Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM

343 posts, read 524,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
Here one way for me to see it. I would likely get support from society (police, law, etc) if a criminal harmed me. In fact, you can even arm yourself to protect against these criminals.

Now with girls, anything that goes wrong (like just approaching/talking/dating/sex/relationship) will be seen as my fault as a guy. I really can't think of any way of defending myself against girls either.
Defend yourself? I'm sure you'd get a nice punch in if they took you down. Worse things could happen.

I've been in a group of girls numerous times where a guy approached one and was shot down. Some idiots may giggle (those that weren't the object of desire) but ultimately we have respect for you for even approaching.
We only make fun if you say a canned line.

The best thing is to separate the one you want from the herd. Get her alone. Focus on one rather than the group like a lion hunting for prey.
Go for the weak, old & dying... Ok, I went too far with the lion analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,237,304 times
Just keep repeating to yourself "'They can kill me, but they can't eat me"....

Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 AM

438 posts, read 1,354,569 times
Because, as I have found, there is a lack of femininity......the old values of being a woman, talking like a woman, acting like a woman, and dressing like a woman (even smelling like a woman) has gone.

And, ladies, do not shoot me down and attack. Look around you and maybe look in a mirror, and you should reflect on the
(1)trashy cusses,
(2)tramp stamps posted all over you,
(3)attitude towards others way beyond being feminine
(4) manners and etiquette at a table
(5) lack of motherly care, interest, and "family" orientation
(6) your overpowering attitude, resentment from previous bad choices, baggage etc
(7) excessive piercings (gung-ho with the eyebrows, nose, nipples, what-have you's) YUK!
(8) Dressing like the invasion has already begun, or trying to attract too much attention and looking trashy.........
(9) telling us about your past ex (ho hum) *yawn* and comparing it to "our" date....not getting over your ex, etc.....
(10)expecting me to pay the bill after a *yawn* - "date".....where I have managed to speak at the first opportunity when I ask for the bill
(11) example you show when I pick you up at your home and a tornado just seemed to "happen" ten minutes before I arrived
(12) Love your dog/cat/lizard/tarantula more than you love to socialize with people
(13) your car's interior has last weeks pizza stuck to the back seat - even in a Mercedes
(14) I have to put up with your "work issues" because you would not join the businesses swingers club
(15) you are so disappointed because your golf clubs could not fit in the trunk of your new S2000/SLK
(16) Your last cruise abroad resulted in a herpes or a visit to the Dr
(17) and I could go on forever.....
.......And I am speaking about people in the higher "social" circles of the community

Bring back femininity......please.

I don't mind single mums with a head on their shoulders that have done all they can to provide, care for, give security,- hope, stability, love and a nourishing family life to their children, work, play and have pushed the baggage out of the way, and still manage to be "women" in the purest, most sincerest sense of the word. Hat's of to each and every one of you.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,318,241 times
Quote:

I am not exactly sure why I am this way. I guess girls won't kill, but ending up with wrong one can make me mireable for rest of my life?
Strange thing to say in this day and age!Nobody "ends" up with the wrong person these days, we all have choices you know....If you're sooo afraid of what you think COULD happen, chances are, you may be denying yourself the opportunity to meet a wonderful partner in life.Remember the old saying...If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,....you don't stay in a miserable relationship..you say goodbye, and move on.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:17 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,161,896 times
Hey, OP,

Maybe you are looking at/for the wrong girls. There are a lot of nice girls in the world and a lot of them will think your shyness is adorable. Believe me, approaching a group of girls in a room together, at the mall, or party or club is intimidating even for a girl! There is definitely a pack mentality that happens, and it can really be un-good. Your instincts are not wrong.

Find a girl who's interested in the same things you are, do things as friends, and it might become more. All you need is one girl, right? You don't need a "pack of girls".

There is a girl out there for you. Really.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,708,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Strange thing to say in this day and age!Nobody "ends" up with the wrong person these days, we all have choices you know....If you're sooo afraid of what you think COULD happen, chances are, you may be denying yourself the opportunity to meet a wonderful partner in life.Remember the old saying...If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,....you don't stay in a miserable relationship..you say goodbye, and move on.
It ain't that easy...........

Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM

874 posts, read 1,651,581 times
No, that's just strange. lol

Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,321,988 times
Quote:
I think most guys I know aren't really scared of girls. One thing I have actually figured out by going to more social event is that on some level I find girl frightening. In fact, I do seem react worse to them than potential gangster / criminals.

For example, one time I was walking through bad area of town and so criminal looking people, but I continued on my way without freaking out. Now another time I walked into meeting (at college) full of girls and I immediately got uncomfortable and left for the exit ASAP. Now I am actually not that bad off, I have heard of one guy passing out when 2 hot girls were talking him!

I am not exactly sure why I am this way. I guess girls won't kill, but ending up with wrong one can make me mireable for rest of my life?
I dunno. But I feel the same aversion with talking on the phone with my elders/in-laws, and family reunions. Waltzing through Watts - no prob.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:18 PM

13,008 posts, read 18,952,310 times
Many men think of women the way most of us think of tigers: they're beautiful, but don't get too close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships