Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I know sex is part of it but they will be so much more then that. They will be a life long companion who will not cheat, lie or steal. He (or she if you desire) will go on trips, ski, see movies and musicals, etc. I know that is not for everyone and that is good but a new sub culture will start and it really could make life interesting and better for everyone.
The world is going more towards Total Recall, than Blade Runner.

In the future when you want to go skiing you will sign up for a program that takes you to a virtual environment, where you can even interact with other people plugged into the same environment. It will be like Facebook and Xbox live on Barry bonds steroids.

Robots are going to become our slaves not our brides. Human interaction will always be needed (unless we dramatically alter our genes), it will just be virtual. You are already starting to see some of this with kids playing Xbox live instead of going over to each others' houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 09:08 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,473,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
The world is going more towards Total Recall, than Blade Runner.

In the future when you want to go skiing you will sign up for a program that takes you to a virtual environment, where you can even interact with other people plugged into the same environment. It will be like Facebook and Xbox live on Barry bonds steroids.

Robots are going to become our slaves not our brides. Human interaction will always be needed (unless we dramatically alter our genes), it will just be virtual. You are already starting to see some of this with kids playing Xbox live instead of going over to each others' houses.
That brings up another scenero I have been thinking about. What if we could develop our personal virtual reality. Develop our perfect city give us the perfect job with the perfect bf (maybe even one from our memory that we loved) and live the perfect second life. Maybe there would be a way to program it so when you are in their you have the option of knowing its VR or not. You could have real friends and family come visit you by picking them up at the airport. I would be willing to pay thousands for a "game" like that and am already working on the details (as you can tell) so if it becomes possible I will be among the first to have my perfect second life.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,460 times
Let's get it sooner, at least he won't leave me

Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
That brings up another scenero I have been thinking about. What if we could develop our personal virtual reality. Develop our perfect city give us the perfect job with the perfect bf (maybe even one from our memory that we loved) and live the perfect second life. Maybe there would be a way to program it so when you are in their you have the option of knowing its VR or not. You could have real friends and family come visit you by picking them up at the airport. I would be willing to pay thousands for a "game" like that and am already working on the details (as you can tell) so if it becomes possible I will be among the first to have my perfect second life.
I'm not talking about virtual reality, just virtual environments. You could eat shrooms all day and live in a different reality now.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,435 times
With the percentage of lonely people it should proof helpful to depression I would think. And I'm assuming one could program them to suit their mood.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Let's get it sooner, at least he won't leave me
Or cheat or lie I could go on but needless to say I agree with you 100%!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM

578 posts, read 1,093,435 times
Quote:
Total recall ?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I'm not talking about virtual reality, just virtual environments. You could eat shrooms all day and live in a different reality now.
Or you could do drugs in vr with none of the negative consequences. In star trek they have hollow addiction. That could be a real problem facing our generation in less then a decade.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Total recall ?
Maybe or it could be like the matrix except we have the choice if we want to be plugged in or not and develop our own. Idk if it will be that or living in real life with robot partners as I would be ok with either.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM

And I wonder where my time goes. Instead of studying for my vcdx I talked about banging robots on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships