Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,008,601 times

Advertisements

Last weekend I met and went out with a gal I met. She was a lot of fun, had a great personality and was a great time. She was, however, more into me than I was her. Only because my mind and heart are elsewhere. I gave some thought into trying to make something out of this but I think it's a bad idea. I am lonely and desire affection, need it. But if my heart isn't in it then it's not fair to me and especially not to her. Oh, the irony! I should be jumping for joy that I finally meet a woman that wants to be with me but I just don't feel the same. I don't think a relationship of convenience is a safe path to take.

Has anyone done this before? Curious how it turned out. I assume it's likely to go bad or perhaps it can lead to a fulfilling soul searching experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM

766 posts, read 1,397,434 times
Is that fair to her? How would YOU like it, if the roles were reversed? Would you feel used?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,241,402 times
You just been on one date? Why not hang out a few times, different scenarios, and not so quick to judge this book....you may be missing out on what could be the love of your life...

Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,797,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Last weekend I met and went out with a gal I met. She was a lot of fun, had a great personality and was a great time. She was, however, more into me than I was her. Only because my mind and heart are elsewhere. I gave some thought into trying to make something out of this but I think it's a bad idea. I am lonely and desire affection, need it. But if my heart isn't in it then it's not fair to me and especially not to her. Oh, the irony! I should be jumping for joy that I finally meet a woman that wants to be with me but I just don't feel the same. I don't think a relationship of convenience is a safe path to take.

Has anyone done this before? Curious how it turned out. I assume it's likely to go bad or perhaps it can lead to a fulfilling soul searching experience.
I thought relationships of convenience were convenient for both parties involved. I don't think being defrauded in a relationship would be convenient.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
I don't think that's a good idea... you are going end up in a place you would of rather traded the chance to have stopped it before it begun... its not going to be good and might cost you more than you realize...

Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times
Quote:

Wow u must be a special guy and oh so thoughtful. Most guys I know would turn that into a friends with benefits scenario. Maybe u should date her a few times before u make ur mind up. However, if u inner voice is telling u she's not right run cause it just might be a warning u will regret not heading to. Good Luck

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,008,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Wow u must be a special guy and oh so thoughtful. Most guys I know would turn that into a friends with benefits scenario. Maybe u should date her a few times before u make ur mind up. However, if u inner voice is telling u she's not right run cause it just might be a warning u will regret not heading to. Good Luck
Ha, I'm not like many guys, I guess. I don't have interest in adding notches to my belt. I'd like to have something more meaningful. I did tell her how I felt and what was going through my mind. She was sad but understood. She has since invited me to hang out with her and some of her friends (male and female) this weekend but I declined due to other obligations. Not sure if it's just a friendly overture, if she's trying to sway me and just trying to imply I should see her a few more times before I decide. My reluctance is not a reflection on her in any way. It's all about me and feelings I have for another.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,343,519 times
Quote:
Ha, I'm not like many guys, I guess. I don't have interest in adding notches to my belt. I'd like to have something more meaningful. I did tell her how I felt and what was going through my mind. She was sad but understood. She has since invited me to hang out with her and some of her friends (male and female) this weekend but I declined due to other obligations. Not sure if it's just a friendly overture, if she's trying to sway me and just trying to imply I should see her a few more times before I decide. My reluctance is not a reflection on her in any way. It's all about me and feelings I have for another.
I admire u. U sound like a classy real good man

Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,999,619 times
Relationships of convenience? Man, almost every relationship is due to convenience. Be with her, tell her the truth. Have some sex, some fun. And when the right one comes along, for you or her. Leave.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,342,885 times
Quote:

Well it's not a relationship shug... it's having a good time!!!
The only thing you need to do is let her know that you are not looking for anything serious... of course watch the signs because she most likely will speed towards delusions of marriage, you'll want to end it before that happens unless you have a change of heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships