Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:19 AM

33 posts, read 88,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
My wife and I have been married for 30 years already, and we speak to each other on the telephone once or twice a day whenever we can. It feels real nice when she calls me, and I sincerely hope that she feels the same way I do when she hears my voice. And yes, we talk on the telephone on break time

In my view, the OP is not asking very much of her husband. By now he should know that calling her, even to say hello, would make her happy.
the sad truth is he knows, but he just doesn't do it....what to do? what to think? i told him his phone calls make me happy and that i like him to call and he still doesn't do it....
he's a bf, not hb
and im so envious of your relaitonship with your wife, i hope i can be one day with someone like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 01:21 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,498,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huafeihua View Post
the sad truth is he knows, but he just doesn't do it....what to do? what to think? i told him his phone calls make me happy and that i like him to call and he still doesn't do it....
he's a bf, not hb
and im so envious of your relaitonship with your wife, i hope i can be one day with someone like that.
Important clue here...

Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I call because I want to and not because I am told to. The GF should call because she wants to and not because I tell her to.
should we not be clear about what we want?
i'm just disappointed that he knows his phone calls will make me happy and he doesnt do it.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,452,883 times
Quote:
i hope i can be one day with someone like that.

Get started.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Important clue here...
as i think im kinda self-deceiving. i just want to look for an answer.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
should we not be clear about what we want?
i'm just disappointed that he knows his phone calls will make me happy and he doesnt do it.
I think he is telling you what he doesn't want to do by not doing it.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Get started.
Agreed.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 AM

158 posts, read 383,127 times
Calling is very important for me, too! When we were at the beginning of our relationship, my husband and I would speak about 3 or 4 times a day on the phone, especially since we both had a very busy schedule and there were days we couldn't see eachother. I did most of the calling, there were days when he didn't call me and when I complained he would say that it is because I call him anyway. We did have some arguments about this. For me calling was an important, yet easy thing to do and I couldn't understand why he would not do something that he knew made me happy.
Then I realised it was not because he didn't love me, but because he was indeed very busy (he had days when he finished work around midnight) and sometimes I didn't exactly give him the chance to call because I would call him.
Not sure if I am making to much sense, but have you tried not calling him until he calls you (even if it takes a few days). This way when he finally calls, you will see if he is bothered that you didn't keep in touch or if he thinks it is normal to have less contact. Since you don't live together, and I suppose you don't meet every day, maybe this will be a way for you to know if he is the kind of guy who doesn't need constant connection (which would mean there is nothing wrong with the relationship, he just sees things different), or he does need it but he knows you will make in anyway so he lets you do it (which, in my opinion means that he is taking you for granted a little).

I do agree that he should have called you at least once a day, but guys do think differently...

Old 06-24-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkk2chane View Post
Calling is very important for me, too! When we were at the beginning of our relationship, my husband and I would speak about 3 or 4 times a day on the phone, especially since we both had a very busy schedule and there were days we couldn't see eachother. I did most of the calling, there were days when he didn't call me and when I complained he would say that it is because I call him anyway. We did have some arguments about this. For me calling was an important, yet easy thing to do and I couldn't understand why he would not do something that he knew made me happy.
Then I realised it was not because he didn't love me, but because he was indeed very busy (he had days when he finished work around midnight) and sometimes I didn't exactly give him the chance to call because I would call him.
Not sure if I am making to much sense, but have you tried not calling him until he calls you (even if it takes a few days). This way when he finally calls, you will see if he is bothered that you didn't keep in touch or if he thinks it is normal to have less contact. Since you don't live together, and I suppose you don't meet every day, maybe this will be a way for you to know if he is the kind of guy who doesn't need constant connection (which would mean there is nothing wrong with the relationship, he just sees things different), or he does need it but he knows you will make in anyway so he lets you do it (which, in my opinion means that he is taking you for granted a little).

I do agree that he should have called you at least once a day, but guys do think differently...
thanks very much for the input and understanding where i stand. i dont think he's all that busy cause he's on vacation with his daughter in DC. and i ususally dont call unless i dont hear from him. he has always been the one making most calls.....

Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 AM

158 posts, read 383,127 times
Quote:
thanks very much for the input and understanding where i stand. i dont think he's all that busy cause he's on vacation with his daughter in DC. and i ususally dont call unless i dont hear from him. he has always been the one making most calls.....
Oh, ok, I get it! If he usually calls you maybe this time, being with his daughter, he really wanted to concentrate on her. Is she very young -as in she requiers a lot of attention so by the end of the day he is exhausted? Regardless, one 2 minutes phone call at the end of the day shouldn't be that hard to do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships