Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,484,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin we hitch hiked sitting on the back bumper of cars that had continental kits, or holding onto the back of step vans.

OMG, weren't those the days! We used to sit in the back of open trucks and have a great time! No one ever got hurt! And we didn't need helmets or seat belts. I can even remember when we could drink and drive. Open up a can of beer and put it between your legs while driving. Ahh, the good old days!

Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,484,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
LOL everyone has got that email about how we used to ride in the truck IN BACK never wore helmets on the bikes and all that. Like most comedians george used a lot of hyperbole. The whole it's all about kids thing has done nothing but give us adults who think it's all about them. Entitlement and a lack of responsibility for their actions (i.e. I did something stupid so I should be able to sue) are seen in a whole lot of posts here.
Those really were the days when we didn't worry about safety so much. We did alot of stupid things that I cringe now but if you had a tad of common sense, everything turned out fine.

The funny thing is that today, the kids have the lack of responsibility and entitlement but they weren't as happy and carefree as we were and we had tons of responsibility. And entitlement...phew..we'd get our azzes kicked if we thought we were all that. Set us back into reality.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 AM

17,650 posts, read 22,702,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
OMG, weren't those the days! We used to sit in the back of open trucks and have a great time! No one ever got hurt! And we didn't need helmets or seat belts. I can even remember when we could drink and drive. Open up a can of beer and put it between your legs while driving. Ahh, the good old days!

Yep, that's the truth. I have wonderful memories from the ol' 'Days'.

hahaha

I love these 'Days' too, though. Some great fishin' & boonie campin',beautiful scenery, observing wild critters, etc.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:39 AM

37,721 posts, read 46,186,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrowrr!

That's the first toon I've fallen for since since Bugs Bunny started dressing in drag, plus of course the immortal Little Annie Fannie ...
You have no idea how MANY guys I've talked to that freely admit that they adore, nay LOVE, Jessica Rabbit.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 AM

37,721 posts, read 46,186,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Bugs drag or not is a favorite.

Bugs in Mae West... Well that is a cartoon for sure.
I love Bugs Bunny...and Roadrunner as well. I never ever tire of them.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,278,742 times
Hey, buddies! Sorry to have worried some of you. That's why I'm responding to all of you here. Somebody even thought it was highly unusual not to "see" me for a couple of days!

This time the reason for the absence was pleasant.

I was doing that:

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/jest...-tourism-a.jpg

As I'm a jinx and the last couple of times I took time off things turned from bad to horrible, I'd decided to no longer talk about vacation plans beforehand.

What have I missed? I saw you were talking about a picture of lil' Helen, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the previous (closed) thread I haven't read. Hope everything is peachy with everybody.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,777,956 times
Welcome back.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,278,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Welcome back.
Thanks, JJ.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,595,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
LOL everyone has got that email about how we used to ride in the truck IN BACK never wore helmets on the bikes and all that. Like most comedians george used a lot of hyperbole. The whole it's all about kids thing has done nothing but give us adults who think it's all about them. Entitlement and a lack of responsibility for their actions (i.e. I did something stupid so I should be able to sue) are seen in a whole lot of posts here.
How is that a generation that grew up driving the car while sitting on grandpa's lap; never wore helmets, knee pads, elbow pads while riding a bike; where seatbelts were for stuffing under the seat; riding in the back of pick-up trucks; where your parents didn't know where you were every stinking minute; become a generation of paranoid safety, GPS tracking nazis?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,595,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, buddies! Sorry to have worried some of you. That's why I'm responding to all of you here. Somebody even thought it was highly unusual not to "see" me for a couple of days!

This time the reason for the absence was pleasant.

I was doing that:

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/jest...-tourism-a.jpg

As I'm a jinx and the last couple of times I took time off things turned from bad to horrible, I'd decided to no longer talk about vacation plans beforehand.

What have I missed? I saw you were talking about a picture of lil' Helen, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the previous (closed) thread I haven't read. Hope everything is peachy with everybody.
Jinxes. Foreigners are funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships