Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,699,902 times

Advertisements

I just read a post about the guy having a hard time making a decision, this infuriates me!! I can't stand making the decisions about EVERYTHING we do on a date.
Why is it when I have a date, he always asks me what I want to do? Doesn't he have any ideas of his own? I have to decide the restaurant, movie, activity, etc and it really bothers me. I prefer the man to say, hey let's go to this restaurant and maybe go watch some live music. That would be so much better than always having to come up with something!! Like tonight, I have a date and he asks what do I want to do and where, etc. So I ask if he likes music, he says yes, so now I have to find a place with music, etc. I would just rather the man take initiative and plan the date.
Sorry, just venting!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,408,136 times
I'll get back to you on this..

Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 AM

946 posts, read 2,920,146 times
I made a similar thread in the past about guys who are sooo easy-going, it's like they have no backbone. They'll say yes to everything I say, will make me decide on everything, and are extremely passive. This annoys me, and not everyone will agree with me, but you're the man- please take the reins at least once in a while! I think it's sexy when a man will say, "Hey, we're going to said place at this time, be ready!" So yes, I understand you.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 AM

thanks! where are the men that are assertive and decisive?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I made a similar thread in the past about guys who are sooo easy-going, it's like they have no backbone. They'll say yes to everything I say, will make me decide on everything, and are extremely passive. This annoys me, and not everyone will agree with me, but you're the man- please take the reins at least once in a while! I think it's sexy when a man will say, "Hey, we're going to said place at this time, be ready!" So yes, I understand you.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:25 AM

946 posts, read 2,920,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
thanks! where are the men that are assertive and decisive?????
They're out there! In my experience, they tend to be the older ones. Also, I find that a lot of times it's because they want you to like them so much, they think that by letting you be the decision-maker and giving in to your every demand (in the beginning stages of dating), they'll be making you happy. It's not attractive in my opinion, it just screams push-over!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:30 AM

I hear you! I get so frustrated when I have to decide. If it was really my decision, I'd want the guy to fly me to Vegas for the weekend! But, that won't happen!! ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
They're out there! In my experience, they tend to be the older ones. Also, I find that a lot of times it's because they want you to like them so much, they think that by letting you be the decision-maker and giving in to your every demand (in the beginning stages of dating), they'll be making you happy. It's not attractive in my opinion, it just screams push-over!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM

494 posts, read 1,611,237 times
To counter the OP, do you think guys like always trying to coming up with stuff as well? Not really, but that's what girls have come to expect from us. Personally, I would prefer to get input into the decision so I would know that w/e do isn't just fun for me. Cause the way I see things, if I just say we are doing something, and you don't like it, then all that assertiveness and decisiveness goes out the window because the date would be boring to you. I'm type of person who isn't happy if the other person isn't happy.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,416,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
To counter the OP, do you think guys like always trying to coming up with stuff as well? Not really, but that's what girls have come to expect from us. Personally, I would prefer to get input into the decision so I would know that w/e do isn't just fun for me. Cause the way I see things, if I just say we are doing something, and you don't like it, then all that assertiveness and decisiveness goes out the window because the date would be boring to you. I'm type of person who isn't happy if the other person isn't happy.
so then why not suggest some things and let her take her pick of the suggestions? at least that's SOMETHING!

Old 06-19-2011, 09:11 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,303,939 times
Whatever happened to deciding together where you want to go and what you want to do??

Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,835,871 times
you don't have to go on this date, you now. find someone more assertive who likes to plan and take risks.

sounds like these guys care too much about how you'll feel about their planning and are too afraid to mess up. which can be an annoying thing to deal with in itself, both in the short and long run.

if you're annoyed, then dont' go simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships