Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,115 times

Advertisements

You are too weak and fragile mentally, more life experience will toughen you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM

228 posts, read 500,797 times
You slept with him too soon and now you're in panic mode. Happens all the time. You've gone this far, you might as well see it through.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,420,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
You're afraid of heartbreak with this guy because he's pleasant to be around, and reciprocates feelings, contacts you, and apparently keeps you entertained. Le Gasp! You're falling for a (so far) nice guy and not a tool!

What little I know about relationships is telling me that you're expecting him to be a jerk, and he isn't (so far, keep fingers and toes crossed) and also that you might have given it up too soon. These are reasonable doubts and everyone goes through them at some point with someone. My advice is to perhaps proceed with a little more caution and see where it goes. Wait a little while to do any extracurricular PT with him, and see if he really is quite pleasant or if he was just behaving differently because he'd just met you. "Knowing of" someone is not the same as actually getting to know them.

the thing is, I don't know for sure if he reciprocates feelings. We haven't talked about it (I mean its barely been a week!). yesterday, he was tired and irritable so when I went to see him, he wasn't that pleasant (he asked to see me) and I wasn't aware of it until I got there so I left when he asked me to take a "nap" with him. I don't want him to make me into a booty call, but I feel like I might be confusing him too if I keep sex from him right now. I'm proceeding with a lot of caution. I have a few bones to pick with him too, but I think I need to wait on that.

infatuous-ya, I'm feeling pretty panicky. I'm just trying to distinguish between if that's all it is and if it'll pass or if I really do have reason to worry. I think at this point, only time will tell.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM

31,149 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
You slept with him too soon and now you're in panic mode. Happens all the time. You've gone this far, you might as well see it through.

Not bagging on you Infatuous1

I don't know why people on here keep bringing this up again and again"You slept with him too soon" ? Are we "Primatives' living in the 1600s. These are two adults, they are not children, they can choose who they have sex with or not...Free Will. "Oh no, he used me". In that case you used him too!
Woman who feed into this double standard deserve to be treated differently than men!

The strongest woman I know respond with a "Dam right I had sex with him, the time was right for me, nobody else" or "its none of your damm business!".

If this guys deserves to be in your life he will treat you well regardless of whether he slept with you on the 2nd date or 20th. In my opinion If he leaves you based on sleeping with you on the 2nd date he's not the kind of guy you want! I want someone who is my equal, not someone whos worth is reliant on what I think or do.

Every relationship you have exposes you to risk. The only other alternative is to be alone or just date.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-09-2011 at 12:18 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not bagging on you Infatuous1

I don't know why people on here keep bringing this up again and again"You slept with him too soon" ? Are we "Primatives' living in the 1600s. These are two adults, they are not children, they can choose who they have sex with or not...Free Will. "Oh no, he used me". In that case you used him too!
Woman who feed into this double standard deserve to be treated differently than men!

The strongest woman I know respond with a "Dam right I had sex with him, the time was right for me, nobody else" or "its none of your damm business!".

If this guys deserves to be in your life he will treat you well regardless of whether he slept with you on the 2nd date or 20th. In my opinion If he leaves you based on sleeping with you on the 2nd date he's not the kind of guy you want! I want someone who is my equal, not someone whos worth is reliant on what I think or do.

Every relationship you have exposes you to risk. The only other alternative is to be alone or just date.
ya but isn't a relationship reliant on what people think or do anyways?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 PM

31,149 posts, read 22,186,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya but isn't a relationship reliant on what people think or do anyways?
mir86, of course, but you can only control the way you feel about it, and respond to it. You have to decide for yourself that you want to take control of your life or be controlled by others.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
mir86, of course, but you can only control the way you feel about it, and respond to it. You have to decide for yourself that you want to take control of your life or be controlled by others.
ya you're right.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:33 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,711,274 times
Quote:
I finally met someone I like and I'm already afraid he's gonna break/shatter my heart. I don't know if I'm just being delusional, as he hasn't shown any sign that he's going to hurt me or anything, or if I'm just afraid of the inevitable: most relationships come to an end. I also made the mistake of sleeping with him 2 days after knowing him (we spent all weekend and yesterday together), though we knew of each other for a while, as we met through friends. He hasn't done anything wrong, is very affectionate, keeps in contact and so on. I'm just afraid that because I slept with him so soon, that is why my thoughts are extremely clouded, but I don't know how to do damage control over what I'm feeling right now. Its really freaking me out to the point that I don't want to see him in case it shows.

Last time I had my heart broken, I was afraid the grief would kill me off. Its the most devastating feeling in the world, next to maybe cancer. I'm deathly afraid of winding up falling for someone again who, like my ex, won't reciprocate.

Should I just space myself from him? My birthday is this weekend, and I really wanted to see him, but I'm thinking I should pace myself there.

You have every reason to be wary if your virtue is given away that easily......

A guy can spell tramp but it will not be true. If the girl spells tramp then they are stuck.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
You have every reason to be wary if your virtue is given away that easily......

A guy can spell tramp but it will not be true. If the girl spells tramp then they are stuck.
exactly why I'm driven insane right now. the last thing I need is him thinking that's what I am.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:59 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,711,274 times
Quote:
exactly why I'm driven insane right now. the last thing I need is him thinking that's what I am.
Then give him something else to think about ,and want, besides easy sex with you.

As it stands now you are an easy lay which is what most guys want. If a guy has to get to know you first then get to "know" you later there is hope of a long relationship. Become good friends first.

You're giving the prize away for free. Stop it now or never get respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships