Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,769,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson13 View Post
Okay here it is. Hope it shows up.
Actually, I think Alyson is lovely...a very attractive and a pretty girl, IMO. Definitely a real cutie!!

What's with all the ppl here saying she's not?? I'm a guy, and I for one honestly think she's really cute.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 PM

32,129 posts, read 34,801,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
if by outdated you mean the 4 million years of men being/thinking like this then yes its outdated. It has little to do with society, its just the way we are wired
Well, I'm just glad that women are not as hypocritical as men...for men's sake, that is. The double standards that exist are simply ridiculous.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Oh sweetheart, you'll be fine.... Just give it some time, have fun and don't try so hard....

Smile and have fun and people (men included) will gravitate toward you.
Agreed 100% with Rhett here!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:31 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,439,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But why would this be the case for a woman but not a man? That's very superficial and it's a double standard.
Welcome to planet earth. Are you new here?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:32 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,287,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How so? Women do not hold things against men that they have no control over. Men, on the other hand, will not give a woman a chance because her face is not "pretty" enough or because she's 20 pounds overweight. Not all women can look like models. It doesn't get any more superficial than that.
I can agree but there are also many women out there who won’t go out with a guy if he is from a lower level which is a guy who’s income is less, his job is not as flashy, his car is not cool, he is poor, he’s ugly to their eyes, etc.

You even mentioned a guy friend you have who left a girl who was gorgeous for one that was not that great looking. See, looks are not a priority for every single men/women out there.

You posted 2 pics and descriptions for different girl A and B. When it comes to interests, women generally feel more attracted to the nice guy who has lots of money, attractive job/profession, nicer car, status, etc. Not the other way around even though exceptions may exist. This is no news really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Most of these traits are what makes men attractive to women, not the other way around. A self-sufficient, successful man would have no problem dating and marrying his favorite Starbucks barista who has no savings, rents a crappy studio apartment, only has a high school diploma, and is often seen wearing her dirty uniform. Women, on the other hand, feel the opposite. The only man who will be attracted to you because you own a home or make a good living is a loser. But I'm guessing you don't want a loser
This is something I have said in different occasions. Generally, men have no problem being with a woman who is from a lower level, but women? The opposite.

Alyson13,
Would you be willing to date a guy who is from a lower level? That is, a guy who makes less than you, doesn't dress with expensive clothes, drives a car that's not luxurious or as cool, rents a studio in not the greatest part of town, etc.?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,881,991 times
and since when did women look across a crowded room at the guy with the hot personality? "damn girl, look at that guys personality, I have to get with that" Women are also attracted visually as well at least initiallty, they are less superficial looks wise in terms of what they are looking for, but nonetheless they are superficial too

Old 02-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Maybe YOU should date her then!
If I wasn't already with someone atm, I would glady date someone just like OP! She honestly seems like a real sweetie...

Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,554,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Actually, I think Alyson is lovely...a very attractive and a pretty girl, IMO. Definitely a real cutie!!

What's with all the ppl here saying she's not?? I'm a guy, and I for one honestly think she's really cute.
I think she is too. I just can't get past the hairdo, but that's an easy fix. Who knows what's going on below the neck. She may very well have a rockin' bod, and that can be intimidating to some men. I know I have the tendency to get tongue-tied around women whom I think are attractive. That being said, change of venue maybe?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,287,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This one is worth nomination, too! In the opposite category!
I know! lol it's like saying that women are not attracted to a man's money, car, status, etc.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 PM

32,129 posts, read 34,801,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
and since when did women look across a crowded room at the guy with the hot personality? "damn girl, look at that guys personality, I have to get with that" Women are also attracted visually as well at least initiallty, they are less superficial looks wise in terms of what they are looking for, but nonetheless they are superficial too
No. Women look at the guy who is able to captivate a crowd. Women look at the guy who has unstoppable confidence. Women go for guys that can make them laugh. Any man can work on any of these qualities.

There's little a woman can do, however, to change the way she looks. mod cut:

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 02-08-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships