Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,950,773 times

Advertisements

I was going so say . . . maybe he is simply just freaky - and is representing himself correctly. If that is the case, then his list is a perfect representation of himself and he shouldn't try to clean up his act because then he might fool some normal girl into getting into something with him and it would not be fair to her.

So better that he advertise his true, freaky self and the above advice is good: Join a fetish web site for nacho-eating meatloaf haters who like neck/foot tickling, etc.

They say there's someone for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 10:36 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,950,773 times
On that note, how did you get the last neck/foot tickler get away?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,019,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I was going so say . . . maybe he is simply just freaky - and is representing himself correctly. If that is the case, then his list is a perfect representation of himself and he shouldn't try to clean up his act because then he might fool some normal girl into getting into something with him and it would not be fair to her.

So better that he advertise his true, freaky self and the above advice is good: Join a fetish web site for nacho-eating meatloaf haters who like neck/foot tickling, etc.

Why, I think this is excellent advice!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,841,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
I say this with love.
From an objective viewpoint, this list screams LOSER!

1-3 have been addressed already so let's move on to 5-9.
Remember, she's painting an image of you in her mind with what you chose to reveal about yourself. This list made me envision a scenario:

FADE IN: 30 something year old man in his underwear (20+lbs. overweight cuz he luvs them nachos) sitting on a ratty couch eating nachos surrounded by out of date magazines with his mother yelling at him to come to the table and eat the 'damn' meatloaf. He hollers back that he 'ain't gonna eat her meatloaf no more!', whilst spewing out precious processed, cheesy nachos all over the tattered magazines.

When you write a profile or are just getting to know someone, keep what you say about yourself as positive and normal/safe as possible. I've seen plenty of profiles that were creative and funny but they were actually creative & funny. A lame joke or worse, one that makes YOU look lame is not working to your benefit.

What's the point of saying you just got a cell phone? Because it's conveying something possibly negative about you that you don't have money or much of a social life. This may or may not be true but this is the impression which is crucial. There is nothing wrong with being unique but if people are misreading you, then admit you can't express it well in written form so play it safe until you get to know someone well enough in person.

Also saying you like to talk on the phone is a pretty mundane fact & can be construed that you don't have many friends. I'd put it as, you love great conversations and tell them you have a goofy sense of humor. Don't expect them to figure it out just by a username.

9 emails is a lot for just having met someone a day ago. IM if you want to chat. One good email a day is enough.

Do you workout or play any sports? Do you have hobbies? What are your interests? Share that. Even things you want to do in the future and your dreams/goals. Do you like to travel? Where would be your dream destination? Single people aren't looking for someone to sit on the couch with eating nachos (even if it ends up that way %98 of the time)
Show her you work hard, have some ambition in life, you have values/morals, you're kind & considerate and interested in the world around you.
What you've described reminds me of a guy from Animal House or The Blues Brothers looking for a date....(now that's so 70's)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,136,780 times
I tried a fetish site but it was just filled up with freaks. I want to meet a regular girl who has the ability to be silly not really freaky

Old 04-23-2011, 10:41 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,019,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I tried a fetish site but it was just filled up with freaks. I want to meet a regular girl who has the ability to be silly not really freaky
Oh, pulease. Poop or get off the pot. Make up your mind. Make a normal list or a freakish one and just deal with it.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,484,702 times
Quote:
But your thoughts of silly are really not silly, Solomon. There is a long list of what you don't tolerate from shoe wear to tickling to walking on your back. I know you want a librarian type girl with glasses, etc. I think you need to be honest and write exactly what type of woman you're looking for. Put down that you want a woman that's into foot fetishes, who will dress up like a librarian and who will wear certain shoes for you. You need to be upfront with what you are looking for from the get-go so that women are not put off by you. You just might find that person if you're honest from the start.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:53 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,904,466 times
A lot of dating websites will act as though someone deleted their profile when you block them. She may have just blocked you.

Most women will be turned off if they know/gather that a guy has a fetish in the first place, even if it's one that they share. Trust me, here.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,199,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Quote:
We were emailing back and forth and it was 9 mails total that we sent each other. I would have preferred if I was emailing off the line but women are so paranoid online
TVSG, unfortunately, imcurious has a point.

If you want to continue *making things interesting*, then this is what I will say: What you want is what you got. You wanted to make things interesting, you got it. A girl creeped out and closed down her profile. Pretty interesting, huh?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:48 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,199,231 times
Quote:
The thing is that you got what you wanted. You got a girl who acted "silly" over your list. The title of your thread is " This woman I met online was creeped out and deleted her profile because I sent her this?????".

You might think she was a freak for doing this. I think she made you feel like a freak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships