Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:04 PM

5,418 posts, read 9,225,020 times

Advertisements

It's unusual but not uncommon, if that makes sense. A lot of guys (myself included) aren't "intimidated" by girls/women (what I call them depends on age..) but are somewhat shy or timid in general. To be honest I have a hard time nutting up and asking a girl for her number, even if there's a good chance I will get it- I am somewhat of a late bloomer and am developing social skills (slowly) in college rather than having learned it in middle/elementary school.

This is NOT something guys usually say or share with each other, though- for fear of being called a *****, gay, etc. etc. etc. It just doesn't come naturally to some guys, while others are so smooth they may as well be made of polished marble or butter or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 PM

570 posts, read 884,758 times
a main reason why shyer, nicer, respectful men are afraid of women, is b.c they subconsciously know that women can't keep their mouths shut.

Almost all men have the courage to ask out a woman they like, if it would just stay between you and her if the answer is no. However, a lot of men don't have the courage to ask out a woman they like, b.c of the fear of that woman telling all the other women that she denied you and might talk bad about you for thinking that you had a chance to go out with her... ETC...

I think it's mostly because these men that find women scary have been hurt socially in the past by people. So they aren't able to trust in themselves and thus are not confident in their actions.

Probably the only way out of this purgatory ,is to live your life for God, and live by morals until you find a decent, loving woman that has compassion.

Men who put themselves ahead of everyone else including God, will end up miserable, whether it's by themselves or with someone they can't stand.

There is some song that says something like, the only way to start your life is to give it up for another. That is what marriage use to be about.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,847,912 times
oh BROTHER!

I guess it has to be said--women are people too. We are not aliens. Why don't you try to get to know one or two?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM

570 posts, read 884,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
oh BROTHER!

I guess it has to be said--women are people too. We are not aliens. Why don't you try to get to know one or two?
if women were aliens, would they ever admit to it?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:58 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,756,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
oh BROTHER!

You are so right, of course, but it is still very hard for a shy man to do. I had tons of female friends as a young man, but still............no dates.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,536,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
if women were aliens, would they ever admit to it?
Would it matter?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 AM

5,418 posts, read 9,225,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
a main reason why shyer, nicer, respectful men are afraid of women, is b.c they subconsciously know that women can't keep their mouths shut.

Almost all men have the courage to ask out a woman they like, if it would just stay between you and her if the answer is no. However, a lot of men don't have the courage to ask out a woman they like, b.c of the fear of that woman telling all the other women that she denied you and might talk bad about you for thinking that you had a chance to go out with her... ETC...

I think it's mostly because these men that find women scary have been hurt socially in the past by people. So they aren't able to trust in themselves and thus are not confident in their actions.

Probably the only way out of this purgatory ,is to live your life for God, and live by morals until you find a decent, loving woman that has compassion.

Men who put themselves ahead of everyone else including God, will end up miserable, whether it's by themselves or with someone they can't stand.

There is some song that says something like, the only way to start your life is to give it up for another. That is what marriage use to be about.
Hate to say it but I don't think that has anything at all to do with this thread. Religious beliefs have nothing in common with dating, really, and don't impede dating unless you and your potential mate are at religious odds with each other somehow.

Anyways..

The rest of the post is pretty good.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,659,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I think most guys I know aren't really scared of girls. One thing I have actually figured out by going to more social event is that on some level I find girl frightening. In fact, I do seem react worse to them than potential gangster / criminals.

For example, one time I was walking through bad area of town and so criminal looking people, but I continued on my way without freaking out. Now another time I walked into meeting (at college) full of girls and I immediately got uncomfortable and left for the exit ASAP. Now I am actually not that bad off, I have heard of one guy passing out when 2 hot girls were talking him!

I am not exactly sure why I am this way. I guess girls won't kill, but ending up with wrong one can make me mireable for rest of my life?
I never find them frighting. I can talk to any as far as looks go or financial status. I keep it professional and tell them what they need to know. When you don't have a choice, it kinda helps!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:45 AM

610 posts, read 1,298,496 times
While approching and the thought of rejection can be intimidating for a lot of guys, I could hardly say I know anyone who is scared of girls per se....

What are they gonna do? Bite you?
- Only if you're lucky

Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,331,252 times
I think I might just be an alien.....I was afraid to admit it until now. Is there a support group for me to join? Also, my biggest urge now is to bite men. I also like to dress in those pin-striped gangster suits with the fedora. Maybe I am a gangster alien?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships