Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:52 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,679,272 times

Advertisements

I really don't mind being asked just about anything on a first date, I'm not that private of a person I guess. I really don't care. But being asked about money? Yeah, that would probably bother me a bit, although I'm doing well so I'd rather let her guess. It's actually tougher for me NOT to let slip something like this. It's nearly impossible. "My friend Andreas, he's older like 40s, we were hanging out and..." "Wait how do you have a 45-year-old friend?" "Uhh well he's my dad's personal chef." "YOUR DAD HAS A PERSONAL CHEF?" And there it goes. Or I mention I just got back from Mexico, and she's like oh where did you stay? Did you go with friends? Uhh well stayed at my dad's house down there.

I could lie about everything but that annoys the heck out of me, that is way too much effort to be acting during a date and lying actively, it's just obnoxious. But I don't ask very personal questions of her at all, I just don't care if she asks them of me really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
Default This woman I met online was creeped out and deleted her profile because I sent her this?????

We met yesterday and been going back and forth on email on the site. So I gave her my email to contact me but she insisted on communicating on the site. So I sent her 10 little goofy/interesting facts about me

1. I like to cuddle and kiss
2. I like a woman to tickle my neck with her feet
3. like a woman to walk on my back
4. I'm a night owl
5. I bought my first cell phone in 2010
6.I like to read old magazines from the 70's
7. my favorite snack is nachos and cheese
8.I don't like meatloaf
9. I like to talk on the phone
10. I love going to cafe's

She sent a message back saying that it was TMI and that she was creelped out?????????????? I mean 2 and 3 is a litrtle goofy but besides that what was wrong with my list? She del.eted her profile right she told me she was creeped out. I'm confised, this is bizzarre

Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,991,263 times
2 and 3 sound like you've got a foot fetish

But it doesn't sound like she had much of a sense of humor.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:36 PM

629 posts, read 1,235,906 times
Number 2 and 3 kinda sound like fetishes so I guess she didn't want to stick around and see what other stuff you were into. Not saying they're fetishes. Just that It can percieved as such by people who have no idea if your a 50 year old slob with weird fetishes.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,431,172 times
2 and 3 creep ME out..especially 2! :/

Old 04-23-2011, 04:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,905,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
2 and 3 sound like you've got a foot fetish

But it doesn't sound like she had much of a sense of humor.
Yeah, it sounds to me he should be glad that she deleted herself. She might be very uptight.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:39 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,768,912 times
Even if 2 and 3 were a little silly, it's not a reason to reject some one. If she can't be creative enough to consider these silly things then you did not lose anything. Pizz on it and let her go in peace.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
But GOOFY is in my screen name so I figured number 2 and 3 would tie right into the screen name.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,471,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But GOOFY is in my screen name so I figured number 2 and 3 would tie right into the screen name.
Yeah, no. Not so much. Goofy kinda doesn't translate to #'s 2 & 3 for me. I would have been a bit creeped out too. I wouldn't have deleted my profile - but if it was her first foray into the online world and it was general emails between the two of you during the day and then she got hit with that list ... yeah, I could see where she would get spooked.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:58 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,986,627 times
Listing your personal favorites regarding close and/or sexual contact with a woman would do it.....if you had included 3 other examples instead that were generic so-to-speak, like the other 7, all would have been fine.

Most women are ALWAYS on guard for men who are inappropriate with focus on sex-related comments or innuendo from the start.

I agree with her...TMI.

quote=TVandSportsGuy;18857930]We met yesterday and been going back and forth on email on the site. So I gave her my email to contact me but she insisted on communicating on the site. So I sent her 10 little goofy/interesting facts about me

1. I like to cuddle and kiss
2. I like a woman to tickle my neck with her feet
3. like a woman to walk on my back
4. I'm a night owl
5. I bought my first cell phone in 2010
6.I like to read old magazines from the 70's
7. my favorite snack is nachos and cheese
8.I don't like meatloaf
9. I like to talk on the phone
10. I love going to cafe's

She sent a message back saying that it was TMI and that she was creelped out?????????????? I mean 2 and 3 is a litrtle goofy but besides that what was wrong with my list? She del.eted her profile right she told me she was creeped out. I'm confised, this is bizzarre[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships