Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:40 AM

33 posts, read 88,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I would be upset, too. One call a day is not too much to ask.
and we've been together over 1 year, it's a pretty much established relationship, i thought we should be at a point where we start seeing each other kinda like a family memember. and i do so much for him, before his leaving, buying necessities for his trip, when he's away, i come to his house to do clean up for him etc. i don't ask him to report to me 24/7, but just tell him to call me once a day to let me know how is he doing. and i dont hear anything except a 2-word text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 12:40 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
He just wants his bj.

Cut him off completely and get a new boyfriend.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 AM

298 posts, read 628,122 times
One call a day is not too much at all. I would probably want to re-evaluate the relationship if they didn't WANT to talk at least once a day. It would be a big red flag for me. I also think it is a sign of the times where men are not taught to be men anymore. They don't seem to know how to court a women and I don't consider myself that old.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:48 AM

924 posts, read 2,230,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huafeihua View Post
i do so much for him, before his leaving, buying necessities for his trip, when he's away, i come to his house to do clean up for him etc.
Sounds like what a mother (or good wife) would do.

Quote:
i don't ask him to report to me 24/7, but just tell him to call me once a day to let me know how is he doing. and i dont hear anything except a 2-word text.
Again, telling a guy to do something sounds like a demand or a command. Guys don't like a nagging wife any more than a demanding girlfriend. It sounds like you are very much into him, but judging from your past threads, he is less into you. I suppose this must be difficult to maintain balance in the relationship.

By the way, I suppose from your screen name that you are a Chinese woman. Can you tell us how this white guy's behavior compares to how a Chinese man would treat you? (assuming you had a Chinese bf before)

Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It isn't.
i dont understand the so called "independent" bs. i'm not depending on him in any forms. i have my own job and live at my own place, i pay for dinner the same amount as he does. i'm not clingy, i don't make serial calls. but i, however, do need to hear from him each day when he's not around as we've been together 1 year already. when you have a gf and don't care to call her everyday, is that because you are being " independent"?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
i dont understand the so called "independent" bs. i'm not depending on him in any forms. i have my own job and live at my own place, i pay for dinner the same amount as he does. i'm not clingy, i don't make serial calls. but i, however, do need to hear from him each day when he's not around as we've been together 1 year already. when you have a gf and don't care to call her everyday, is that because you are being " independent"?
I call because I want to and not because I am told to. The GF should call because she wants to and not because I tell her to.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:08 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
One call a day isn't much to ask for but maybe he's busy. He may not need to talk every day, but still cares for you. When I'm in a relationship I don't really think it's necessary to "check in" if we're not together. I'd prefer to be in contact every day, but sometimes it doesn't happen.

What you have to find out is if he's not as into you as you are him or if it's just part of his personality. He has to want to make the call, not make it because you want him to.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
Sounds like what a mother (or good wife) would do.

yes i know, but i just couldn't help it. maybe im just being too chinese. this it what a lot chinese gfs(not sure about abc girls) would do for their bfs.
maybe we are being too sweet.

Again, telling a guy to do something sounds like a demand or a command. Guys don't like a nagging wife any more than a demanding girlfriend. It sounds like you are very much into him, but judging from your past threads, he is less into you. I suppose this must be difficult to maintain balance in the relationship.

By the way, I suppose from your screen name that you are a Chinese woman. Can you tell us how this white guy's behavior compares to how a Chinese man would treat you? (assuming you had a Chinese bf before)
i wouldn't want to generalize, i wouldnt say his behavoir is typical white guy's. i know some white guys treat their gfs with totally sweetness too. i think it's just the individuality

Old 06-24-2011, 01:13 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
My wife and I have been married for 30 years already, and we speak to each other on the telephone once or twice a day whenever we can. It feels real nice when she calls me, and I sincerely hope that she feels the same way I do when she hears my voice. And yes, we talk on the telephone on break time

In my view, the OP is not asking very much of her husband. By now he should know that calling her, even to say hello, would make her happy.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:17 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
My wife and I have been married for 30 years already, and we speak to each other on the telephone once or twice a day whenever we can. It feels real nice when she calls me, and I sincerely hope that she feels the same way I do when she hears my voice. And yes, we talk on the telephone on break time

In my view, the OP is not asking very much of her husband. By now he should know that calling her, even to say hello, would make her happy.
You mean her boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships