Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:44 AM

677 posts, read 1,543,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary1986 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. He's out of the army right now and I feel like now since he has nobody to answer to he's acting up.He said the reason he threw the phone was because I accuse him of cheating.And without proof I was wrong.Our lease is about to be up and since he's back to throwing things i do not want to sign another one with him.I am not setting the bar low since no one is perfect,when im mad i've thrown things to.
RE: out of the Army, was he deployed? I'm not giving him a pass, if he was deployed to a war zone, he may be suffering from PTSD- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Not everyone can be involved in that level of violence and walk away without emotional scars.

~l~
Army Mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,988,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I smack my husband sometimes when Im mad at him....should he leave me?

Should he seek a male shelter and get a restraining order against me?

Yep. Though most men don't seek help due to the stigma attached to being beat up/on by a woman.

Believe it or not, men can be victims of domestic violence/abuse too.

Hoping you were being sarcastic and don't really ever hit Donnie

Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,202,103 times
Quote:
My counselor saids that I Should be proud of him since he has not hit me and that he is working hard since its been a yr since he cheated ,she said since he's still coming to counsling he's trying.Well I feel he's not if its not physical.He switches it to emotinal,like with the cheating last yr,and now is back to throwing things which is verbal.
no one, and i mean no one deserves to be abused. first off you should leave now. if you can't make youself leave now then start calling the cops everytime he does something violent or threatening. do you have friends or neighbors you can count on? i'd make sure lots of folks know what's going on.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. He's out of the army right now and I feel like now since he has nobody to answer to he's acting up.He said the reason he threw the phone was because I accuse him of cheating.And without proof I was wrong.Our lease is about to be up and since he's back to throwing things i do not want to sign another one with him.I am not setting the bar low since no one is perfect,when im mad i've thrown things to.
Mary, you are in such denial I don't think anyone here can really help you.

Using the excuse "nobody's perfect" to explain away bad behavior like throwing things shows just how deep the denial goes.

Please, do like I suggested last night - call your nearest battered womens shelter for guidance and help. You need real professionals to help you break out of the abusive mindset you have been allowing yourself to live in.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 AM

31,358 posts, read 22,341,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep. Though most men don't seek help due to the stigma attached to being beat up/on by a woman.

Believe it or not, men can be victims of domestic violence/abuse too.

Hoping you were being sarcastic and don't really ever hit Donnie
This is never appropriate behavior. I have never hit a woman and if I did I would leave out of disgust in myself. I have been hit by a woman when I first started dating..I was gone, what a freak she was!

To the OP, is this a trend? Have all of your boyfriends been like this?

I wonder if guys like this can ever change. Ive known a couple of men and woman like this and I don't even want them around me. It's just a sign of them being out of control. Who wants someone around them that is out of control?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM

468 posts, read 527,462 times
Quote:

Yes.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,811,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
hate to be negative, but I dont think abusers stop abusing (look at Chris Brown's supposed 'recovery' from being abusive), get out while you can
The difference, Chris Brown is a young man. She's married to a full grown man.

Really.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
Yes.

Really hoping she knows that and was not being serious

Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,811,974 times
Quote:

Nope. Your dumb azz hubs should hit you in the mouth.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:19 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,347,176 times
Quote:
This is the perfect opportunity to bring about a change in your life. You have the choice to either continue with this misery and hope you don't end up a fatal statistic or you can move on with your life without him. Try reaching out to family or friends for a place to stay until you can get on your feet.

The both of you need to talk maturely with each other. Getting mad doesn't give him or you the right to throw things.

Get rid of him and your counselor. Anyone who tells you to be proud of someone "at least not hitting you" sounds like someone who has issues of their own or was asleep during pshyc classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships