Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM

433 posts, read 1,370,559 times

Advertisements

If you see someone who you question your friendship with and wanna test them. Is it normal to see someone walking in a hallway at school and run up to them, stop and walk slower when you're in front of them, just to see if he would talk to you when you want them to, even though he's spoken to you very recently without you first speaking, and you went back and to him later and made the initial talking, just to REALLY 100% make sure?

Is it also fair to look in someone's computer screen to drag them out of class to show them you wanna talk while you're talking to someone else and you're walking out of class with that someone else. That guy you dragged out of class by staring can't do anything to talk to you because you're having a conversation with someone else on a subject he knows nothing about. He ends up leaving and going back to class to work on his stuff. He then gets mad and annoyed when you didn't talk to him and thinks you don't really wanna be friends, when HE CLEARLY JUST SPOKE TO YOU between this incident and the one in the previous class. This guy is doing this crap just to make sure 100% that you'll talk when he wants to, even though he's not saying anything.

Is it fair to even to this? Should the guy who's being, say, "harassed" with the tests continue trying to be friends with him? Should you let his other friends who socializes properly with know what he does? Should you let him know instead personally up-front why he's doing this? This is a situation between 2 males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlquebec102 View Post
If you see someone who you question your friendship with and wanna test them. Is it normal to see someone walking in a hallway at school and run up to them, stop and walk slower when you're in front of them, just to see if he would talk to you when you want them to, even though he's spoken to you very recently without you first speaking, and you went back and to him later and made the initial talking, just to REALLY 100% make sure?

Is it also fair to look in someone's computer screen to drag them out of class to show them you wanna talk while you're talking to someone else and you're walking out of class with that someone else. That guy you dragged out of class by staring can't do anything to talk to you because you're having a conversation with someone else on a subject he knows nothing about. He ends up leaving and going back to class to work on his stuff. He then gets mad and annoyed when you didn't talk to him and thinks you don't really wanna be friends, when HE CLEARLY JUST SPOKE TO YOU between this incident and the one in the previous class. This guy is doing this crap just to make sure 100% that you'll talk when he wants to, even though he's not saying anything.

Is it fair to even to this? Should the guy who's being, say, "harassed" with the tests continue trying to be friends with him? Should you let his other friends who socializes properly with know what he does? Should you let him know instead personally up-front why he's doing this? This is a situation between 2 males.

Sorry you lost me...

Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 AM

182 posts, read 298,997 times
Quote:

Je n'ai aucune idee que vous demandez!!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman51 View Post
Je n'ai aucune idee que vous demandez!!

lol..

Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 AM

112 posts, read 191,979 times
Arrête de niaiser!

I would not be your friend and if you must test your friend you need to find another.

Being a friend is about acting like a a friend not une fesse.

Read the book, "How to Make Friends and Influence People". It is good basic advice for someone of your maturity level.

Good luck.

WC

Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM

494 posts, read 1,610,454 times
Between the wall of text and the random French, I got lost somewhere along the way, but I think I get the gist of the question asked.

It's not normal at all, but I see where you are coming from too. If you feel the need to test your friends, than there is probably something about them that makes you question them. Instead of testing them, it would be better to address such issues and question directly with them instead of developing "test" for them. Your test may be flawed and may not reveal the whole truth more often than not.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,907 times
Quote:

Isn't it annoying when your social life is this confusing? It doesn't have to be. Don't test people and if they test you, act like you don't notice it.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM

346 posts, read 507,727 times
Quote:

If you (the testee) know that you are being a good friend, then you should ignore the tests and let the tester reach their own conclusions.

The tester is either bored, a drama king, or insecure, but regardless of WHY he is testing you, as long as you know you are being a good friend, if the tester finds you lacking, clearly that's something he has to deal with.

Tell him, "I don't know why you feel the need to "test" me and our friendship, but I believe I am a good, decent friend to you, and I would appreciate you showing a little more trust in our friendship."

Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Sorry you lost me...
Whew, I thought it was only me, so I am glad the first reply mimicked my own thoughts.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Whew, I thought it was only me, so I am glad the first reply mimicked my own thoughts.
Good Lord...add me to the "lost" list! I think the OP must be in grade school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships