Vegas, the desert, and what elemental catastrophe do I fear the most?

Fire? 115 degrees? Piece of cake! Turn on the A/C, a fan, sit under an earthly tree or my covered patio! Cool! I light a match outside, just your own breathing can put it out in an instant! Grrr.... Why can't fire be stronger!

Earth? An earthquake? Well, as you well know, you can build earthquake-resistant structures that will hold up to a 9.0 earthquake.

Air? Yeah! Tornadoes/cyclones can reach speeds of 150MPH, as you sit safely in the basement of your house until the wind subsides.

Water? There we go! My biggest fear, considered to the most powerful of the elements! A sudden 5 inch downpour in Las Vegas would could destroy half the city! No where to run, no stopping it! Don't run to the basement, not even to the roof, as your whole house could be swept away! Tsunami's? Yikes!

Water also encompasses snow, sleet, ice! Strongest of the elements? My vote goes to water!

Which element gets your vote?

Last edited by tijlover; 03-18-2011 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: edit/add line/add another line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Can we perhaps exchange heads...? Just for 2 weeks at least, so I can have a vacation.
Don't do it, Lyra! She wanted to borrow my Aries Sun one time, I generously lent it to her (which made me a Double Cap) and she didn't return it for two months, after she got a ticket for going 50 miles over the speed limit on I-19 heading from Tucson to Nogales one Saturday night to hit the cantina's.

Even one week with a Cap Sun and Moon in Pisces? By the end of the week your Cap husband would be filing for divorce! My Peter Pan, where art thou?

Last edited by tijlover; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Even one week with a Cap Sun and Moon in Pisces? By the end of the week your Cap husband would be filing for divorce! My Peter Pan, where art thou?
Shush! We're haggling for the whole sets, not just the Suns!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:02 AM

237 posts, read 379,916 times
Quote:
Capricorn is considered to be the strongest of the zodiac signs, Scorpio coming in second.

As for the strength of the elements, think of where you live. I live in Las Vegas, the desert, and what elemental catastrophe do I fear the most?

Fire? 115 degrees? Piece of cake! Turn on the A/C, a fan, sit under an earthly tree or my covered patio! Cool! I light a match outside, just your own breathing can put it out in an instant! Grrr.... Why can't fire be stronger!

Earth? An earthquake? Well, as you well know, you can build earthquake-resistant structures that will hold up to a 9.0 earthquake.

Air? Yeah! Tornadoes/cyclones can reach speeds of 150MPH, as you sit safely in the basement of your house until the wind subsides.

Water? There we go! My biggest fear, considered to the most powerful of the elements! A sudden 5 inch downpour in Las Vegas would could destroy half the city! No where to run, no stopping it! Don't run to the basement, not even to the roof, as your whole house could be swept away! Tsunami's? Yikes!

Water also encompasses snow, sleet, ice! Strongest of the elements? My vote goes to water!

An Aries saying that cap is the MOST POWERFUL sign? What is the world coming to!!!??But.........i forgive you! I know its just your virgo talking lol

Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 AM

343 posts, read 524,419 times
Yeah, I don't know where you're getting this tijlover.

I suspect an ulterior motive.

Ah wait, she's cowtowing to her moon.

Women!! So frickin emotional!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingjupiter View Post
An Aries saying that cap is the MOST POWERFUL sign? What is the world coming to!!!??But.........i forgive you! I know its just your virgo talking lol
Long ago, in an astrology book, I had read that Capricorn was the strongest (not the most powerful) sign of the zodiac, Scorpio coming in second. I've been meditating on that eversince, whether that's actually true or not. IMO, it's open to debate.

IMO, up there on the strength totem pole is Taurus. And many times, as I meditate on which sign has the most strength, my vote wavers between Taurus, Scorpio and Capricorn. Your vote on this issue?

Last edited by tijlover; 03-19-2011 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-19-2011, 08:23 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Afraid not! You can get plenty of worries and obsessions, though. You'll probably spend quite a bit of money, too, mostly on things you don't really want to buy! How can you pass on such a good deal?!
Guess what? I pride myself on my intellectual capabilities but...lol, I was "really" being an airhead this time, lol....duh- I get your post now! You were telling me what I would get as you for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Sooo... do I get 2 weeks of flyin' or not?
Hmmmmm....maybe I should charge for this trade.

Quote:

I think you have a valid argument about water...After all the earth is mostly covered by water. However...all of us would be dead without air!!!

So my vote goes to air of course! (Not biased at all!)

As far as strongest zodiac? I think I agree with Capricorn. I am married to one. He is very, very stubborn. I can get my way but it usually requires surprise and trickery! I think we are a good example of opposites attracting. He is very stable, is happy with the same thing in and out. No problem going to work doing the same thing every day. I know exactly how he will react. Now me on the otherhand...I honestly cannot say for sure what I will be feeling tomorrow, want to do. My reactions differ. So I guess for me there is strength in stability.

Quote:
Don't do it, Lyra! She wanted to borrow my Aries Sun one time, I generously lent it to her (which made me a Double Cap) and she didn't return it for two months, after she got a ticket for going 50 miles over the speed limit on I-19 heading from Tucson to Nogales one Saturday night to hit the cantina's.

LOL! I'm definitely a source of constant amusement for him. I keep telling him...I'm not trying to be funny I'm serious!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Long ago, in an astrology book, I had read that Capricorn was the strongest (not the most powerful) sign of the zodiac, Scorpio coming in second. I've been meditating on that eversince, whether that's actually true or not. IMO, it's open to debate.

IMO, up there on the strength totem pole is Taurus. And many times, as I meditate on which sign has the most strength, my vote wavers between Taurus, Scorpio and Capricorn. Your vote on this issue?
I don't have a Taurus in my life but I agree about Capricorn and Scorpio...I would say, without reading anything to back up just my impression, that Capricorn is a silent strength...the work horse who is constant and consistent. My Mom is a Scorpio...and watch out! She is one strong person...her way or the highway! And do not get in a fight with a Scorpio..they not only sting but they hold grudges! So Scorpio would be an in your face, I'm in charge dominant strength.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Long ago, in an astrology book, I had read that Capricorn was the strongest (not the most powerful) sign of the zodiac, Scorpio coming in second. I've been meditating on that eversince, whether that's actually true or not.
That'd be me!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uMFvmZzO0S...perwomanKW.jpg

Quote:
Hmmmmm....maybe I should charge for this trade.
Yikes! How much...?

Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:

I think you have a valid argument about water...After all the earth is mostly covered by water. However...all of us would be dead without air!!!

So my vote goes to air of course! (Not biased at all!)
Meditation on the basic elements of life takes us back to the Greeks, and what a worthy meditation it is. It is one of my favorite meditations.

People-wise, when different clashing elemental types come together in a relationship, and the clashing that goes on internally, what occurs when different elements come in contact with one another. Fascinating meditation!

I can't disagree, without air we'd be dead. One can survive up to 90 days without food, and try surviving without water for 90 days, and how long can you hold your breath!

So you may be onto something there, perhaps I should move air up higher on the totem pole of elemental strength. I still remain convinced that fire is the weakest. Anyone care to disagree, your opinions are welcomed.

My adding ever-determined, never-take-your-eye-off-your-goal, Taurus to the utmost strength list stems from my reading bio's of famous revolutionaries with strong Taurus placements. Ho Chi Minh is a classical study of Taurus. For 30 years, he never took his eyes off his goal of bringing Communism to Vietnam, and what he went thru to attain that goal, anyone else would have thrown up their hands 20 years prior. Lenin is another example along with Che Guevara. To even have half that amount of determination, I'd kill for!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-19-2011 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: edit/add lines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships