Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,839,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Just because someone doesn't have sex doesn't mean they're prude.

I'm not a prude. I just don't have sex. It's a decision.

And it's disgusting for a girl to fart in front of a boy.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard a girl my age fart.
For someone who's never had sexual relations (whether by choice, as you assert, or otherwise) and never even heard a girl (your age ) fart, you certainly have an awful lot of firm opinions on both subjects, not to mention many others with which you've no experience whatsoever. And you certainly repeat them as much as humanly possible on every conceivable thread.

I wish I still had a book which was a great delight to me many years ago. It was the true story of a Frenchman, a M. Pujal, as I recall, who was renown through the vaudeville circuit in Europe because of his amazing farting artistry. Apparently because of a physical anomaly he was able to pull in air through his anus and would then expel it musically, from classical to jazz and everything in between. He was a most successful entertainer with a huge following.

There's a time and a place for farting for sure but I don't understand some of this nonsensical hypersensitivity about farting in general being "disgusting". There are very few human beings on this planet who haven't let one off unintentionally once in a while. Get a dog and blame it on the pooch ...

PS: Here you go - his name was Joseph PujOl and here's the info on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Pétomane

Last edited by STT Resident; 06-05-2011 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Added update

Old 06-05-2011, 10:39 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,045,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I just use it as an opportunity to get in some exercise. If one of us passes gas loudly, we will both instantly start running towards the nearest exit. Or to make it more fun, the person who farted will chase the other person out the exit. If he or she is smart (and fast), they won't get caught. Good times.

Disclaimer : Don't always be a pig.
The number of times I've seen grocery aisles evacuated of shoppers because an old lady kept tooting had me mystified until I realized they used their lack of sphincter control to an advantage. If they started at one end of the aisle and crop dusted the entire route, they could peruse the peas and carrots in peace and not let the busier shoppers move them along until they made the choice between Del Monte and Bird's Eye.

Btw, I've been on City Data for years; even before it had these General forums. This is one of the funniest threads I've read

Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,654,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
PS: Here you go - his name was Joseph PujOl and here's the info on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Pétomane
Ha, ha - Le Petomane - I read about him back in my teen years when I was big into conjuring. I was never able to include his specialty into my act though - but I'll bet the little kids in my audiences would have loved it!

Speaking of which...isn't it funny how little kids all think farts are hilarious, and they'll spend hours making fart sounds with their mouths and hands, but as soon as they "mature" they (usually) stop doing that? What happens?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:54 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Ha, ha - Le Petomane - I read about him back in my teen years when I was big into conjuring. I was never able to include his specialty into my act though - but I'll bet the little kids in my audiences would have loved it!

Speaking of which...isn't it funny how little kids all think farts are hilarious, and they'll spend hours making fart sounds with their mouths and hands, but as soon as they "mature" they (usually) stop doing that? What happens?
I think when they get older and realize they're not little kids anymore, they try to prove they're so mature and grown up so they don't find farts funny anymore.

There's a saying: "In middle school, everyone thinks they're 10 years older than they actually are"

I think there's some truth to that. I remember me (and my classmates) thinking we were so grown up in middle school.

In my experience, 8th grade was when people stopped finding farts funny

Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,728,044 times
Personally, if, after four years together, I have to put undue time and energy into "looking sexy," or be seriously worried that if I am gassy for whatever reason, my relationship is in jeopardy, I'm in the wrong relationship.

Don't get me wrong, as I noted earlier, I'm all for basic manners and politeness, and I don't believe that, after a certain point in the relationship, it's okay to let it all hang out...but sh*t happens, deal. If I'm in a committed relationship, I'm certainly not going to spend all my time worrying if various actions of mine are sufficiently sexy enough to keep my man interested. Were that the case, I'd never clean a toilet, throw on a bandanna and rubber gloves and scrub out the dog's crate, or do countless other things that might make me less than 100% sexy.

A guy who is grossed out that I accidentally passed gas around him without leaving the room is not going to be a guy who I can count on to be there at some point when I squeeze a living, breathing, screaming, blood-covered football-sized object out an orifice the size of a coin, you know? And he's probably also not a guy who can be counted on to handle helping with the cleanup of the various fluids that are going to spew forth from said object over the first few years. Grow up, boys.

And while you're at it, quit adjusting yourselves in front of us ladies...it's not sexxxxy.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,839,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

I think a lot of children lose their sense of humor as they mature and never regain it because laughing at silly things is somehow "not cool"? So many people take themselves so seriously with many unable to understand even subtle nuances which are intended as tongue in cheek but which they react to completely the wrong way.

There are some downright miserable posters on these and other forums who've probably not laughed out loud for years whether at a fart or anything else - including some very young ones who are hardly out of diapers but are so rigid in their views and filled with general peevishness.

I think I'll go eat a few beans and see if I can conjure up some specials for my restaurant customers tonight ...

Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I think when they get older and realize they're not little kids anymore, they try to prove they're so mature and grown up so they don't find farts funny anymore.

There's a saying: "In middle school, everyone thinks they're 10 years older than they actually are"

I think there's some truth to that. I remember me (and my classmates) thinking we were so grown up in middle school.

In my experience, 8th grade was when people stopped finding farts funny
Good points, all - I guess I never grew emotionally beyond 8th grade.

Thank Buddha I can fake it pretty good!

Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I think a lot of children lose their sense of humor as they mature and never regain it because laughing at silly things is somehow "not cool"? So many people take themselves so seriously with many unable to understand even subtle nuances which are intended as tongue in cheek but which they react to completely the wrong way.

There are some downright miserable posters on these and other forums who've probably not laughed out loud for years whether at a fart or anything else - including some very young ones who are hardly out of diapers but are so rigid in their views and filled with general peevishness.

I think I'll go eat a few beans and see if I can conjure up some specials for my restaurant customers tonight ...
Heh, heh...every night in my club I'll see customers that just have this look of...I don't know what to call it...grief? Sadness? Anger?...on their pusses. I mean, here they are, voluntarily coming into a club with booze and naked women, and you'd think after a while they'd forget their troubles one way or another.

But they sit there all night long, glaring and snorting and harrumphing, then leave. They probably mutter to themselves how bad the world is all the way home.

My lady told me the other night they're the ones that probably go postal.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:29 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,924,293 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Personally, if, after four years together, I have to put undue time and energy into "looking sexy,"

You know, Im glad you bring this up because this is another problem I have noticed. Perhaps it should be discussed on another thread but while we are on gthe subject, may as well do it right here. Why is it that some women think that just because they have been with somone for so long that it is just all of a sudden "ok" to quit putting an effort into "looking sexy" Dont you want to look sexy for your man??? This reminds me of buying a pack of hamburgh in a supermarket. When its sitting there on the shelf, it looks really pink and nice because of the dye they inject on the outsides, but once you buy it, take it home and start digging into it further, it begins to look less and less appealing. Bad metaphor?? Maybe, but it works. Personaly I think that this is why there is such a high divorce rate. The people in the relationship for some unknown reason think its ok to quit trying to please there partner. The same goes for men.

Quote:
A guy who is grossed out that I accidentally passed gas
Im not talking about accidents, thats understandable. Im talking about blatent disregard for manners. If my date and I were sitting on the couch watching tv and she just lifted her leg and let it rip, it would be a turn-off. un-sexy and un-appealing

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-05-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,655,522 times
[quote=Doug S. 123;19457346]
Quote:
Im not talking about accidents, thats understandable. Im talking about blatent disregard for manners. If my date and I were sitting on the couch watching tv and she just lifted her leg and let it rip, it would be a turn-off. un-sexy and un-appealing
yeah, that'd be pretty unappealing if anyone did that. But that's ok. That's just your preference. Me personally, if I had a bf who did that, I'd be laughing. Yes, it would kill the romantic mood but whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships