Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:01 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
The doc says she's allergic to latex. I suggested the non-latex, so that was what were are using. We've not had sex since the infection had re-occurred.. I am not going to force her to get tested. She kinda hinted that she said I am going to force her to ket tested.. She then said, she doesn't know what she will do if she is positive. She said it would screw her up mentally. I said there is a treatment she can take, but it is for the rest of her life. She didn't want to do that either. I said, what happens if and when I get effected? How will you feel then? Her belief is that she's only been with two other guys in her whole life. One she had unprotected sex with for a few years, he's doesn't have it so she doesn't have it. Then she said she doesn't blame me for my hesitation.

However, I will be tested soon, and will share the results with her. So either way, she will know. Cause, I've not been with anyone else in near a year. I really do not know what all the fuss is about. And the cold shoulder she's giving me I do not feel is fair either. I like her for her. One stupid little virus is not going to stop me. When she first told me, I didn't run. When she thought she saw something, we talked about it, it was nothing and I calmed her down. Again, I didn't run. But I all I did last night was tell her the truth of what my doc said and what she should do. Then she went haywire. Going on and on on how she's always been careful and doesn't understand how she could maybe have it.
Ok, I'm going for the elephant in the room.........what is "it"?? Herpes?? Some other STD?? Sounds like we are talking about something a little more indepth than an allergic reaction to latex condoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM

94 posts, read 169,677 times
It may be an STD. She is allergic to latex condoms.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
The doc says she's allergic to latex.

One stupid little virus is not going to stop me. When she first told me, I didn't run. When she thought she saw something, we talked about it, it was nothing and I calmed her down. Again, I didn't run. But I all I did last night was tell her the truth of what my doc said and what she should do. Then she went haywire. Going on and on on how she's always been careful and doesn't understand how she could maybe have it.
Well there you go, she's allergic to latex.

Now she just feels insulted!

But are you saying she already told you she has an std? I'm confused...

Get tested, both of you, go do it together, go have a picnic and just make out for a while.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:08 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
She's had the infection before over the summer.
I mean, is she not on medication for this?!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I mean, is she not on medication for this?!
Yes, she was given the proper meds for it, but it came back a few months later.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
It may be an STD. She is allergic to latex condoms.
Obviously she can't go on without getting tested. STD's (depending on which it is) can have dangerous even fatal consequences if left untreated. It may be embarrasing to her but if the values her life and is responsible about her sexual health, she will get tested.

Give her some time but I agree with the others who say both of you should get tested to 1) know what you're dealing with and 2) know what precautions and medications to take if necessary to treat the infection.

Continue to use your condoms, regardless if it's with her or anyone else. As you see, it only takes one time to get an STD which can follow you a lifetime.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
What doctor would recommend not using condoms, and switching to the pill when she has a bacterial infection? I wouldn't think the doctor would say sex was OK while she's under care for a persistent infection that won't go away.

If the infection is persistent and not easily cured with the meds she was on, then she should have an HIV test.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well there you go, she's allergic to latex.

Now she just feels insulted!

But are you saying she already told you she has an std? I'm confused...

Get tested, both of you, go do it together, go have a picnic and just make out for a while.
She told me a week later after our first sexual experience. Well, we had five that night and next morning. She said, first, she had shingles. Back in her 20's, she took a test for all STDs. She came back inconclusive to one of them. A very common one. Tested three more times, again inconclusive. Her primary doc said it was probably a false negative. Her OBGYN said it was probably a false negative. A doc who works with diseases also said it is probably a false negative and told her not to worry about it nor was it important or necessary to tell anyone about it. None of them gave her meds for it. In addition, she's never shown any signs. She told her previous partner who she had unprotected sex with, and he came back negative too. The three docs believe it is a false positive because of shingles. One doc said there is a slight chance it could be said disease, but again, never prescribed anything for her to take. I was tested again recently, nothing.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What doctor would recommend not using condoms, and switching to the pill when she has a bacterial infection? I wouldn't think the doctor would say sex was OK while she's under care for a persistent infection that won't go away.

If the infection is persistent and not easily cured with the meds she was on, then she should have an HIV test.
It's not HIV. The bacterial infection is now dormant again. However, due to her allergy to latex, that was why the doc suggested that. Which is why we had this argument. I guess, she took it personally, that I would not go in without any protection. Then, to tell her about what my doc said about what she should do.

Nonetheless, I did a Urethra swab test to be sure. I will know either way in a few days. When I asked the doc to do that, he thought I was crazy, but did it anyway. Wasn't fun.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
She told me a week later after our first sexual experience. Well, we had five that night and next morning. She said, first, she had shingles. Back in her 20's, she took a test for all STDs. She came back inconclusive to one of them. A very common one. Tested three more times, again inconclusive. Her primary doc said it was probably a false negative. Her OBGYN said it was probably a false negative. A doc who works with diseases also said it is probably a false negative and told her not to worry about it nor was it important or necessary to tell anyone about it. None of them gave her meds for it. In addition, she's never shown any signs. She told her previous partner who she had unprotected sex with, and he came back negative too. The three docs believe it is a false positive because of shingles. One doc said there is a slight chance it could be said disease, but again, never prescribed anything for her to take. I was tested again recently, nothing.

Why would a young person have shingles? Chickenpox (Herpes Varicella) maybe but not Shingles which is Herpes Zoster.

Shingles develops much later in life (60's or older) after a person has been exposed to the herpes virus like chickenpox (herpes varicella) or herpes simplex like cold sores.

If a young person gets shingles it means their immune system has been compromised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships