Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM

313 posts, read 407,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Yes of course it's BS. :eyeroll emote:

The average white woman is attracted to a white man because he displays the right level of masculinity for her. that level simply isn't enough for many black women, which is why they aren't interested in dating white men.

Funny thing, I have seen multiple posts from white men here on CD asserting that white women are more feminine that black women, and that is why they find white women more attractive. That seems to be all well and good until we examine the flipside- that black men are more masculine than white men.

Can't have it both ways, folks!

I don't know where you get your hairbrained ideas from, besides from some sort of prejudice that is built into you.

Black women are attracted to white men, just as much as white women are. you seem to have some idea that all black women are in this set you percieve, well, guess what.. you are wrong.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 AM

32,186 posts, read 34,892,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whatever I posted on the thread and you conveniently ignored, obviously. Anyway, no biggie. I've no horse in this race at all.
Conveniently ignored? Now somebody's really giving herself too much credit.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,466,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
I don't know where you get your hairbrained ideas from, besides from some sort of prejudice that is built into you.

Black women are attracted to white men, just as much as white women are. you seem to have some idea that all black women are in this set you percieve, well, guess what.. you are wrong.
No they aren't. People generally find their own race to be the most attractive.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
No they aren't. People generally find their own race to be the most attractive.

Yeah they are. You have one giant failure in your belief all the interacial couples out there.. which of course are growing at a rapid rate.

Plus, you have the fact, that like me, I don't find black men attractive as a whole. I wont date black men, and I know many other that are like me. It also has nothing to do with anything being wrong with them, it is as people we like what we like.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,906,302 times
This thread was taking over... lol. I don't really know where to start... so I'll go back to the OP and just comment on that.

I think its great that black women feel comfortable and empowered enough to actively pursue men of other races. Most black men I know do not like it. But I have no problem with it overall and generally.

Having said that. I would not want my daughter to marry or date anything but a black man. I would never say that to her and ultimately would want her to find any man who treats her right. I just prefer it to be a black man, if its not I'll be perfectly ok with that too. But that would be my preference if I had a choice.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,703,634 times
Quote:

No they aren't. Not even close.

Quote:
Yeah they are. You have one giant failure in your belief all the interacial couples out there.. which of course are growing at a rapid rate.

Plus, you have the fact, that like me, I don't find black men attractive as a whole. I wont date black men, and I know many other that are like me. It also has nothing to do with anything being wrong with them, it is as people we like what we like.
So it is ok for you to not be attracted to black men, but when I say that "many" (I never said "all", I said "many") black women aren't attracted to white men your panties get all bunched up?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
No they aren't. Not even close.

So it is ok for you to not be attracted to black men, but when I say that "many" (I never said "all", I said "many") black women aren't attracted to white men your panties get all bunched up?
and there are alot of others that are attracted to white men just like me. Just because you don't want it to be so, doesnt make it that way.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:51 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,618,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
RICHMOND, Va. - For years, Toinetta Jones played the dating game by her mom's strict rule.

"Mom always told me, 'Don't you ever bring a white man home,'" recalled Jones, echoing an edict issued by many Southern, black mothers.

But at 37, the Alexandria divorcee has shifted to dating "anyone who asks me out," regardless of race.

"I don't sit around dreaming about the perfect black man I'm going to marry," Jones said.

Black women around the country also are reconsidering deep-seated reservations toward interracial relationships, reservations rooted in America's history of slavery and segregation.

More black women consider 'dating out' - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Not news to me. I see it all the time. However FAR more white women are more apt to date out than black women. 68% of caucasian men who are single and likely to remain single and never marry. And the number of white women dating or marrying black men is DRAMATICALLY increasing

If you're a male of any other race you've got a good shot. If you're white dont waste your time with any women, unless you have a nice fat bank account

Old 08-23-2011, 04:24 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,703,634 times
Quote:
and there are alot of others that are attracted to white men just like me. Just because you don't want it to be so, doesnt make it that way.
Once again, I said MANY and not all. Personally I date a lot of different types (see my thread "He has a small problem, a very small problem" from a month ago as proof).

It doesn't make what I'm saying any less true!

Sorry it upsets you, but the truth stings sometimes.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,514,436 times
Quote:
Once again, I said MANY and not all. Personally I date a lot of different types (see my thread "He has a small problem, a very small problem" from a month ago as proof).

It doesn't make what I'm saying any less true!

Sorry it upsets you, but the truth stings sometimes.

And you've yet to prove it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.