Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Lyra: With Sierra, make absolutely sure you not only charge her a stiff fee, but collect a 5-figure security deposit as well. She may fly all the way to Mercury, and never come back! And not even send you a post card!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So...that's what you planned to do with all that air! Fly around and save the world? Or maybe you would be more like the villains on Superman.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Lyra: With Sierra, make absolutely sure you not only charge her a stiff fee, but collect a 5-figure security deposit as well. She may fly all the way to Mercury, and never come back! And not even send you a post card!
I think you might be right...I had no idea she had a suit all ready to go!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Meditation on the basic elements of life takes us back to the Greeks, and what a worthy meditation it is. It is one of my favorite meditations.

People-wise, when different clashing elemental types come together in a relationship, and the clashing that goes on internally, what occurs when different elements come in contact with one another. Fascinating meditation!

I can't disagree, without air we'd be dead. One can survive up to 90 days without food, and try surviving without water for 90 days, and how long can you hold your breath!

So you may be onto something there, perhaps I should move air up higher on the totem pole of elemental strength. I still remain convinced that fire is the weakest. Anyone care to disagree, your opinions are welcomed.

My adding ever-determined, never-take-your-eye-off-your-goal, Taurus to the utmost strength list stems from my reading bio's of famous revolutionaries with strong Taurus placements. Ho Chi Minh is a classical study of Taurus. For 30 years, he never took his eyes off his goal of bringing Communism to Vietnam, and what he went thru to attain that goal, anyone else would have thrown up their hands 20 years prior. Lenin is another example along with Che Guevara. To even have half that amount of determination, I'd kill for!
Interesting...yes I always loved when we learned about the Greeks... Fire is the element that seems like it is the most oppressive and powerful...look at how many societies used fire for ritualistic ceremonies...yet at second glance it can fizzle out.

Taurus...interesting...to tenacity and goal oriented...hmmm, something I need to learn!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
So...that's what you planned to do with all that air! Fly around and save the world? Or maybe you would be more like the villains on Superman.
That's not true! I'm not a thief! I do have an addictive personality, though...

Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,676,737 times
Big storm took down a tree, tree took out the power lines.
So I sit with nothing to do and all I have is my phone to "play" with.
So I have a little to add to the 'most powerful element' part of the discussion.
No single element rules over the rest- each element submits to another while dominating over another.
This can be seen in the break down of Eastern elements.

Earth controls Water, Water controls Fire, Fire controls Metal, Metal controls Wood, Wood controls Earth.

I have never sat and figured out the Western breakdown, and possibly the breakdown could fall a few different ways-
It is obvious the water controls fire, fire could control earth or air- air because of fires consumption of air to burn. Without air a fire would go out. But earth can also extinguish a fire. Water can shape earth as well, just look at the Grand Canyon or the glacier made valleys.
So something to ponder.

I can see how Capi & Scorp are put together as 'powerful' they do have some similar traits, in a nutshell, eventual and forced change.
This combo is interesting, (derail the discussion for a moment) for these two signs and their ruling planets are the base of a Yod aspect for the event chart for 12-21-2012 - yes, the 'end of days' prediction. Saturn sits in Scorpio and Pluto sits in Capricorn, and both are at 8 degrees. The apex planet/sign is Jupiter in Gemini- again at 8 degrees.
It adds to the intersting pattern that Gemini and it's duality is the apex of the Saturn/Scorpio-Pluto/Capricorn swap.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 AM

896 posts, read 1,854,828 times
4 days, no convo??? What happened. Did the action move elsewhere?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 AM

153 posts, read 237,497 times
I do but mostly for fun

Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
4 days, no convo??? What happened. Did the action move elsewhere?
We haven't recovered yet from the last full moon. In Virgo? The brightest full moon in 18 years.

What would you know about the Moon anyway!!! In Latin, Moon translates to Luna. Where did the words Lunatic, Looney Bin come from, anyway?

Why not Pluto-tic, Pluto Bin? Jupiter-tic, Jupiter Bin, Uranatic? Why focus on the Moon/Luna for craziness?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
We haven't recovered yet from the last full moon. In Virgo? The brightest full moon in 18 years.

What would you know about the Moon anyway!!! In Latin, Moon translates to Luna. Where did the words Lunatic, Looney Bin come from, anyway?

Why not Pluto-tic, Pluto Bin? Jupiter-tic, Jupiter Bin, Uranatic? Why focus on the Moon/Luna for craziness?
So true...that must be why I have been acting so strange lately!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships