Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,031,799 times

Advertisements

Please don't PM me asking why I won't date you or give you the time of day.

Thank you.

Apparently, this particular post I made on who should pay for the first date has many cheap, insecure men with no game very heated:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post22956850

Quote:
No YOU'RE the one with the "issue" not HER.

Men have ROLES and just because you let them treat YOU like garbage doesn't mean other women will.
If you're dating women who don't mind paying for your date and theirs, then WHY are you trippin' off my post where I say I would NEVER put up with that nonsense?

Seriously. Continue to date those women and leave the rest of us ALONE. It's that simple. *shrugs shoulders*

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Pathetic with a capital "P"!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:14 AM

526 posts, read 955,592 times
Oh, boy. I can see the men coming in here to start the women bashing yet again, LOL.

My answer to men who say women should go dutch or pay in the first few dates is: "I am not your type." I respect everybody's opinions. If you are a woman and prefer to pay for your own food, go ahead. If you are a man and likes women to pay for their own food, please let them pay. Problem solved, both parties are happy.

BUT don't come in here to bash the women like Marilyn220 and DRGirl for wanting to date men who pick up the tab when THEY ask us out. Please people, live and let live!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
here i am i came as fast as i could, am i late?
is this the male bashing thread for those who refuse to lie down and do the door mat thing?

Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,536 times
Marilyn, you go GF! I'm standing right behind you and DRGirl

Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
If I ever dated a woman who made more than me I may reconsider my traditional male roll in picking up the tab. Until then I pay unless its my Birthday or something else comes up.
Now there are many instances where a woman picking up the tab is more understandable: Her working/Him in school. Her in a high paying industry/Him in a blue collar job.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,548,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
My answer to men who say women should go dutch or pay in the first few dates is: "I am not your type." I respect everybody's opinions. If you are a woman and prefer to pay for your own food, go ahead. If you are a man and likes women to pay for their own food, please let them pay. Problem solved, both parties are happy.

^^^^ Perfect.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Oh, boy. I can see the men coming in here to start the women bashing yet again, LOL.
LOL! I don't care. I'm just stunned at how someone PM'd me asking me what I thought my "role" was and then when I tell him, he comes back with some nonsense about how asian women love to pay for their own meals, and how they all have a "wonderful" time, etc., and I'm like "So??? What does this have to do with ME?"

I basically told him to leave me alone and stop wasting my time. Either he doesn't know what I'm talking about or he does, but he wants to pay stupid. Then he comes back with a retort that I'm "living off men". Now, where the hell did that come from?? Weirdos.

Quote:
Exactly. To go on entire tangents bashing women who won't go for that "dutch" nonsense for a first DINNER DATE is ridiculous when clearly from reading on this forum there are PLENTY of women who do not have a problem with it. Stick with THOSE women.

Quote:
BUT don't come in here to bash the women like Marilyn220 and DRGirl for wanting to date men who pick up the tab when THEY ask us out. Please people, live and let live!
LOLOL!!!! Man, I couldn't BELIEVE that two of my posts kept getting "referenced" as though it was a "bad" thing or something not understood in the dating world.

Clearly, the men with the problem are the LOSERS of the dating world and have been since high school and beyond. They haven't a freaking clue and THEY are the reasons why the online dating and matchmaking game was created.

I have never had a problem meeting men IRL and just like in REAL LIFE you have to "weed" out the ones who don't fit what you're looking for. In my case, I would never go out with them to begin with, so there would be no love lost.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
You see, their problem stems from the fact that they DO know the majority of women are not their "type"!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If I ever dated a woman who made more than me I may reconsider my traditional male roll in picking up the tab. Until then I pay unless its my Birthday or something else comes up.
I would never make you pay for your birthday. You wouldn't even have to pay on all subsequent dates after the FIRST one. I may pick up the tab on the second or third date or put my own in, but most definitely not the FIRST. Not now. Not ever.

Quote:
Now there are many instances where a woman picking up the tab is more understandable: Her working/Him in school. Her in a high paying industry/Him in a blue collar job.
I get that too.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:30 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Seeing a relationship (or potential relationship) in terms of compensation is sort of missing the point.

A breach that is caused by men and women alike.

Bitter men are fed up that the woman feels "entitled" to a free date. Bitter women are fed up that they are on a date with a cheap man. While first impressions are very important, making a large issue of it seems petty to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships