Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM

2,626 posts, read 3,435,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
You are wonderful. What a guy!! Ahhhh if only there were more guys like you around!

Thank you so much for your kind compliments here and in the Direct Messages area! (you boosted my rankings on this forum, at that). You appear to be someone that I'd like to know or be involved with. But, if I recall reading your posts, you already are a married woman. So I'll have to envy your husband for his good fortune is meeting and mating with you (as Rod Stewart sang: "Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, . . . ").

Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,903,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Well said!!! I agree completely. And it can go both ways too (eg the lady who posted the thread about "not wanting her husband sexually because of weight gain.")
Well, that IS a bit of a different issue from the general farting issue. I do understand that you're very young and have expectations of remaining a virgin until you marry (which is all well and good) but surely you can at least begin to understand a scenario where a spouse's obesity can be a turn-off?

I've seen this so many times over so many years. The couple marries with all good intent of doing the whole "until death us do part" routine. As the years go by, one or the other who started off svelte and fit turns into a very large parody of itself. It's a creeping routine. One or the other ends up being an obese blob and sometimes both do, in which case they sometimes manage.

However, when one of the partners remains relatively trim, the gap between them because of the weight issue eventually becomes oppressive in many cases and very often leads to a total meltdown. You can't be expected to understand that at your tender age.

Back on topic to farts!

Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM

18,269 posts, read 25,981,227 times
After reading all 132 posts on this thread, I suddenly realize I have way too much time on my hands!

On the other hand, man I'm lovin' this thread!! Yeppirs!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:12 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,821,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
What is your take on this
maybe you should try having a whistle installed, if it bothers you?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:29 PM

7,965 posts, read 11,756,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Thank you so much for your kind compliments here and in the Direct Messages area! (you boosted my rankings on this forum, at that). You appear to be someone that I'd like to know or be involved with. But, if I recall reading your posts, you already are a married woman. So I'll have to envy your husband for his good fortune is meeting and mating with you (as Rod Stewart sang: "Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, . . . ").
Thank you so much for your kind remarks...I am honored that you feel that way. Same here. You seem like the very kind of person who would fit beautifully in my circle of friends. Yes, I am married....29 1/2 years, to my dear friend. I am also glad I could do my part to increase your ranking!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,666,764 times
Quote:
I want women too much to allow myself to get hung up over such inconsequential matters.
Ah...I see.

A wise man once told me to beware of those little peccadilloes that we don't mind when first we meet a lovely lady, for after we are together for some time those very same traits that "we don't mind" are now causing us to feel the edge of the kitchen knife with our thumb while staring longingly at her neck.

Quote:
The point is: I certainly don't hold passing gas or having to relieve oneself, or having periods, or having to blow or clear one's nose or throat, and other biological functions against any woman -- nor should they hold it against me for the same (if they are truly mature and thoughtful, caring and appreciative adults; i.e., appreciative enough to not so readily let go of a good thing over something like the need to engage in one's necessary biological functions).
Perhaps my writing is too oblique - it wouldn't be the first time.

I don't hold farting against a person if it's an accident. I do if it's intentional, in a crowded public place.

When I was a child my mother took me to the Statue of Liberty, and we proceeded to climb the stairs to the top. Unfortunately, there was a muy grande woman directly above us on our long climb who had a very gaseous demeanor. Trapped in the copper-clad oven that was Lady Liberty and forced to inhale those noxious vapors for so long has perhaps tainted my viewpoints a wee bit.

Yes, I held it against that woman. If it was intentional, definitely. If not, it was still poor timing - I'm sure her gastrointestinal distress didn't appear out of thin air, but gave ample warning before she started her climb.

As for nose-blowing, throat-clearing, etc. - they're dirty habits when performed in certain public places, plain and simple.

I don't care if I was hooked-up with {insert name of whatever current sex symbol you identify with} - if she was doing that constantly and wondering why I reacted the way I did, I'd be long gone. I can't like a woman if I don't like what she does.

There's always more fish in the sea - and they don't ALL act like scavengers.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:26 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,933,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Really??? We can't be human and accidentally fart in front of you?? What happens when you do that in front of a woman?
Please read all my previuos posts before you decide to call meout. Im not going to answer your questions as I have already adressed both the accidental fart and the male/female double standard in previous posts, infact more than once.

Quote:
An amusing story to share with you:

Around 30 years ago (either 1981 or 1982), I was taking a municipal transit authority bus in the U.S. metro area I lived in from the city's downtown to a small college campus in the northern suburbs about 12 miles north of the city’s downtown (perhaps a 30-40-minute bus ride) and the ONLY passengers on the bus were myself (then a young male in my later 20s) and a very attractive, lovely, and poised and shapely young blond woman (likely 19-21 in age, though I don't know for sure) who was dressed very well and stylishly. She was going up to the campus for an admissions interview, I believe. We were both sitting in the middle of the bus near one another and talking on this trip up to the college campus (and again, we were the only passengers in the entire bus). I noticed she had a lovely fragrance (perfume) that she was obviously wearing and I said something to her like “Hmm, I love that smell or fragrance. What is that called?” And at just about the exact same time that those words were forming and coming out of my mouth, I noticed a very strong horrid odor permeating the air all around us. It was obvious that she had silently passed gas and it was very, very strong. Yet I played totally cool and, as I was saying ““Hmm, I love that smell or fragrance. What is that called?” while noticing her horrid odor, she seemed somewhat meek and said something like “It’s ‘Chanel’s Unspoken’” or “It’s called “Evening in Paris’” or however she responded (I don’t exactly remember her exact words, years later). I didn’t mention or bring up her obvious odorous emission AT ALL and didn’t show any sign that I noticed it AT ALL (though who wouldn’t notice it unless your sense of smell was severly damaged or you were dead?!!???), and, at the moment that it permeated the atmosphere all around us, I was complimenting her on how she smelled and said that I loved it and how wonderful it was! Is that magical timing or what? And it was very good fortune for her to have her fragrance/perfume that she was wearing to take the spotlight off of her odorous emission (though I would have never, ever mentioned it nor shown any sign that I noticed it at all). And at that point, the bus arrived at the college campus and I cheerfully wished her the very best in her interview and we departed. And, despite that odorous episode, I found her lovely and attractive and would have made out with and made love with her anytime. She still had all her feminine, womanly appeal and had a sweet personality.

You see, people, I am a mature and intelligent person who is not flustered by such things (whether at a young age such as my teens or 20s or whether now as a 57-year-old man . . . being on the precipice of the senior years). If I have an aversion to or hangup regarding certain physical bodily functions (like I used to have regarding people blowing their nose in front of me . . . with all the mucus, snot, et al being heard while they were blowing), I rationally think it through and acknowledge to myself that you can’t reasonably hold others to a standard that you yourself can't necessarily always live up to and deliver on as well and that you can’t reasonably hold people’s biological functions against them (after all, we didn’t create ourselves or make ourselves this way; it is how we were all made and you have to accommodate and live with it) and then I drop the hangup of mine and learn to accept such biological functions as part of the natural order (this is how we were all created to be by our Creator or by nature . . . whatever it is you believe as to how we all got here and how and why we are the way we are). I move on from it to the next preoccupation and learn to still recognize the inherent attractiveness and appeal of the woman -- if she has whatever degree of attractiveness and appeal in the first place (after all, don’t YOU want or hope for the opposite sex person you are with to be forgiving and accepting of you for YOUR inadvertent or unplanned biological episodes and hope that they shall not lose all feelings of appeal and attraction toward YOU because of it?). I try to always treat people the same way that I would want to be treated (as best as I can, though we might all come up short at some time or other).
I dont know freind, judgeing by your " id eat her doody" remark, maybe you DID find the smell of her fart appealing! No, no im just kiddin. That was a very entertaining and amusing story.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,733,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Oh my gosh, everyone who is looking for the "perfect one" should watch this video. I'm going to get back later and see what his other videos are all about. Great speaker and excellent message! Thanks for sharing!

It's all about picking your battles and knowing that there IS no such thing as a "perfect" person. There's something wrong in a relationship when you can't "let your guard down", eventually. What kind of relationship do you have with another person when you have to maintain that perfect facade? This comes right down to the guys who think their women should look as picture perfect as they did when they first started dating them...spend that 30 min on the make up, another 30 on the hair, an hour picking out and trying on the clothes to get to the outfit that is the most appealing. Newsflash...on those dates, you were seeing the "going out" woman. There was probably always that "staying in" woman in her all along....you just didn't see that person. When you were dating, you might have seen her once or twice a week. It gets damn tiresome (and EXPENSIVE), to have to doll up every day. It's also damned demeaning to a woman to think that the guy she fell in love with...didn't fall in love with the REAL her....the one without makeup or curled hair. Some people fall in love with an "image" of a person. Well, it's not love and it never was, if you're not in love with the person who's underneath the wrappings.
Langauge was a bit "rough" in this video. I lost interest, quick.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:42 AM

513 posts, read 901,339 times
you would not last in my house, my wife farts almost as much as our daughters and I do. she tries to be subtle about it, but she does it. it is a normal bodily function, just get over it.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,756,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post

Langauge was a bit "rough" in this video. I lost interest, quick.
Admittedly, he used some rough language, but I stuck with it and definitely got the point he was trying to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.