Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
What if I don't want to play games? I'm not good with games. I'm actually a really shy person and it's hard for me to meet and talk to others to begin with.
Take a step back, don't call but smile and be friendly if he looks your way or talks to you. Let him aproach you or not, just see how things go and don't get to stressed about it because if something is going to work out it will and if not, it won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
What if I don't want to play games? I'm not good with games. I'm actually a really shy person and it's hard for me to meet and talk to others to begin with.
Life is a game, honey. And don't believe anybody who tries to convince you otherwise. But you can do whatever you wish, of course.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So you support my observation of "It's too soon to tell" ?
Pretty much. If she wants to do what almost no girl does and take the initiative to approach him, give him a call, ask him out, etc. then let her go for it. The guy will either accept or not. We don't know how he will react or if he's simply interested in her at all.

Too soon to tell, yup.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:20 PM

640 posts, read 1,732,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Take a step back, don't call but smile and be friendly if he looks your way or talks to you. Let him aproach you or not, just see how things go and don't get to stressed about it because if something is going to work out it will and if not, it won't.
I agree with this approach. All you know is that mayyybe you'd like something more. Get ahold of yourself. It's far too early to get the "oneitis." This is NOT the only guy that could rock your world. There are PLENTY of cute guys out there- don't forget that. I would determinedly go out and meet people. I know it's easier to say this than actually do it. I've been in your position before where a guy's actions (especially if he ignores you) gnaw at your brain. Knowing what I know now, I would have done this. You don't belong to anyone- don't make him a priority if you can tell it's not being reciprocated. Don't fall for men's little "gaming tricks" either. Reward actions you like and be aloof when he does things you don't like.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
don't make him a priority if you can tell it's not being reciprocated
Definitely. Or as the original saying goes: NEVER MAKE SOMEONE A PRIORITY WHEN YOU ARE ONLY AN OPTION!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:26 PM

550 posts, read 984,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
I agree with this approach. All you know is that mayyybe you'd like something more. Get ahold of yourself. It's far too early to get the "oneitis." This is NOT the only guy that could rock your world. There are PLENTY of cute guys out there- don't forget that. I would determinedly go out and meet people. I know it's easier to say this than actually do it. I've been in your position before where a guy's actions (especially if he ignores you) gnaw at your brain. Knowing what I know now, I would have done this. You don't belong to anyone- don't make him a priority if you can tell it's not being reciprocated. Don't fall for men's little "gaming tricks" either. Reward actions you like and be aloof when he does things you don't like.

I don't believe or know he is "the one", but I do like talking to him and hanging out with him. All semester long, we have been like study buddies w/ benefits(only flirting lol). And now he was talking to someone else on the phone and possibly ignoring me. In the class before that we talked and we talked on the phone. So I don't know if I want to ask him out(I'm too shy to do that), but I do want to call him. He did say to call him.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
So don't call him(even though he wants me to call him)? What if he thinks I'm ignoring him and ignores me after class again?

Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
So don't call him(even though he wants me to call him)? What if he thinks I'm ignoring him and ignores me after class again?
Then its his job to not be so "rude" to a lady who he is suppose to be interested in a phone call from....seriously, let him make the call. He seems to be the one with the attitude.. You sure you wanna get involved with THAT?

Old 04-20-2011, 05:35 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
It's just one of those mysteries I guess. What if it rains? what if it doesn't rain? That doesn't hold you from going out, right? You go out and if it rains, then you'll do something about it, if it doesn't rain, then how nice.

Well, just do something with this guy. Either approach him, call him, or whatever or jsut let it go and if you see him with another girl then accept it as it is and learn from not taking the initiative if that was the case with him.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It's just one of those mysteries I guess. What if it rains? what if it doesn't rain? That doesn't hold you from going out, right? You go out and if it rains, then you'll do something about it, if it doesn't rain, then how nice.

Well, just do something with this guy. Either approach him, call him, or whatever or jsut let it go and if you see him with another girl then accept it as it is and learn from not taking the initiative if that was the case with him.

Well what I'm wondering is if I don't call him and show interest in him, he's not going to show any in me in return and he could be interested in another girl too(which doesn't make him a player). So I lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships