Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM

18 posts, read 26,613 times

Advertisements

You are newly married and you and your husband are living in your own house.Your husband earns about $ 15,000+/month which is enough for you both of you and also for future kids. Husband has good job security too!

Now, you are either a high school or a college graduate with just ordinary degree (no doctor, lawyer degree etc).Your husband wants you to spend more time in household works.Although he will help in household work but more responsibility is on you.
You have an active surrounding community so you won't feel bored in the afternoon. Your husband's office is only 2-3 minutes drive.

You have a very strong relationship with your husband. He shares every financial detail with you and also transfers a good amount of his income in your bank account every month for your personal use thinking that it's his duty.Husband always adores about your cooking and other household work.

So what would you do in this situation?

1) No Job and full time house wife. (still husband will have some household responsibilities)
2) Part time job and still managing household work.
3) Full time job and asking him for more household responsibilities.

Last edited by hardindex; 03-31-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM

158 posts, read 271,065 times
3. I am doing mid six figures and my wife earns in the 50's. When I come home I have chores to do just like she does. After all it takes at least two to run the household since both of us mess it up to boot. It just wouldn't be fair for you to shoulder all the burden of the household chores.

That is the way I am and was taught to help around the house while growing up.

Go figure.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideast View Post
3. I am doing mid six figures and my wife earns in the 50's. When I come home I have chores to do just like she does. After all it takes at least two to run the household since both of us mess it up to boot. It just wouldn't be fair for you to shoulder all the burden of the household chores.

That is the way I am and was taught to help around the house while growing up.

Go figure.
I am not saying that husband is running away from household responsibilities. It is just that she would have more responsibilities.
I am also not favoring any of the option. Thus, i welcome your reply.

On a side note, mid six figures means around $500,000! You are really lucky to get this much in bad economy.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 PM

220 posts, read 596,946 times
Umm, this sounds like a no-brainer to me:

No kids = Part time job and still managing household work.

When kids come = No Job and full time house wife.

IMO, When you get married, your husband and kids (if/when they come) become your priority aka full time job.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,744,792 times
#1 and also want to add that he would be putting into savings (for me alone) what I would not via social security and a 401k. And no way would he have the ability to draw one cent from it should things sour. That way you have something to fall back on.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,704,705 times
What does the wife want to do? Does she want to work full-time, part-time or not at all?

If she is passionate about working and wants to work full-time, then household responsibilities should be shared equally. If she wants to work part-time, and assuming she will have more free time, then she would do more housework than her husband. Being a full-time housewife doesn't mean that all the household responsibilities should fall on her.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,848,354 times
I'd do #1.. no job, FT housewife.

Whatever household responsibilities I can't handle would be outsourced.

Really, why would I saddle myself with a job and maintaining the home unless I had to?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I'd do #1.. no job, FT housewife.

Whatever household responsibilities I can't handle would be outsourced.

Really, why would I saddle myself with a job and maintaining the home unless I had to?
Sometimes, you may get really bored in the afternoon. That's why i included part time job option. Anyways, it depends upon the person.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,104,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardindex View Post
You are newly married and you and your husband are living in your own house.Your husband earns about $ 15,000+/month which is enough for you both of you and also for future kids. Husband has good job security too!

Now, you are either a high school or a college graduate with just ordinary degree (no doctor, lawyer degree etc).Your husband wants you to spend more time in household works.Although he will help in household work but more responsibility is on you.
You have an active surrounding community so you won't feel bored in the afternoon. Your husband's office is only 2-3 minutes drive.

You have a very strong relationship with your husband. He shares every financial detail with you and also transfers a good amount of his income in your bank account every month for your personal use thinking that it's his duty.Husband always adores about your cooking and other household work.

So what would you do in this situation?

1) No Job and full time house wife. (still husband will have some household responsibilities)
2) Part time job and still managing household work.
3) Full time job and asking him for more household responsibilities.

Why are too many women dependent on a men?
So he makes lots of money? Would you want to work and make your own money?
What are women coming too??

Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,363,864 times
Well... Now I would do whatever the he wanted me to 24/7 -cook clean and everything inbetween I would be happy to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships