Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm the only goof ball in my crew that spends time on message boards. Trust me, my friends look at me like I have a screw loose when I mention these boards. I always get "you're still doing that?" And you are the one who is clueless if you think your worldview encompasses men from all walks. It's not only clueless but pretty self-involved. Further, I had a twin brother. I came into this world wrapped in the arms of a male and by default couldn't have been closer to another human being, so I'm not going to buy into claims that since you have a penis you can speak for all men. And you speak for all women to boot, which only really speaks to your delusions.
I don't want that guy speaking for me. My unworldly views are not coming from his mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh nonsense. Women love humour. My husband adores my sense of humour, that was one of the things that he found attractive about me.

Your gross generalisations are hardly accurate and they appear to come from a deep seated sense of bitterness towards women for whatever reason.

Complaining about the opposite sex is deadly serious for most women? What planet do you come from? Been watching too much junk TV I suspect
Djuna!! Why did U leab me?!!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't want that guy speaking for me. My unworldly views are not coming from his mouth!
I suspect he will ignore your rebelling against him as your mouthpiece, as well as every other man and woman on this board and beyond.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Holy cow...you are SO wrong. Most of the newly-divorced men I've known in my lifetime, and that's usually late 30s to mid or late 40s, look to hook up more or less immediately...they really feel that hole in their lives.

On the other hand, while many newly-divorced 20s or 30s women I've known did want a new relationship -- usually because of the children, women in their 40s generally have NOT wanted another marriage by any means -- they are so completely done, at least for a while, with cleaning up after kids and a husband! They don't need a new husband to take care of. They just want to finally relax and actually have a relationship that's just for them, just for their happiness and that's it; no "and hey, look at all the stuff I can do for you!" necessary this time around. That's been my experience.
That's been my experience too, especially after my children were young adults and it became clear that I wasn't look for/didn't need a father figure. Having a man in my life just seemed like a chore.

A lot of divorced men remarry very quickly. They remarry a lot sooner and more often than divorced women.

My husband was super eager to marry me and now I know why: He really needed a wife!

Last edited by boodhabunny; 08-17-2011 at 06:35 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
That's been my experience too, especially after my children were young adults and it became clear that I wasn't look for/didn't need a father figure. Having a man in my life just seemed like a chore.

A lot of divorced men remarry very quickly. They remarry a lot sooner and more often than divorced women.

My husband was super eager to marry me and now I know why: He really needed a wife!
Yep, that's what the stats tell. Men tend to get back in the saddle at expedient rates. My dad was remarried within two years of divorcing my mom. My mom, OTOH, waited 20+ years. She had my step dad in her life all that time, but was adamant about not remarrying. Eventually, obviously, she decided to do so. While I love my step-dad, he is a pain in the arse lol. Eh, at least they have each other.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I believe it's a misconception that older women don't have as many opportunities to remarry. They do, it's just that they often choose not to go down that path again.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
So what does this prove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Because they can!

The original question was: Are older women more desperate than men? Since men have such an easy time getting remarried - multiple times if they like being repeatedly financially skinned - how can they be desperate? I know some guys who remarried but most would never consider it again. Older single guys are also happy to remain single. The words got around to most.

Of course, I don't hang with the type of guys who are so clueless that they must have a woman in their life, just to get by. I'm sure that many of the guys I went to HS with fit into that category and women should be wary. However, far too many are desperate.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Something is missing in the analyses here.

I don't know too many remarried people, myself. But the types that are being described are people I would run, not walk, from...............

Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Only those stupid enough to get married. Other men think they deserve what they get.
Enough with the misogyny already. If anyone around here deserves what he gets, it's you with your grossly transparent loneliness, anger, and bitterness over having gotten dumped back in the early Mesozoic. Get over it.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
So what does this prove?

Because they can!
It's just so ridiculous. Are you honest with yourself about anything when it comes to the sexes?

Quote:
The original question was: Are older women more desperate than men? Since men have such an easy time getting remarried - multiple times if they like being repeatedly financially skinned - how can they be desperate? I know some guys who remarried but most would never consider it again. Older single guys are also happy to remain single. The words got around to most.

Of course, I don't hang with the type of guys who are so clueless that they must have a woman in their life, just to get by. I'm sure that many of the guys I went to HS with fit into that category and women should be wary. However, far too many are desperate.
Yes you do hang with them and yes you are one of them, but you are what happens on the extreme end. I don't know how you cannot see that you are fixated on women. Far more fixated than any of the lonely hearts starting threads on this forum.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Enough with the misogyny already. If anyone around here deserves what he gets, it's you with your grossly transparent loneliness, anger, and bitterness over having gotten dumped back in the early Mesozoic. Get over it.
I usually don't reference movies, but I'm reminded of that movie grumpy old men. Left to their own devices they get weird lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships