Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,058,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Aloe gel!!
I thought about it, but I need to ramble about something for a minute.

Old people. Seriously, stop driving in parking lots. You can't see anything and I have the right of way at all times!

Today I almost got slammed by 2 cars coming out of there spots on both sides of me, AND THEY WERE BOTH OLD PEOPLE DRIVERS! What did they do? They didn't look at what was behind them, and drove off.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to know what would have happened to my legs had I not been fast enough to dive in one of the carts to get away.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,779,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
My arms be burning!
Mmmmm, throw some butter on those arms and you'll be good enough to eat.

Frog's arms are surely just as good as frog's legs

Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Mmmmm, throw some butter on those arms and you'll be good enough to eat.

Frog's arms are surely just as good as frog's legs
But I'd rather you throw butter on..Wait, no! No I wouldn't want you eating that either!

No I'm not throwing butter on nothin'!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:45 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Okay....what the heck is going on with this forum lately? Dum@azz kids posting nothing but crapola, and every other post of mine getting deleted.

I know I haven't been here much lately, but geeez...is anyone else noticing this? Is it just me?
Quote:
We all have our breaking point ChessieMom and when we do, our posts are deleted. But yeah, I have definitely noticed the kids are over posting with their know-it-all attitudes lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Quite a lot of that thread was deleted, Chessie and Djuna.

Not to be snarky, but you know how to use the ignore feature. If your gripe is that immature kids are posting for attention, then don't give it to them.
Quote:
Oh they aren't posting for attention at all. They are posting because they believe they have something to contribute. And the ignore feature is really only good for pesky fly by nighters. The amount of posts and the fact threads become inundated means ignoring people changes the flow of the thread. There's really not much you can do about them apart from wait until they cook a bit longer...like in about 10 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I guess I feel like CD should be above such nonsense. By allowing so many garbage posts and threads on here, it really makes it a far less uselful and enjoyable forum.

Just my two cents.
It's quite obvious to me that I don't poke around CD that much. I hit my SFs then I'm out.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:48 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,691,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I thought about it, but I need to ramble about something for a minute.

Old people. Seriously, stop driving in parking lots. You can't see anything and I have the right of way at all times!

Today I almost got slammed by 2 cars coming out of there spots on both sides of me, AND THEY WERE BOTH OLD PEOPLE DRIVERS! What did they do? They didn't look at what was behind them, and drove off.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to know what would have happened to my legs had I not been fast enough to dive in one of the carts to get away.
Old people driving?? Try living in Tampa Bay!!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Old people driving?? Try living in Tampa Bay!!
I assume that as I go further south, more old people show up. I guess warmer climates makes for easier old people movement.

I"m either going to go waaaaaay south, stay here, or waaaaay north, to get away from all the old people.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,491,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Lets ask George about this.... I'm posting a link instead of the video since there is adult language and content which some may find offensive.

george carlin - children - Bing Videos
I LOVE George! He's right. We never had to wear helmets, make sure our pjs were fireproof or our parents knew where we were all the time. I know the world has changed but I do agree with him to a certain point.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:04 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,691,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I LOVE George! He's right. We never had to wear helmets, make sure our pjs were fireproof or our parents knew where we were all the time. I know the world has changed but I do agree with him to a certain point.
I grew up in Queens NY didn't know what a helmet was! Fastfoward 20 years and I'm raising my kids in Florida,and my Mother is on my ass why don't I make my kids wear helmets when they are biking up and down my 200 ft driveway? Maybe cause they are more likely to die of heatstroke from a plastic helmet!!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:37 PM

10,183 posts, read 20,846,051 times
Quote:
I grew up in Queens NY didn't know what a helmet was! Fastfoward 20 years and I'm raising my kids in Florida,and my Mother is on my ass why don't I make my kids wear helmets when they are biking up and down my 200 ft driveway? Maybe cause they are more likely to die of heatstroke from a plastic helmet!!
Same here. My friends and I used to play tackle football in the middle of the street with no equipment or helmet. Rode bikes in the streets of Brooklyn and Queens with no helmet, played with fire works on July 4th and in winter we'd sit on a garbage can cover when there was ice on the street and grap onto a car bumper at the stop sign to go for a ride. Every day was a new scrape, bruise, or gash. Not one of us got killed.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:56 PM

17,655 posts, read 22,745,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Same here. My friends and I used to play tackle football in the middle of the street with no equipment or helmet. Rode bikes in the streets of Brooklyn and Queens with no helmet, played with fire works on July 4th and in winter we'd sit on a garbage can cover when there was ice on the street and grap onto a car bumper at the stop sign to go for a ride. Every day was a new scrape, bruise, or gash. Not one of us got killed.
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin we hitch hiked sitting on the back bumper of cars that had continental kits, or holding onto the back of step vans.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships