Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
What is the concept here about soaking? And what does it have to do with religion?
It has nothing to do with religion. It's just another stupid anti-Mormon rumor some jerk started.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Because I need more data points. I'm not going to take one Mormon's word for it. Just as I'm not going to believe the internet definition.
Okay, you have one former Mormon telling you and you have one practicing Mormon telling you. For some reason, you think we might both be lying. I suspect you kinda, sorta want to believe what you're reading about the subject online, instead. Suit yourself.

At any rate, the following is from the Church's official statement on sexual purity:

Physical intimacy between husband and wife is beautiful and sacred. It is ordained of God for the creation of children and for the expression of love between husband and wife. God has commanded that sexual intimacy be reserved for marriage.

When you obey God’s commandment to be sexually pure, you prepare yourself to make and keep sacred covenants in the temple. You prepare yourself to build a strong marriage and to bring children into the world as part of a loving family. You protect yourself from the emotional damage that always comes from sharing physical intimacies with someone outside of marriage.

Do not have any sexual relations before marriage, and be completely faithful to your spouse after marriage. Satan may tempt you to rationalize that sexual intimacy before marriage is acceptable when two people are in love. That is not true. In God’s sight, sexual sins are extremely serious because they defile the power God has given us to create life....

Before marriage, do not do anything to arouse the powerful emotions that must be expressed only in marriage. Do not participate in passionate kissing, lie on top of another person, or touch the private, sacred parts of another person’s body, with or without clothing. Do not allow anyone to do that with you. Do not arouse those emotions in your own body. In cultures where dating or courting is acceptable, always treat your date with respect, never as an object to be used for your lustful desires. Stay in areas of safety where you can easily control your physical feelings. Do not participate in talk or activities that arouse sexual feelings.

Now I don't know how you think any practicing LDS teenagers could read this (they have all been given a copy of it in a booklet called "For the Strength of the Youth") and figure "soaking" somehow didn't qualify. Maybe you can explain that to me.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, you have one former Mormon telling you and you have one practicing Mormon telling you. For some reason, you think we might both be lying. I suspect you kinda, sorta want to believe what you're reading about the subject online, instead. Suit yourself.
Actually I don't believe it has anything to do with Mormons and said as much in my original post. If I wanted to believe that I wouldn't ask. But I am not going to be naive and think that all Mormons know what their teens are doing either, much like most parents don't know what their teens are doing. I also want to see if it has any non-religious connotations which is why I didn't post the definition in the original post. I mean it is obvious that the LDS church isn't going to accept this when they don't even condone drinking caffeine.

Last edited by miyu; 03-11-2011 at 01:07 AM..

Old 03-11-2011, 01:13 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Actually I don't believe it has anything to do with Mormons and said as much in my original post. If I wanted to believe that I wouldn't ask. But I am not going to be naive and think that all Mormons know what their teens are doing either, much like most parents don't know what their teens are doing. I also want to see if it has any non-religious connotations which is why I didn't post the definition in the original post. I mean it is obvious that the LDS church isn't going to accept this when they don't even condone drinking caffeine.
Well you will never be privy to what everyone, even Mormon kids, do sexually so the question is kind of pointless. People do things, period.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:13 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,961 times
Seems like masturbating would accomplish more. This is just silly!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,975 times
I'm just gonna say this, if my man is going to stick it in, he'd best be moving that thing around LOL

Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,219 times
Ok dang it...The definition wouldn't come up on my computer, at work and it's blocked somebody copy and paste it to me in a message, It's killing me not knowing!!! :/

Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
It's as logical as saddlebacking--which is to say, illogical.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
It's not terribly lurid, round4. It's vaginal penetration but then no movement.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's not terribly lurid, round4. It's vaginal penetration but then no movement.
That's it ??? I'm not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships