Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
At least you can always give them the Mom Curse - that they have kids like them.

My mom always said that.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times

Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
Maybe you're turning into a Taoist monk - their goal is to UN-learn as much as possible, to return to a natural, simple state of being.

Neptune save and protect you, my friend.
I find I don't miss the big house and cars and all that junk at all. People have asked why I haven't replaced that stuff and a truth I have come to learn is I never cared about it anyways. My recent time has been spent doing what must be done. I have completed the division of assets and moved my wifes share into her trust and that ended the mechanics of the divorce. I have tended my mom in her need and settled her estate as much as can be done. All ties are now ended. I am bound to no thing or place. I am where I feared to be and come to realize a lot of what I feared was based on losing ephemeral things I never really had anyways or assets that represented nothing more than a check in a box under a list that could be titled "Things that are expected" I am learning and that learning has been in many ways a humbling experience.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 AM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I find I don't miss the big house and cars and all that junk at all. People have asked why I haven't replaced that stuff and a truth I have come to learn is I never cared about it anyways. My recent time has been spent doing what must be done. I have completed the division of assets and moved my wifes share into her trust and that ended the mechanics of the divorce. I have tended my mom in her need and settled her estate as much as can be done. All ties are now ended. I am bound to no thing or place. I am where I feared to be and come to realize a lot of what I feared was based on losing ephemeral things I never really had anyways or assets that represented nothing more than a check in a box under a list that could be titled "Things that are expected" I am learning and that learning has been in many ways a humbling experience.
Great post.

I'm finding some of this happening to me as well. I'm slowly starting to let go of some material things. I still like a few little gizmo's or gadgets, but for the most part, I find that I don't "need" anything.

This becomes more apparent each yr during Christmas time, We do a family name draw and buy gifts for each other, so we need to come up with a "list" for the other person.

Each yr I struggle with this, cause I just don't care about things. I usually end up putting the same ol crap from last yr, or should I say mrs.Chow ends up forwarding over the same ol list.

Movie gift certificates
T-shirts
socks

Things like that.....

Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Great Peter on a pogo stick, we're gonna have to start a C-D Taoists Society.

...dibs on NOT being President!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Great Peter on a pogo stick, we're gonna have to start a C-D Taoists Society.

...dibs on NOT being President!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007
(pic)
That's from the CDTS Manual, ch.7/p.34/para. 3/line 4.

Great find!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 AM

From History's Greatest Replies: drmardy.com

From 1950 to 1961, Groucho Marx's "You Bet Your Life" was one of the most popular shows on television. In addition to being a perfect vehicle for Groucho's quick wit, the show featured several gimmicks that became part of television history (a little bird that appeared whenever a contestant uttered "the magic word" and the question, "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?"). Shot before a live audience, Groucho would typically interview contestants for a short while before moving onto the quiz portion of the show. However, so many of Groucho's quips were off-color or risqué that it generally took to up to two hours to produce enough suitable material for a half-hour show. One night, a contestant revealed that he was the father of ten children. When Groucho asked "Why so many children?" the man answered, "Well, Groucho, I love my wife." Marx hesitated for a moment, panned to the audience in his inimitable manner, and then delivered one of the most famous lines never to be actually broadcast on the show:
"I love my cigar,
but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

Old 06-28-2011, 02:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
And just think, if he'd loved his wife with his mouth, he would not have had 10 kids.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:13 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
And just think, if he'd loved his wife with his mouth, he would not have had 10 kids.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships