Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM

326 posts, read 813,572 times

Advertisements

Change is sooooo hard when Im stuck with my old negative ways and doing things I say Im not gonna do, I wanna be a better person but I just can bring myself to it? Has anyone else struggled with change how did you overcome it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 07:37 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,196 times
Maybe get excited about something new. Something healthy.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM

77 posts, read 151,853 times
Sometimes you just have to let go of your ways and make a decision to better yourself. Wallowing in self-pity isn't productive in life. Although talking with others about your problems may help, in the end the basic motivation to change yourself must come from within. People can change if they want to do so.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
One day at a time and one action at a time. Don't try to change all at once. Do it one action at a time. It's too overwhelming when you say you're going to "change" all at once. It doesn't work that way. It's a gradual process and every once in awhile you'll stutter step along the way. Don't beat yourself up over it. Do better next time.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
Change is sooooo hard when Im stuck with my old negative ways and doing things I say Im not gonna do, I wanna be a better person but I just can bring myself to it? Has anyone else struggled with change how did you overcome it?
Maybe a good cry will do some good.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,467 times
Quote:
Do you ever get a "gut" feeling that you shouldn't be doing what you are doing?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Maybe start with easy, small changes. Keep making them, and eventually you'll find you can make bigger changes, and harder changes. Very few people can make major changes all at once, unless - perhaps - they are faced with life-threatening consequences if they don't.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
I am far from overcoming it. I struggle, fail, get up and do it again.

Relationship problems, job--life in general?

I am listening to some CD's tonight. Turned the idiot television off. My dog is sleeping --watching me--lol--he forces me to walk. Acts like a lunatic if we don't do that. It was too hot for me tonight--he was not pleased. We went this AM and will go again tomorrow.

Forget about the better person stuff, jmo. If you feel bad, you feel bad and acknowledging that is part of letting go of the negativity.

I like this site---cynical, pithy --but that is sometimes what it takes to get through to me.
Ashleigh Brilliant>>
http://www.ashleighbrilliant.com/

~~~

Why God Why? I say that a lot.
lol He never explains--or if He does my mind is elsewhere when the answer is given. How much I have missed that might have been exactly what I wanted I can only imagine.
~~~
This helps me to snap out of the funk. 'Hooked on a Feeling'---senseless and absurd as only David Hasselhoff can be. I ROFLMAO every time.

YouTube - ‪David Hasselhoff - Hooked on a Feeling‬‏

Old 06-07-2011, 09:48 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Quote:
You didn't say what the problem is but I'm going to take a guess. If I'm wrong, maybe someone else will benefit.

Stop dating now. Take a total break and work on yourself. Don't go on a date and say that this time will be different b/c it won't. Get involved in some other activities instead and while you may meet some nice guys that way, don't get involved in any other way than friendship and only with all your other friends around. Do volunteer stuff, get a hobby, active or otherwise. Make new friends. Whatever it takes to keep your mind off the destructive patterns. And, good luck hun, but remember too that you make your own luck and also remember that some roads are just too easy to travel but they're not the most scenic ones.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
sometimes the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak....all part of being human....just don't ever give up reaching for your dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships