Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been to a key party and would you consider it if not
yes I have been to one 4 3.31%
No I have never been to one 13 10.74%
No I have never been to one but would consider it 24 19.83%
No I have never been to one and would never even consider it 80 66.12%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:06 PM

138 posts, read 270,079 times

Advertisements

I have spent many hours reading this post and it was very interesting. So many debating about some thing and doing it with class. I stand up and applaud you all.
Any partys this weekend? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena and mike View Post
not sure where you are getting that number from but 4 million and growing..... Check it each day the number may grow.
Who said that god meant sex to be a gift only intended to be used in one way? That is your way of thinking and of the way some humans made it hundred of years ago. Swingers show each other the beauty of sex without exploiting it or abusing it like some do with religions.

Do not confuse God with religion.

God's word on sex is pretty clear.

You and your partners are perverting his Word and misusing his gift.

That's your choice, he gave you free will.

Just quit trying to tell us your choice is "normal" or acceptable.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,620,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's been estimated that there are 4 million Americans participating in this deviant lifestyle, which is hardly a drop in the bucket.
Estimated by whom? Studies I've seen put it as high as 10-15%, and though accurate numbers are hard to come by, rest assured it's growing and becoming much more popular. We routinely go to parties with hundreds and hundreds of people. There are tens of millions of lifestyler profiles available on a multitude of websites. But so what?

Do you condemn skydiving because only a small percentage of the public participates?

Quote:
But it was a gift intended to be used in the context of love, not just for physical pleasure.
And you know this how? You do know the root cause of religious condemnation of promiscuity was because people unfamiliar with the mechanisms of disease transmission assumed STIs were divine punishments for verboten behavior, right? See, now we understand things like bacteria and viruses and how disease transmits. Nothing divine about it.

Quote:
People like you have degraded the beauty of sex, corrupted its purpose, and added to the increase in sexually transmitted diseases
The article you linked spoke more of 50 and 60-somethings new to the dating scene than real swingers. In my experience, condom use amongst swingers is 99.8%, more or less. Note that is my personal experience with thousands of people, not some schlub writing an article about something he's never experienced for himself.

I have never personally been infected by any disease, nor has my wife, nor has anyone I am aware of. According to the CDC, the last documented case of AIDS from swinging was in the late 80's when a bisexual man infected 2 partners after unprotected anal sex. Doesn't seem a big risk.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I have spent many hours reading this post and it was very interesting. So many debating about some thing and doing it with class. I stand up and applaud you all.
Any partys this weekend? lol
Yes, if you're gonna be in Florida there is a HUGE one this weekend. Fifth anniversary of the first Eyes Wide Shut party @ Caliente. Let me know if interested.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Like hell it is. He didn't even make it clear which book about him we're supposed to follow fer chrissake.

PS... In case you were unaware, all of the books I just mentioned were written by men. Men who had to protect their own power. You do the math.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Yes, if you're gonna be in Florida there is a HUGE one this weekend. Fifth anniversary of the first Eyes Wide Shut party @ Caliente. Let me know if interested.
Darn we live in Arizona. I can always contact you if I ever go there. We can meet, and have sex, lmao, okay that was just to get some certain people going. As adults and swingers I would love to meet you and your wife some day. You sound like a wonderful person with alot of love for his wife and a man with intelliegence and dignity. Enjoy life to the fullest.

I think they need to make a group just for swingers, then those who dont like swingers can stay away, but then again this was a swinger thread and they just cant stay away, I think deep down they are very interested but just cant get past how they were brought up and what they were taught.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Do not confuse God with religion.

You and your partners are perverting his Word and misusing his gift.

That's your choice, he gave you free will.

Just quit trying to tell us your choice is "normal" or acceptable.

If you dislike the lifestyle so much then why do you read the posts? If I didnt like reading religion then I would not go there. Actually I dont go there because it is not my thing. I just dont understand why you read all these posts.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
You sound like a wonderful person with alot of love for his wife and a man with intelliegence and dignity. Enjoy life to the fullest.
Thank you. If you're headed this way let me know. Big party weekend is the third Saturday of every month, but there's something almost every weekend. We didn't even get home until 10am this past Sunday from the night before lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:58 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,483,451 times
Caliente Tampa isn't bad. We were there last summer and found it an interesting first-time experience with a clothes-optional resort (though it's a good distance from us). Overall, it wasn't really to our liking. The only thing that saved it was hanging out with friends who invited us.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Depends on when you go, Taoist. You go there on a weekend when our group is partying and it'll knock your socks off. Hint: That would be the third Saturday of every month. Memorial day weekend was also amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships