Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:10 PM

326 posts, read 813,961 times

Advertisements

i'm depressed over a guy i recently met who is in a relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:13 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times
hell that happened to me last week, only it was over a girl. Is it pathetic? Maybe, but I don't really care. It's not often you meet a girl who's super cool, into the same kind of music you like, has a very kind and friendly personality. And it's even less often you meet one who is all of those things AND stable. And it's even less often that she's all those things, AND stable, AND single. And sadly, she was not that last bit :/

Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Are you the same pathetic, self loathing, low self esteem woman that hits on all the married men?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
Seriously?? Now, what do you think?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
its one thing to be bummed, but to be depressed???

yes, pathetic.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Situations such as this happen from time-to-time. The one you want is with someone else and, yes, it is a bummer. So feeling down about having an opportunity so close but so far is understandable and not pathetic.

However, if you hang around waiting for him or hoping something will change while, in the meantime, neglecting yourself and/or the pursuit of other opportunities, then that is pathetic.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
I don't think you are pathetic. In fact, you are far from it. Nowadays there are MORE single men than ever. We seem to be having this discussion regularly. Hold your head up and start looking. I bet there are men reading your posts right now wondering what you look like and are shaking in their boots to find out. LOL Get some self esteem. After all, you are a woman, right? The ball is in YOUR court. The men who can't muster up the guts to ask, are the ones that are scr*wed.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:26 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,309 times
if you recently met them then why are you affected by this? Are you rebounding from a previous relationship? Also do you tend to be attracted to men with girlfriends or wives?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times
See him on the side, that should relief your depression.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,094 times
Quote:
It's not really you should necessarily be "depressed" about. Bummed out about it, maybe. I don't see you as being pathetic, but keep both your chin up and you eyes looking forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
hell that happened to me last week, only it was over a girl. Is it pathetic? Maybe, but I don't really care. It's not often you meet a girl who's super cool, into the same kind of music you like, has a very kind and friendly personality. And it's even less often you meet one who is all of those things AND stable. And it's even less often that she's all those things, AND stable, AND single. And sadly, she was not that last bit :/
At some point she will be single. It's only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I don't think you are pathetic. In fact, you are far from it. Nowadays there are MORE single men than ever. We seem to be having this discussion regularly. Hold your head up and start looking. I bet there are men reading your posts right now wondering what you look like and are shaking in their boots to find out. LOL Get some self esteem. After all, you are a woman, right? The ball is in YOUR court. The men who can't muster up the guts to ask, are the ones that are scr*wed.
Where are these single men? I was in NYC today and kept seeing all these couples!! Was there a singles convention in another city that I did not know about? Maybe they changed cities last minute, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships