Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been to a key party and would you consider it if not
yes I have been to one 4 3.31%
No I have never been to one 13 10.74%
No I have never been to one but would consider it 24 19.83%
No I have never been to one and would never even consider it 80 66.12%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times

Advertisements

It could be worse, it could be a total stranger who is willing to break up a relationship instead of give you back in, mostly, the same condition he got you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM

138 posts, read 269,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Never been to or even heard of one, but the swing scene is huge and growing by leaps and bounds. You know some swingers, I guarantee it, even if you don't know it.

So true, they are cops, lawyers, politicans, next door neighbors. lol Maybe even your best friend.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
My experience says otherwise. Most swingers are grounded firmly in reality, and are as 'normal' as the next person. We have kids, jobs, and lives, we just party a little differently. Oh, and for what it's worth, the divorce rate amongst swinging couples is much, much lower than the general population.

If that's 'emotional issues' perhaps we're onto something good?
Thank you DentalFloss

Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Of course the divorce rate is lower ...its because swingers to tend to marry people who also believe that kind of life style is ok...
Why would they divorce...they are with people who let them cheat..
Put a swinger with someone who treats marriage as sacred..I bet the divorce rate would be high..
You can say the divorce rate is low all you want..All you told us swingers have no respect for their marriage or their spouses.
When you truly love someone..you cherish their body and the tought of anyone else touching them isn't something you would want.
But if thats your calling have fun while it lasts.
I did not want to get involved but some of you are treating swingers like they are not the norm. God allowed us to injoy sex. Humans are the only ones that God created to enjoy it, not to do it just to have babies, he did not set these sex rules that we grew up with (well those that did not have parents that were swingers) Humans did. Okay religion did. Most swingers got involved to share a beautiful experience with others, that does not mean they are cheating on each other, does not mean that they want to be with others in a relationship, and they still want to wake up in the arms of their life partners and enjoy what life gives them wether it be for better or for worse. Swingers dont get together just for sex, some swingers go to partys and dont even have sex with others, but what excites them in their marriage is to either watch or to be watched. There are rules in the swingers life style and they all go by them. New swingers are guided by others. And it is always safe sex. It is not all sex. But yes it is good if you enjoy sex. Some swingers have been friends for many years, they can get together without it. When swingers are having sex with others the partner is 99% there with them so how can that be cheating. I am sure you know a swinger but they would never tell you about it because of the attitudes. I personal know of a politician and his wife that are swingers and they spend christmas at the white house with the president. I know of a very well known and very rich husband and wife that have partys once a month in their manson. They fill their home with 350 plus people each month. Your nurse maybe a swinger, the cop that just gave you a speeding ticket or the lawyer that you may be thinking of hiring for a divorce lawyer could be a swinger. Swinging is huge and is not filled with idiots or people with problems. And certainly not all partys are used to do drugs or drink. There are skinny people and fat people, ugly and beautiful. So next time you say hi to someone, wether it be your friend, sister, brother, mother, father, or even a church goer, think twice about that person, they may be thinking about asking you if you would like to go to a party or meet some friends. Now I am going to go on and read the rest of this blog. Maybe I can meet some swinger friends because they are some of the best people in the world.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Couple questions.
1) I'm assuming these are a loose set of rules?
2) How do you keep the uglies out, both parties?
3) how about if its your girlfriend if your not married. Is that ok or is it married folks only?
4) What if your girlfriend doesn't want to be paired up with John Holmes?
there are many rules and all go by them, I never heard of any one having a problem. One ugly as you call them is beautiful to another. And what about some ones personality? Is it all looks to some? Why would it have to be just married couples? Partners do not make each other do things that they do not want to do, that is foolish thinking. You are making swingers sound like we have to do what some one else wants. Swingers respect each other.
And that tv show was aweful. The producer should have asked real swingers what it is all about not assuming about the swinger life. Many of you "vanillas" are thinking all swingers do is have sex. I feel sorry for some that have such a dirty mind, lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:31 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
I did not want to get involved but some of you are treating swingers like they are not the norm..

Well they aren't normal. So don't be normal if that is what you want, but no it is not normal.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
I did not want to get involved but some of you are treating swingers like they are not the norm. God allowed us to injoy sex. Humans are the only ones that God created to enjoy it, not to do it just to have babies, he did not set these sex rules that we grew up with (well those that did not have parents that were swingers) Humans did. Okay religion did. Most swingers got involved to share a beautiful experience with others, that does not mean they are cheating on each other, does not mean that they want to be with others in a relationship, and they still want to wake up in the arms of their life partners and enjoy what life gives them wether it be for better or for worse. Swingers dont get together just for sex, some swingers go to partys and dont even have sex with others, but what excites them in their marriage is to either watch or to be watched. There are rules in the swingers life style and they all go by them. New swingers are guided by others. And it is always safe sex. It is not all sex. But yes it is good if you enjoy sex. Some swingers have been friends for many years, they can get together without it. When swingers are having sex with others the partner is 99% there with them so how can that be cheating. I am sure you know a swinger but they would never tell you about it because of the attitudes. I personal know of a politician and his wife that are swingers and they spend christmas at the white house with the president. I know of a very well known and very rich husband and wife that have partys once a month in their manson. They fill their home with 350 plus people each month. Your nurse maybe a swinger, the cop that just gave you a speeding ticket or the lawyer that you may be thinking of hiring for a divorce lawyer could be a swinger. Swinging is huge and is not filled with idiots or people with problems. And certainly not all partys are used to do drugs or drink. There are skinny people and fat people, ugly and beautiful. So next time you say hi to someone, wether it be your friend, sister, brother, mother, father, or even a church goer, think twice about that person, they may be thinking about asking you if you would like to go to a party or meet some friends. Now I am going to go on and read the rest of this blog. Maybe I can meet some swinger friends because they are some of the best people in the world.

Oh good grief , swingers are far from the norm in America

It's been estimated that there are 4 million Americans participating in this deviant lifestyle, which is hardly a drop in the bucket.

And you are only partly right about sex - it IS one of God's greatest gifts to us. But it was a gift intended to be used in the context of love, not just for physical pleasure. People like you have degraded the beauty of sex, corrupted its purpose, and added to the increase in sexually transmitted diseases

STDs a Big Risk for Older Swingers - ABC News

Old 07-13-2011, 03:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well they aren't normal. So don't be normal if that is what you want, but no it is not normal.
Yeah, 2-4% is hardly the norm

What percentage of married couples are swingers

Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
but who is to say what the norm is? Everyone is normal to themselves. Ever go to Boston? I look at everyone as being normal, I do not judge.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh good grief , swingers are far from the norm in America

It's been estimated that there are 4 million Americans participating in this deviant lifestyle, which is hardly a drop in the bucket.

And you are only partly right about sex - it IS one of God's greatest gifts to us. But it was a gift intended to be used in the context of love, not just for physical pleasure. People like you have degraded the beauty of sex, corrupted its purpose, and added to the increase in sexually transmitted diseases

STDs a Big Risk for Older Swingers - ABC News

not sure where you are getting that number from but 4 million and growing..... Check it each day the number may grow.
Who said that god meant sex to be a gift only intended to be used in one way? That is your way of thinking and of the way some humans made it hundred of years ago. Swingers show each other the beauty of sex without exploiting it or abusing it like some do with religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships