Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,007,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
What magazines?
What subjects?
Why specifically the 70's?
Where does he acquire these magazines?

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just saying that entry gave me the most questions.
I'll let him answer, but the 70s were most definitely an interesting decade. The war, the music, the drugs, the counter culture. I was a product of the 70s. I don't know where he gets the mags, but I do imagine one can order them or read them at the library.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I'll let him answer, but the 70s were most definitely an interesting decade. The war, the music, the drugs, the counter culture. I was a product of the 70s. I don't know where he gets the mags, but I do imagine one can order them or read them at the library.

Newsweek, People, TV guide about the media, TV shows and sports from 1970-79

Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM

222 posts, read 419,723 times
Quote:
I was a product of the 70s.
Same here.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 PM

222 posts, read 419,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was thinking you like to "read" 70's Playboy magazines....but I digress.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,752,634 times
Quote:
I'm a fan of history
"History" to you is the 1970s?

Quote:
You've got to be kidding. If I didn't know earlier why you can't get beyond a first date, it is now very clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
I was thinking you like to "read" 70's Playboy magazines....but I digress.
Don't even go there where Grasshopper is concerned ...

Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 PM

461 posts, read 783,014 times
Quote:
We met yesterday and been going back and forth on email on the site. So I gave her my email to contact me but she insisted on communicating on the site. So I sent her 10 little goofy/interesting facts about me

1. I like to cuddle and kiss
2. I like a woman to tickle my neck with her feet
5. I bought my first cell phone in 2010
6.I like to read old magazines from the 70's
7. my favorite snack is nachos and cheese
8.I don't like meatloaf
9. I like to talk on the phone
3. like a woman to walk on my back
4. I'm a night owl

10. I love going to cafe's
I say this with love.
From an objective viewpoint, this list screams LOSER!

1-3 have been addressed already so let's move on to 5-9.
Remember, she's painting an image of you in her mind with what you chose to reveal about yourself. This list made me envision a scenario:

FADE IN: 30 something year old man in his underwear (20+lbs. overweight cuz he luvs them nachos) sitting on a ratty couch eating nachos surrounded by out of date magazines with his mother yelling at him to come to the table and eat the 'damn' meatloaf. He hollers back that he 'ain't gonna eat her meatloaf no more!', whilst spewing out precious processed, cheesy nachos all over the tattered magazines.

When you write a profile or are just getting to know someone, keep what you say about yourself as positive and normal/safe as possible. I've seen plenty of profiles that were creative and funny but they were actually creative & funny. A lame joke or worse, one that makes YOU look lame is not working to your benefit.

What's the point of saying you just got a cell phone? Because it's conveying something possibly negative about you that you don't have money or much of a social life. This may or may not be true but this is the impression which is crucial. There is nothing wrong with being unique but if people are misreading you, then admit you can't express it well in written form so play it safe until you get to know someone well enough in person.

Also saying you like to talk on the phone is a pretty mundane fact & can be construed that you don't have many friends. I'd put it as, you love great conversations and tell them you have a goofy sense of humor. Don't expect them to figure it out just by a username.

9 emails is a lot for just having met someone a day ago. IM if you want to chat. One good email a day is enough.

Do you workout or play any sports? Do you have hobbies? What are your interests? Share that. Even things you want to do in the future and your dreams/goals. Do you like to travel? Where would be your dream destination? Single people aren't looking for someone to sit on the couch with eating nachos (even if it ends up that way %98 of the time)
Show her you work hard, have some ambition in life, you have values/morals, you're kind & considerate and interested in the world around you.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 PM

Based on what I've seen STT resident, your relationship on CD with TVSG is toxic. That's all.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,478,715 times
Quote:
Now, now, I think you may be a bit harsh in using language like drivel. While I agree the list is far from perfect (and my own was criticized as well), I think the point is he is trying. I do agree the ideal would be to get out into the REAL world with REAL people but, alas, the days of the town square have passed. Meeting people isn't what it used to be and I think you must take that into account. These days everything is done on a much more "computerized" (for lack of a better word) level. It's a shame. Some enchanted evening (the song) really no longer applies.

Let's just hope that TVSG can sift through the messages and come up with an appropriate way to put his best foot forward, in whatever venue he chooses.
Please..you know nothing about TVSG like STT and others here. He has a foot and back fetish and has been given good advice here for numerous years and still is as clueless as when he started here.

Please go and read his threads and you'll come to another conclusion then you already have now.

Solomon, that list was not goofy but creepy. Change your ID name from Goofy to something else. No one will think it's a silly or fun name, not a grown person anyway.

I've suggested before and I'll suggest it again. You have alot of fetishes that you need to go onto a fetish date site and find your freaks. You're too far out there for a "normal" woman to take. You have way too many issues with yourself and your fetishes.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Please..you know nothing about TVSG like STT and others here. He has a foot and back fetish and has been given good advice here for numerous years and still is as clueless as when he started here..
I don't care if he is clueless, he still deserves respect and names like Grasshopper are not respectful. He does not deserve the smugness he gets here and, as an outsider, I can see it. Clearly, the guy struggles. He does not need to be condescended to by stt resident (intentionally lower cap) or anyone else.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
I say this with love.
From an objective viewpoint, this list screams LOSER!

1-3 have been addressed already so let's move on to 5-9.
Remember, she's painting an image of you in her mind with what you chose to reveal about yourself. This list made me envision a scenario:

FADE IN: 30 something year old man in his underwear (20+lbs. overweight cuz he luvs them nachos) sitting on a ratty couch eating nachos surrounded by out of date magazines with his mother yelling at him to come to the table and eat the 'damn' meatloaf. He hollers back that he 'ain't gonna eat her meatloaf no more!', whilst spewing out precious processed, cheesy nachos all over the tattered magazines.

When you write a profile or are just getting to know someone, keep what you say about yourself as positive and normal/safe as possible. I've seen plenty of profiles that were creative and funny but they were actually creative & funny. A lame joke or worse, one that makes YOU look lame is not working to your benefit.

What's the point of saying you just got a cell phone? Because it's conveying something possibly negative about you that you don't have money or much of a social life. This may or may not be true but this is the impression which is crucial. There is nothing wrong with being unique but if people are misreading you, then admit you can't express it well in written form so play it safe until you get to know someone well enough in person.

Also saying you like to talk on the phone is a pretty mundane fact & can be construed that you don't have many friends. I'd put it as, you love great conversations and tell them you have a goofy sense of humor. Don't expect them to figure it out just by a username.

9 emails is a lot for just having met someone a day ago. IM if you want to chat. One good email a day is enough.

Do you workout or play any sports? Do you have hobbies? What are your interests? Share that. Even things you want to do in the future and your dreams/goals. Do you like to travel? Where would be your dream destination? Single people aren't looking for someone to sit on the couch with eating nachos (even if it ends up that way %98 of the time)
Show her you work hard, have some ambition in life, you have values/morals, you're kind & considerate and interested in the world around you.
We were emailing back and forth and it was 9 mails total that we sent each other. I would have preferred if I was emailing off the line but women are so paranoid online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships