Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hmm... Well, although attractiveness is subjective, I would say that I'm usually not attracted to really attractive men. I'm more about sense of humor and intelligence than physical appearance - and to be honest, most of the men that I've met that are really attractive have been more lacking in those departments. I want someone that can make me laugh and can challenge me mentally. If you can do that - your physical appearance becomes very attractive to me. If you can't do that - you become far less attractive to me. So even if a guy looks really hot at first glance - if I talk to him and am not impressed - he can look really unattractive to me very fast.

Sometimes really attractive people rely on their looks rather than their personality to get them by. Maybe online - the really attractive guys don't have as interesting of a profile as the guys that are not as attractive.

Then again, some girls want to be the pretty one!
Are you single?

(It's hard to figure out which girls are like this online. Any tips when a man might scan a female profiles?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Default I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hmm... Well, although attractiveness is subjective, I would say that I'm usually not attracted to really attractive men. I'm more about sense of humor and intelligence than physical appearance - and to be honest, most of the men that I've met that are really attractive have been more lacking in those departments. I want someone that can make me laugh and can challenge me mentally. If you can do that - your physical appearance becomes very attractive to me. If you can't do that - you become far less attractive to me. So even if a guy looks really hot at first glance - if I talk to him and am not impressed - he can look really unattractive to me very fast.

Sometimes really attractive people rely on their looks rather than their personality to get them by. Maybe online - the really attractive guys don't have as interesting of a profile as the guys that are not as attractive.

Then again, some girls want to be the pretty one!
I have dated a few "pretty boys" and I so agree with you Dewdrop... I MUST have an intelligent conversation and be able to joke around and laugh a lot... women aren't as "visual", on the whole as men are.. I do like a man that loves to hike and gets into nature too but facial looks... not where I concentrate...

Old 06-25-2011, 10:37 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Did you just call women coyotes? lol
YUP, they were COYOTE UGLY-lol

Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
YUP, they were COYOTE UGLY-lol

Did they all look like Leann Rimes?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Did they all look like Leann Rimes?
The bottom of Leann Rimes Foot

Old 06-25-2011, 10:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
Are you single?

(It's hard to figure out which girls are like this online. Any tips when a man might scan a female profiles?)
Nope - not single! I never did online dating so I can't really offer any suggestions... But like I said - the way into my heart is by making me laugh and being able to carry on an intelligent conversation. Share interests are cool - but a shared lifestyle is more important.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:09 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
They might think he is taken and probably won't respond due to many messages.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:30 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Women typically find more masculine men more attractive, and that's a function of testosterone levels. However, while those men are physically attractive, high testosterone also strongly correlates with lower fidelity. (This is all based on many scientific studies, BTW, so I'm not making this up.) Perhaps women seeking a long-term relationship aren't contacting these guys, because they are perceived to be unreliable mates.

From a psychological perspective (as opposed to biological/mating), it could be that some women are intimidated and figure the attractive men already have plenty of prospects, and want to take advantage of their popularity. They are less likely to commit.

So, from these two different perspectives, the most attractive men may in some strange way be seen as less desirable. Women more interested in short-term flings may be more likely to contact them, though.
Yes, and same goes for women.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
I think part of the reason is that there is a stereotype about attractive men being jerks and some women believe it. They won't click on his profile because they think he's gonna be a jerk or they're not pretty enough for him. I fall under the latter category. I'm not ugly but I don't think I'm pretty enough to approach a super attractive guy.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:54 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I have dated a few "pretty boys" and I so agree with you Dewdrop... I MUST have an intelligent conversation and be able to joke around and laugh a lot... women aren't as "visual", on the whole as men are.. I do like a man that loves to hike and gets into nature too but facial looks... not where I concentrate...
Its too bad women don't get into those activities until they have lost their looks......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships